[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
TheRailgunner

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TheRailgunner »

willkuer wrote:Some random rips from the cutting room floor... well maybe I'll use them sometime. Still, if someone wants to add hands, lighting, muzzleflash, animate, whatever, knock yourself out ;)
random_guns.png
So, I messed around with the last one, and came up with something (original on left for reference):

ImageImage

It reminded me of the Sturmman M97 automatic shotgun from my mods, so I decided to treat it like one - would be nice if there was an ADS frame for that gun, though...that said, it's probably worth noting the M97 is bullpup, while this doesn't seem to be, so I'll have to explain that away or come up with a model variant. All I really did was give it some extra shading and such and make the bullets red, if we're being honest here.

I'm also trying to improve the lighting and such on my muzzleflash frames in general; hopefully this represents significant progress towards that goal.
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

fox guy
Attachments
vex 1.png
vex 1.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

vólentiæn wrote:
fox guy
Not bad. If you want some inspiration for the mugshot, here's a link :

https://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments ... ssic_doom/
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Y'all want some UAC Bottled Water???

Actual Sprite

From the purest of Springwater aquifer waterfalls in the Amazonian Mt. Fuji Himalayas, you'll feel pure bliss, excitement, ecstasy, comedy and psychosis in ever sip, all for a low price of $50
Disclaimer: Water actually sourced from Flint Municipal Supply, The UAC is not responsible for either you being ripped off, or psychosis. Enjoy.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

XLightningStormL wrote: Disclaimer: Water actually sourced from Flint Municipal Supply, The UAC is not responsible for either you being ripped off, or psychosis. Enjoy.
oof 100

BTW what about the water on Mars? The UAC for all I know could have tapped it, distilled it and poured it into those tiny blue bottles all over the facilities. :wink:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm more concerned that the UAC are using single-use plastic bottles. Don't they care about the future of the planet? Owait! ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey, at least UAC knows how to Recycle Water Bottles. Both Water and the Bottles... At the same time.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

an attempt at a 'slumped' corpse of a shotgunguy.
br96a0.png
br96a0.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
think of the sitting corpses with rotations from kdizd or brutaldoom but intended as just a single frame. (its an ocd with me. dead things should be one single frame and not have rotations imho, but whatever...)
the intent of the image is to show his left leg slumped under his ass, his right leg outstretched and his torso kinda flopped over his legs, his head hung low... I feel this looks less like the odd 'doll-sitting-in-the-corner' sprites with the rotations...

I might yet do the zombieman and chaingunner too. but as yet undecided.

c&c welcome and alterations to improve are even more so! ;)
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

Working on my own small contributions to the Wolfenstein/WWII crowd.

Borrowed the Double hands from Chopblock223 a few pages back.
Attachments
P08 2.gif
P08 2.gif (24.67 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Now that's a fine Luger!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That Luger have finally escaped from the Vanilla-Vibe Realm. Really loving the Shade and that Casing sprite looks promising.
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

https://i.imgur.com/nCvzkGD.gif
I made a double-action revolver, anyone who wants to use it as is, or use it as a base for something, feel free.

It's double-action/single-action, with a 4" barrel, stainless steel finish, probably .357 Magnum, bit of a combination of a Ruger Redhawk (rear of the frame, hammer, recoil shield, cylinder release), and a Smith & Wesson Model 66 'Combat Magnum' (underlug, ejector rod, sights). Doesn't have a rib along the top of the barrel, which stylistically would be a bit more like an old 'Victory' Model.
The frame would be an investment casting I figure, with some other parts forged or machined from barstock, and a coil-spring for a mainspring.
The grips are styled to look like an old pair of synthetic Pachmayr 'Presentation Grips'
Id Software, Lobotomy Software, 3DRealms, Mike12, Me
Id Software, Lobotomy Software, 3DRealms, Mike12, Me
I made an animation for the double-action, but not for the single-action, because I can't be arsed and I can't find any Doomguy hand graphics I find suitable. Feel free to work something out on your own.
The double-action shooting animations I would say looks the best if you use the same frames and offsets as in my demonstration .gif, animating at 1 tic per frame.

The reload frames are *quite* crude, and I would not recommend showing them very much or show more of them than I do in the couple of demonstration frames showing the ejection, there's really no thumb to hit the cylinder release, the resolution was too small to properly draw the face of the cylinder with the extractor star (nor its ratchet), much less fully depicting extraction. The cartridges/casings look awkward at this resolution.
Includes a small pickup sprite, and a large one for someone who wants it.

Thanks to Lobotomy Software for the original revolver, Id Software for the hands, Mike12 for the edit I based it on, and 3DRealms for the muzzleflashes.
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Sort of, not really Retrofuturistic M1014, sort of a hybrid action wise of the Auto-5, and M1014.

Credits: potetobloke, ChopBlock223, GAA1992, Amuscaria/Eriance and Flammable4444

Now all (still) I need is good reload sprites :(
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

XLightningStormL wrote:Sort of, not really Retrofuturistic M1014, sort of a hybrid action wise of the Auto-5, and M1014.

Credits: potetobloke, ChopBlock223, GAA1992, Amuscaria/Eriance and Flammable4444

Now all (still) I need is good reload sprites :(
The right hand looks tiny in comparison to the left.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Enjay wrote:I'm more concerned that the UAC are using single-use plastic bottles. Don't they care about the future of the planet? Owait! ;)
It's not actually plastic, it's a plastic-like substance created by thermoforming demon cuticles.

Return to “General”