[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
doomjedi

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by doomjedi »

New color range is better.

Made a few more frames so far, but a bit struggling with this skin TBH, as making 2 separate weapons/weapon animations across rotations (and make them look/animate well) is hell of a job (including the need to recreate the torso). Especially as the gun hand needs pose tweaking.
Not to mention the future need for 2 attacks - melee and gun.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Kagur wrote:3d model rip of Corvus' arm holstering the Dhurnwood staff the from Heretic 2:

this heretic2 staff with hand touchup to remove the squareness of 3dmodel will be looking great
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Endie »

A W.I.P player skin for Hellrider
(upscaled for better visualization)
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Aw dude sweet, I like her. I don't know if you played that indie fighter Absolver ever but she kinda reminds of the female characters from that game, just with a gun. Idk what direction you will take your current mod but if you ever go for a space pirate-y/combo melee attack in that I'm all for it lol.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

doomjedi wrote:Made a few more frames so far, but a bit struggling with this skin TBH, as making 2 separate weapons/weapon animations across rotations (and make them look/animate well) is hell of a job (including the need to recreate the torso). Especially as the gun hand needs pose tweaking.
Not to mention the future need for 2 attacks - melee and gun.
If you want to create a SWAT officer.
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

Pickup sprite for a Winchester 1897, the 'Trenchgun' variant, as seen in the first world war, originally designed (as the 1893) by fabled John Moses Browning, as one of the earliest successful pump-action shotguns.
Did this on request and as an excuse to get back into the creative habit, I scaled down a stock photo and stenciled over it, then painted it in, and then did lots of post processing. Feel free to use, just leave my name in the credits somewhere. Truecolor and relatively large.
trenchie09.png
trenchie09.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Doesn't have the bayonet, but that shouldn't be that troublesome to add. If you've ever looked at the 1897 Winchester, the receiver looks a bit awkward (yet also elegant), it's in fact very short for a pump-action shotgun, part of it is because it doesn't house the bolt and its entire travel like on more modern designs, when you rack the action back, the bolt comes out the back of the receiver (which is fine, unless you have an unusually high grip on the stock), and the shell elevator tilts out the bottom. When used in WW1 and WW2, these guns were issued with fully brass cased shells, presumably to avoid the problem paper hulled shells would face in trenchwar hell, the lead buckshot was also hardened for better penetration.
A cool feature of the 1897 is that the trigger doesn't disconnect after the hammer drops, so you can hold the trigger down and then cycle the pump back and forth to fire the gun very rapidly, so called 'slam-firing'.
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

I did my little color tweaking on those mechanic/engineer zombie sprites because that's how I roll.
These are some real good sprites though, damn fine work.
Attachments
it's-a me! whackio!
it's-a me! whackio!
zombie mechanix.png (9.64 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
middlefingerman

Post by middlefingerman »

Two muzzle flashes from the DooM TITLEPIC that are modified to work with weapons:
[EDIT] Added Another Flash
Attachments
flash3.png
flash3.png (4.01 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
flash2.png
flash2.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
flash.png
flash.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
Last edited by middlefingerman on Sat May 30, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

VriskaSerket wrote:I did my little color tweaking on those mechanic/engineer zombie sprites because that's how I roll.
Mario and Luigi, at your plumbing service! :geek:

Anyway i dig those colors. It's now less-flamboyant than average doom palette.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

VriskaSerket wrote:I did my little color tweaking on those mechanic/engineer zombie sprites because that's how I roll.
Thanks for the compliments :)

Hope I"ll have patience to finish the policeman as well.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

recoloured heretic's volcano to doom colours and there's two new lavarocks made from super metroid asteroid sprites recoloured to doom's lava colours (I tried to make these look lit from below as if lit by the surface of the lava just like doom's 'floating skull' object...)
Spoiler:
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Just Fran wrote: Image
It indeed looks marvelous.

I play some other games too where i can customise the character.
I made a Doom marine.
Anyways, and in the game you can create your 'nemesis', so i created Cyberdemon... as far as it was possible bytheway.
Attachments
Cyber_Champions_TransParant.png
Cyber_Champions_TransParant.png (57.84 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

If the Time bomb of the ancients was an FPS weapon instead of an item artifact in Heretic.
Attachments
3d model Rip
3d model Rip
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

UnTrustable wrote:I play some other games too where i can customise the character.
I made a Doom marine.
Anyways, and in the game you can create your 'nemesis', so i created Cyberdemon... as far as it was possible bytheway.
I'm curious about what game it is, it looks neat
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Dinosaurs combat ;)

p.s.
I dont know where is here "random pictures" forum, admins feel free to relocate this post.

Return to “General”