[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Wow! That Lever Shotty is gorgeous! Maybe you could round out the hand guard though.
Sir, this suggestion is pinned down on my desk, and i'll work on it ASAP sir!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Image
Messin' with Neccronixis' awesome sprites.
neccronixis did a lot of new hands for it too, like i honestly think it'd be cool if he rolled the shells around his knuckles and then shoved them in

honestly tho a lot with that rifle is that it just seems almost too wide, yknow?

so y not
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hello, world and Hello, reply time!
Uboa wrote::o
Now this. this is just what i wanted, thanks uboa and raingunner!
GAA1992 wrote:Sorry for double posting, but here's the original:

Woohoo, glad my gun sprite worked! Also i kinda want to rip more lever-action shotgun in the future as well. And revolvers, too!
a fast go is a good go!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

J, is it yours? good gods... I think it should be credited to you then, and i must rename the file i got over here.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Messin' with Neccronixis' awesome sprites.
At first I thought that the frames where the shells are spinning on the end of the pointer finger was instead the doomguy spinning shells while flipping the birb.
Fantastic work shivers
Last edited by zrrion the insect on Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

zrrion the insect wrote:
At first I thought that the frames where the shells are spinning on the end of the pointer finger was instead the doomguy spinning shells while flipping the bird.
Fantastic work shivers
Maybe he is :P
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

chronoteeth wrote:honestly tho a lot with that rifle is that it just seems almost too wide, yknow?

so y not
Perhaps, though I'm gonna see how animations are going to play out before I decide to start with a thinner base.

Also, a pickup sprite - the rifle has a thumbhole stock, so the firing hand wouldn't be visible on top of the rifle (the trigger finger, on the other hand, is actually barely visible at the very bottom of the last HUD sprite I posted). Huge sprite is huge, but that's honestly the smallest I could get it and still have it scale consistently with my other pickups.

EDIT: Decided to have a go at adding Doom hands again, and got this:

Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Co-op reloading. :P
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

GAA1992 wrote:J, is it yours? good gods... I think it should be credited to you then, and i must rename the file i got over here.
Heh, i guess now the confusion is undone. That good looking lever action is indeed from Captain J, and is even on his own thread.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Co-op reloading. :P
Teamwork, man. It loads much better.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

TheRailgunner wrote:EDIT: Decided to have a go at adding Doom hands again, and got this:

Heyyy, that's pretty good.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

enderkevin13 wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:EDIT: Decided to have a go at adding Doom hands again, and got this:

Heyyy, that's pretty good.
No Land Beyond is one of those guns that just doesn't seem to sit right with a lot of people. Personally, I prefer the Legendary New Monarchy Auto Rifle, Righteous VII, with a blazing rate of fire, smooth stability and a hell of a bad attitude with Glass Half Full and a 43 round clip.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

MGY-6 Self-Charging Magnum.PNG
MGY-6 Self-Charging Magnum.PNG (18.73 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Couldn't handled and never liked the angled one, but at least centered one kinda worked!

Original by mathew1 at Sketchfab.com.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

"Driving nails into the souls on the tree of pain" -Bullet The Blue Sky, U2

The UAC corporation commissioned a defense contractor to come up with a fast system for erecting temporary structures and scaffolding in desolate areas, which could also be used as an effective short ranged weapon in the hands of engineers and construction crew.

Thus the Nailgun was created, attaching heavy finned spikes to what was essentially a .50 magnum casing allowed the "nails" to drive deeply and securely into the recycled plastic foam posts, joining and fixing them in place. The power of the nail cartridge also allowed the fixing of studs into concrete and securing sheet steel.

The nailgun was belt fed, and featured 2 barrels that would automatically fire one after the other at a fixed offset from each other. If necessary a special catch could be flipped under the tool to deliver only one per trigger pull, but this took time to switch and made it somewhat unreliable, so this technique was only used under foremen supervision.

This sped up construction. But the nailgun was deadly out to several hundred meters, and it was accurate out to at least 50. The sharp, heavy finned spikes also easily penetrated body armor, and the razor-like fins could sever arteries like the tip of a hunting arrow. There were some incidents with individuals taking out their frustration on each other with these deadly tools, but it was reasoned if anyone wanted to start trouble they would have found a way.

Given logistics and a seemingly infinite amount of the nails being available, a weaponized version was designed by another defense contractor for the security personnel. The Super Nailgun as some of the guys called it, fired at a faster rate and the longer barrel allowed greater muzzle velocity. While it wasnt as impressive as a dedicated machinegun... in the close quarters ranges frequently encountered in base facilities it was just as effective.

There were rumors that special explosive-tipped nails had been produced, but it was only conjecture and even if they were, the supplies would have been scarce. More likely a joke passed around at the company bar.

--End Fluff--

Some Nailgun projectile sprites, designed for use of heavy scaling (0.5 or lower). Unpaletted.

RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

Saw this on a screenshot somewhere for arachnotron plasma. Its the crossbow shot from heretic. So I made a recolor from scratch. Paletted.

Would make a nice special-magic-attack

Return to “General”