[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

Blox wrote:but kicking down an imp with its guts spilled and various other horrible ways to go - are completely a-ok.
well... at least that creature is from hell. so that's why imps calling demon. also and they are muscular then dogs or chimp and bigger then them, and imps killed lot's of uac soldiers you can imagine. most improtant, they are tottaly not friendly with humans. and does looks like a evil themed.

so, does anyone got a prove me about imps can be friendly with human? lil' picture with pet imp should be help, or young ones.
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I actually find that very offensive. I would have reported the post but I don't see that effort amounting to anything so I will just express my opinion here.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

GuardMutant.PNG
GuardMutant.PNG (3.28 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Here's an attempt to make an alternate guard death mimicing the mutant death.
Can we stop talking about hitting the puppy before this turns into some thread derailing moral debate? I'm pretty sure we all agree animal abuse is bad.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:I'm pretty sure we all agree animal abuse is bad.
Certainly, and who says it's not a possessed dog? I mean it's okay to completely obliterate possessed humans, so why would it be bad if instead of humans it was dogs then? :p
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Aren't we forgetting that dogs can be trained to kill? Such as the dog in that image?

If a dog is coming at me with the express purpose of tearing my throat out, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening. If I have to resort to beating it over the head repeatedly with a shovel, so be it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

yup, beside that shepherd's origin was used to be a nazi's trained dog anyway. and rottweiler could be really worse to happen.
savageous dogs that tried to kill somebody is deserves get killed, i mean it's self defence afterall. normally innocent dogs don't do anything like this. we love normal dogs, not the blood thirsty ones or mental disease one like that sprite what is going on.

god my head is full of REELism dogs now. that was sick and unfair play...also too many of them tried to kill me!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Blox wrote:I like how you guys get moved by Doomguy bashing a dog's skull in, but kicking down an imp with its guts spilled and various other horrible ways to go - are completely a-ok. :yup:

Because Imps are Demons that don't exist while Dogs do and are animals.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

If the dogs are zombies, does killing 'em still count?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Funny how the default position in this community is that when some politician or whatever says "video games are murder simulators, make people behave more violently and cause school shootings" we get all pissy, say how ridiculous such comments are and we go on about how people know the difference between game violence and the real-world violence. However, make a sprite of a space marine hitting a cartoony-looking German shepherd and we go all Jack Thompson ourselves. :roll:
That sprite has always looked more like a Doberman to me. There is a chunkier, more rottweiler-looking sprite in existence but it looks a bit puppy-like to be scary.

I really like that alternative death for the Wolfenstein soldier.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Enjay wrote:aaaanyway, I really like that alternative death for the Wolfenstein soldier.
wow we finally got back on topic!
me too I will definitely use this! I'd love to see some more alt-deaths for wolf3d and sod, might have to play around with some ideas myself...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

As a moderator I'm not really sure what to do about this; on the one hand, a "fatality"-style death involving a dog and a shovel isn't exactly cool, but on the other, well, ww-nazis does include both dogs and shovels...

I'm honestly not going to do anything about it, just as long as you guys agree to never, ever do something like that to a real dog with a real shovel. Alright?
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
The attachment GuardMutant.PNG is no longer available
PLEASE make him dying like the SS and Officer too!
I think frame 2 needs more work done, the rest are pretty good already, but some extra blood will probably be needed since there's no gun in this man's chest
I think frame 2 needs more work done, the rest are pretty good already, but some extra blood will probably be needed since there's no gun in this man's chest
GuardMutant.PNG (5.21 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Blox wrote:I like how you guys get moved by Doomguy bashing a dog's skull in, but kicking down an imp with its guts spilled and various other horrible ways to go - are completely a-ok. :yup:
That was my point.

Return to “General”