[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
lizardcommando

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by lizardcommando »

LkMax wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Strong Metal-Slug influence can be noticed.
Now a Metal Slug style mod with vehicles and a lot of explosions would be awesome.
Uh... *Ahem*. There is already is a mod where you can drive the Metal Slug tank. ...sort of. (skip to the 1:05 mark to see what I mean)

Springy wrote:
BlueFireZ88 wrote:I remember that Action Doom had some stuff like that.
Yep right before the first boss fight with the contra wall, it was heavily influenced by metal slug and contra (explosion sprites for example reminiscent of metal slug, or were they ripped?) and I think the theme "Streets" is a metal slug song originally.
That song is from the first mission in the first Metal Slug game.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

Yes, Action doom was similar to Metal Slug in some aspects, but without vehicles.
lizardcommando wrote: Uh... *Ahem*. There is already is a mod where you can drive the Metal Slug tank. ...sort of. (skip to the 1:05 mark to see what I mean)
Nice find, this looks pretty interesting, but some more polishing like shade/details on the sprites and cam shaking when firing the cannon would be welcome. Feature-wise it looks good.
-EDIT- Oh, by your nick I suppose you're the creator of the mod? Is it in "WIP" or "Done" status?
Last edited by LkMax on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

There is also that "mammoth tank" mod, that is cool too. I also vaguely remember a mod with a "tesla coil" in a tank chassis. Enjay's Operation Overlord also have some nice tanks.
But we rly need more tanks in Doom.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Image

Trying to make a heavy tank. I'm still going to add a machinegun on it's top.
Strong Metal-Slug influence can be noticed.
This is awsome. My only two complaints are that it seems a little too tall, I mean, looks like it could fall backwards when shooting with the main weapon (I mean, like it's "equilibrium point" (not sure if it is said this way in English) looks too tall), but I guess the tank could also be so heavy that it is not a problem; the other thing is that DN icon in its back. The tank have a badass looking, but that icon looks somehow silly in it.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

LkMax wrote:Yes, Action doom was similar to Metal Slug in some aspects, but without vehicles.
lizardcommando wrote: Uh... *Ahem*. There is already is a mod where you can drive the Metal Slug tank. ...sort of. (skip to the 1:05 mark to see what I mean)
Nice find, this looks pretty interesting, but some more polishing like shade/details on the sprites and cam shaking when firing the cannon would be welcome. Feature-wise it looks good.
-EDIT- Oh, by your nick I suppose you're the creator of the mod? Is it in "WIP" or "Done" status?
Yes, I created the mod. It's pretty much done for now.
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

This
this.PNG
this.PNG (30.33 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Uboa wrote:On the idea of Enjay's Doom Gangnam Style idea, I made use of my free time. Here, take a GIF.

hey im korean!
i found this for good :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

lizardcommando wrote:
LkMax wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Strong Metal-Slug influence can be noticed.
Now a Metal Slug style mod with vehicles and a lot of explosions would be awesome.
Uh... *Ahem*. There is already is a mod where you can drive the Metal Slug tank. ...sort of. (skip to the 1:05 mark to see what I mean)

Springy wrote:
BlueFireZ88 wrote:I remember that Action Doom had some stuff like that.
Yep right before the first boss fight with the contra wall, it was heavily influenced by metal slug and contra (explosion sprites for example reminiscent of metal slug, or were they ripped?) and I think the theme "Streets" is a metal slug song originally.
That song is from the first mission in the first Metal Slug game.
i played this wad.
and that was lovely.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Attempt at new gib death for the pinky.
Raymond-L-god

Post by Raymond-L-god »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Image
It has got potential. Looks pretty good, but maybe the blood that bursts during the animation could be better...
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Trying to make a heavy tank. I'm still going to add a machinegun on it's top.
Strong Metal-Slug influence can be noticed.
Can't you just put the mgs on the side? Makes it look better than having a tank with an oversized head have an mg on top. It would look weird.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it needs more blood and meat bursting out from the face/middle part. right now it seems like a huge chunk of his body is being vaporized away in the third frame. also, some parts look like they just disappear from the body, particularly the right eye globe, and the gib pieces themselves look pretty static, like how the left arm falls in the exact same position and then magically gets bloody. it's a good start, though. i like how the golden eye globe pops out of it (cacodemons aren't the only one with shiny eyes to tear out, you know!).
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Great stuff, but the falling eye should just be changed to look like blood, looks kind of cheesy. I'd also add more gore to it like Princess Maelstrom said.

UPDATED POST:

Here, not a sprite, but this is the only place I know of to post something like this..

My attempt at making the unused Doom II cover art into a TITLEPIC.
TITLEPICII.png
TITLEPICII.png (27.87 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Cool, though it is too stretched horizontally. :?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Don't forget it'll be stretched vertically in-game. It looks good enough once it's stretched to 320x240.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

If the original image size of the titlepic is 320x200, doesn't the replacement have to be the same size in order to work?

Return to “General”