[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Jarewill

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Jarewill »

vólentiæn wrote:fox face sprites
Now those would certainly come in use with my project. :D
Can they be slightly edited and used? All credits will be given of course.
Canned Yams

Post by Canned Yams »

bruhbruhbruhbruh
Attachments
bruh moment
bruh moment
sludgegunfire.gif (82.65 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

Jarewill wrote:
vólentiæn wrote:fox face sprites
Now those would certainly come in use with my project. :D
Can they be slightly edited and used? All credits will be given of course.
sure as long as you edit it to fit your character and give credit. they were the animorphs gameboy fox face but edited to hell so its pretty much like 1% the original sprite
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

vólentiæn wrote:sure as long as you edit it to fit your character and give credit. they were the animorphs gameboy fox face but edited to hell so its pretty much like 1% the original sprite
Thank you, I'll make sure to give proper credits to you and the gameboy game.
I was even considering not including a mugshot before I saw your post, so thank you for it. :D
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Adding exaggerated high caliber muzzlebrake style flash to a M16 for dramatic effect :P
Could look cool though when written as a randomized overlay at 0.6 - 0.8 alpha in decorate.
M16_firing.gif
M16_firing.gif (60.73 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
(Doom paletted)
Last edited by willkuer on Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks absolutely realistic and dynamic. I love the muzzle flash when it shows more shape than just wedge and circle!
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Looks more like the muzzleflash from a AK-74 though :?: With the M16's birdcage or three-pronged-fork flashhider, the flashes would go in other directions.
The gun could have any kind of custom flashhider, of course.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Cherno wrote:Looks more like the muzzleflash from a AK-74 though :?: With the M16's birdcage or three-pronged-fork flashhider, the flashes would go in other directions.
The gun could have any kind of custom flashhider, of course.
True, though this looks more like some .50 muzzle brake to me :D Either way, it's action movie aesthetic ^^

Does the M16A3/4 still have the old A1 open flashhider (I only know images)? The Steyr AUG A2 was the only weapon I ever had to train with during service (fortunately, since I don't really like being near real firearms if I don't have to ^^), which had a 3 or 4 way brake if I recall correctly. This was mainly for muzzle rise compensation and to fix the blank adapter though I guess.

In reality, I only ever saw a muzzleflash once during a night time shooting exercise, never in daylight :D
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

It really comes down to what kind of ammunition you are using and muzzle device. Just from looking at it, to me, it looks like a 5.45 maybe even a 7.62x39 effect from a AK-103 which has the 74 style compensator. Corrosive ammo (Which degrades the bore significantly more) tends to be brighter, usaully it has a more red'er flame, due to the corrosive compounds used within the bullet. It really just comes down to how bright the flash itself is and the time of the day. Obviously it will be much more visible during nightime. If you are seeing the flash during a bright sunny day, its usaully just the compound that is used and or the bullet you are firing. Also, the bigger the round, the more you'll see it during the day, but again, everything comes into play. I have owned Multiple AK's, they are alot of fun.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I was not talking about the size of the blast but rather the direction. IIRC, the original M16 had a three-pronged flashhider, the A1 had a birdcage with six slots, and the A2 and later models had one with five, omitting the bottom one, supposedly to prevent dirt right underneath the sight line from being kicked up from the muzzle blast.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Makes sense, that the color and intensity of the flash also depends on the projectile and the explosive compounds. I bet shooting them AKs on the range is fun. The shooting training was actually the most "fun" part during service :P and I wasn't half-bad either ^^

@Cherno: More like this? :D (probably needs some spacing from the muzzle itself)
M16_flash.png
M16_flash.png (10 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

willkuer wrote:I bet shooting them AKs on the range is fun...
It is very fun. Ak47 and ak74 both. Both felt extremely comfortable and decently accurate and balanced out to a moderate range. Safety/ selector is ass-backwards but not a deal breaker. Don't bother with the folding stock variant though, it's garbage and will leave a weird bruise on your shoulder and upper bicep.

On the subject of muzzle flash, it looks really cool- reminds me of the classic approach. I would add a little high lighting of white to yellow on the very base of the flames though, since it's not quite emphasising the heat at the moment, and looks too uniform.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

If you are going for an exagerrated action movie-style muzzle blast, by all mean make it as large and as colorful as you want. A more realistic one, at least at nighttime, would be a more uniform, feathered flash effect coming from each flashhider hole. I believe there are dozens of videos showing the effect; one that comes to mine id the old and semi-obscure Spec Ops: Army Rangers title.
Canned Yams

Post by Canned Yams »

heres a very very very very lazily done half life zombie
probably wont do a whole sheet but idk
probably wont do a whole sheet but idk
hlzombie.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
ive just been playing a lot of half life 2 lately
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

The star-shaped muzzle flash there would be much more consistent with a birdcage hider as seen with birdcage flash hiders. Muzzle flashes are fun.

Return to “General”