[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
n64q

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by n64q »

doom eternal- ish mix with doom arachnotron
Attachments
arachnotron.png
arachnotron.png (5.3 KiB) Viewed 3065 times
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

n64q wrote:doom eternal- ish mix with doom arachnotron
put some D64 legs on that one
Stopsignal

Post by Stopsignal »

Gonna post it here too! Coming along.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Stopsignal wrote:Gonna post it here too! Coming along.
Friggin' love this. I think this monster will become iconic.
Cabo_Fiambre

Post by Cabo_Fiambre »

---
Last edited by Cabo_Fiambre on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

Here's one I've been working on for a while, a 1911 pistol.
iD Software, 3DRealms, FreeDoom Team, Own work
iD Software, 3DRealms, FreeDoom Team, Own work
Primarily, I based it on the old FreeDoom pistol (do they still use that thing?), which I then basically painted over and reworked, silencer painted by hand, the pickup sprite is painted over an old stencil (I left the high resolution one), then made a small scale one for people who don't like to use high res pickup sprites. The silencer and laser unit are painted by hand.
I wanted to make the rear of the slide and frame look as accurate as possible to a typical 1911, with the same shape of the hammer, the firing-pin, the extractor plunger, the beavertail/grip safety.

https://i.imgur.com/NM4eJAy.gif
(I'd embed this directly if I could but whatever)

The way I picture this is as a typical stainless steel build, Novak style ramped rear sight, both front sight and rear sight with illuminating tritium inserts for aiming in low light conditions (should probably be pretty easy to make brightmaps for this thing), the grips wrap around the front, styled to look kind of like Pachmayr ones. In general I went for a Colt Delta Elite look, mixing the classic appearance and the new one, with wraparound grips like the old one, and with a rail on the frame like the new ones. I personally prefer spur hammers on automatic pistols, but I find the ring shaped 'Commander' style hammer looks just right on a Delta Elite.

You could easily use this as a Colt Delta Elite, 10mm Auto and all (of course, this wouldn't be 100% suitable for using a silencer with, but videogames are videogames), but just as well it could be your ordinary .45 Auto, .45 Super, .40 S&W, 9mm Luger, .38 Super, or .357 Sig, etc, whichever you find the most fitting, perhaps you'd even use it as a double stack. I was briefly playing with what kind of markings and grip medallions I'd put on, but decided I could just as well leave that blank and let people add that detail themselves if they want.
I figure perhaps this 1911 has some kind of special barrel bushing with which one could use a silencer which locks in place with a lever (unlike a threaded one, where you might have to tighten it down every now and then).

Use however you see fit, just leave my name in the credits.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I've missed your works.
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.

Post by ChopBlock223 »

I've been very busy. At some point I should probably make a thread for my project.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

remake of an old smg, inspired by the caterpillar (rip) from ye olde aracnocide versions.
credz to capj, gaa1992, mike12, banjo and id software.
Attachments
that thing beneath the rail is a charging handle.
that thing beneath the rail is a charging handle.
EmperorGrieferus

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

I got an idea for little imp sprite improvement.
Who will help me with this?
I have some groundwork.
Ringman

Post by Ringman »

ElectricPulse wrote:
Really well done, i liked it!

Ok, this is the final version of our Spetsnaz-AK (i promise this is the last edit, i know i flooded the entire page with it :lol: ), now being a variant of the AK-74M:

And featuring a drum magazine:

*I used Blood's tommy gun drum on the second sheet, just made some changes. Also used some heavy edits made by vólentiæn.
I love this gun, but its bugging me. Its so dang shiny it looks like it should have a reflection of the doom guys hands on it
lgsp7E3.png
lgsp7E3.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
Zackdoessomething

Post by Zackdoessomething »

ChopBlock223 wrote:Here's one I've been working on for a while, a 1911 pistol.
1911 35.png
Primarily, I based it on the old FreeDoom pistol (do they still use that thing?), which I then basically painted over and reworked, silencer painted by hand, the pickup sprite is painted over an old stencil (I left the high resolution one), then made a small scale one for people who don't like to use high res pickup sprites. The silencer and laser unit are painted by hand.
I wanted to make the rear of the slide and frame look as accurate as possible to a typical 1911, with the same shape of the hammer, the firing-pin, the extractor plunger, the beavertail/grip safety.

https://i.imgur.com/NM4eJAy.gif
(I'd embed this directly if I could but whatever)

The way I picture this is as a typical stainless steel build, Novak style ramped rear sight, both front sight and rear sight with illuminating tritium inserts for aiming in low light conditions (should probably be pretty easy to make brightmaps for this thing), the grips wrap around the front, styled to look kind of like Pachmayr ones. In general I went for a Colt Delta Elite look, mixing the classic appearance and the new one, with wraparound grips like the old one, and with a rail on the frame like the new ones. I personally prefer spur hammers on automatic pistols, but I find the ring shaped 'Commander' style hammer looks just right on a Delta Elite.

You could easily use this as a Colt Delta Elite, 10mm Auto and all (of course, this wouldn't be 100% suitable for using a silencer with, but videogames are videogames), but just as well it could be your ordinary .45 Auto, .45 Super, .40 S&W, 9mm Luger, .38 Super, or .357 Sig, etc, whichever you find the most fitting, perhaps you'd even use it as a double stack. I was briefly playing with what kind of markings and grip medallions I'd put on, but decided I could just as well leave that blank and let people add that detail themselves if they want.
I figure perhaps this 1911 has some kind of special barrel bushing with which one could use a silencer which locks in place with a lever (unlike a threaded one, where you might have to tighten it down every now and then).

Use however you see fit, just leave my name in the credits.
Holy fucking shit. that looks so amazing.
EDIT: the quote somehow broke the image in the reply lol but still, that's amazing as hell, can i use it?
ChopBlock223

Post by ChopBlock223 »

Of course, the sprites I post here are free for anyone to use. Just leave my name (as well as iD Software, 3DRealms, and the FreeDoom team) in the credits.
Stopsignal

Post by Stopsignal »

Image Image Image

Pigman hudface in progress!
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Piggsy Doom mod when?

Return to “General”