[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Cherno

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Cherno »

I think it would be easier to take a 3d models of a G36C or whatever, and model the additional pieces onto it, and then render it. That's how I would do it, anyway.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Cherno wrote:I think it would be easier to take a 3d models of a G36C or whatever, and model the additional pieces onto it, and then render it. That's how I would do it, anyway.
That's surely a way to go, but it's not that hard to do some photoshop magic using those resources as base. Here's a small, rough-on-the edges concept done in 30 minutes. There's a lot more to improve, but hey, that's what concepts are. :wink:

Doom Movie Rifle first try

EDIT - In order to avoid double posting, i'm updating this post here. I did what i could about the Doom movie rifle. I think the results are better than what it used to be, but there are some inconsistency between the idle and the reload frame. Maybe someone else can take it from here, as fun as it was to play around with those sprites earlier today, i'm done with them. I'm now working on a Glock 18. Basic frames are done, i'll start with the optional ADS frames right now. I hope you enjoy.

Reaper's Rifle. Credits to ElectricPulse, VriskaSerket and Ninlhil (for the parts i used from his UAC Carbine)

Glock 18 from CoD MW3, basic frames. Credits goes to Infinity Ward.
Last edited by jdredalert on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:Ruiner mugshot
Did you seriously watermark this after your ripping-from-Ion-Maiden-screenshots debacle?
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

jdredalert wrote:
Cherno wrote:I think it would be easier to take a 3d models of a G36C or whatever, and model the additional pieces onto it, and then render it. That's how I would do it, anyway.
That's surely a way to go, but it's not that hard to do some photoshop magic using those resources as base. Here's a small, rough-on-the edges concept done in 30 minutes. There's a lot more to improve, but hey, that's what concepts are. :wink:

Doom Movie Rifle first try

EDIT - In order to avoid double posting, i'm updating this post here. I did what i could about the Doom movie rifle. I think the results are better than what it used to be, but there are some inconsistency between the idle and the reload frame. Maybe someone else can take it from here, as fun as it was to play around with those sprites earlier today, i'm done with them. I'm now working on a Glock 18. Basic frames are done, i'll start with the optional ADS frames right now. I hope you enjoy.

Reaper's Rifle. Credit to ElectricPulse, VriskaSerket and Ninlhil (for the parts i used from his UAC Carbine

Glock 18 from CoD MW3, basic frames. Credits goes to Infinity Ward.
Oh man, that is f*cking amazing!
PersonalComp234

Post by PersonalComp234 »

dasjfncsi.png
Used a lighter gradient and made some extra frames, looking pretty good.
The last frame is pretty much a placeholder, i'll work that out.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Kinsie wrote:
Mr.Enchanter wrote:Ruiner mugshot
Did you seriously watermark this after your ripping-from-Ion-Maiden-screenshots debacle?
Uhh yes? I made that mistake long ago and I understand why it was a problem, It's not difficult to fill in the dots for someone that knows what they are doing, this is to prevent sprite shitposters from using while Im still working on it and with the rise of lazy screenrips and whatnot I felt it appropriate at least until done. Someone that can fill in the spots and actually do something with It Is welcome to do so but I'd rather not have It thrown into a brutal doom mugshot mutator before it's done.

Purely brutal doom fan drm

Im also trying to set a trend with sharing if people dont want it used but want to show it off.

Also the non watermark version is on Discord so this is just to filter out general public as well.

This is potentially for a community project as well so it'll be communal once that's decided.
Last edited by Mr.Enchanter on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

jdredalert wrote:Doom rifle stuff
Now that looks nice, detailed and stuff. But that angled one still looks blurred tho, i would like to see some of more improvements!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Captain J wrote:
jdredalert wrote:Doom rifle stuff
Now that looks nice, detailed and stuff. But that angled one still looks blurred tho, i would like to see some of more improvements!
Thanks Cap. The angled one i thought it was a lost cause, because the source material was in really bad shape. Maybe someone can improve it a lil bit more in the future? I would like to see that.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ripping through one of my favorite childhood games, Ace Combat 2, i found these ranking medals and maybe this could look useful:

ElectricPulse

Post by ElectricPulse »

New idle and firing frames:

And what about the chainsaw?

BIG UPDATE --> Finished the Chainsaw and ripped the SMG from the Cover Art:

jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I wonder how are we going to animate that chainsaw :lol:

And the third frame of the P90, is that supposed to be the reload frame? Keep in mind that the whole magazine must be detached in order to reload it.
ElectricPulse

Post by ElectricPulse »

Nah, it's just supposed to be an empty magazine :S
Last edited by ElectricPulse on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Oh, i see. Well, in this case, try to keep the red tone on it, while trying to make it look empty on the inside. The P90 magazine is a basically a transparent case made of plastic/polymer/whatever the hell the material is.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

How people do this is just phenomenal.
ElectricPulse

Post by ElectricPulse »

jdredalert wrote:Oh, i see. Well, in this case, try to keep the red tone on it, while trying to make it look empty on the inside. The P90 magazine is a basically a transparent case made of plastic/polymer/whatever the hell the material is.
Thanks for the tip, bro :)

Return to “General”