[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
YukesVonFaust

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:Once upon a time Sgt. Shivers made one of the very very few Nambu pistols ever around, but i found them very out of scale (in my opinion; i've never ever saw one in my life).

So i tried my hands at something when looking at videos on youtube: Left is Shivers, Right is mine, and i've added some powerslave hands to it. Credits to the man, then.

If i am wrong, i can at least call it a baby Nambu.

EDIT: Have this next creation of the night:

A simplistic rifle. Mike12 and Edward Marlus.
These sprites look marvelous as always!

(also does the nambu have a recoil frame)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

No, the Nambu doesn't.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

More screens of PBR textures:
Spoiler:
Used E1M1 GL Light version.
But what's sad - PBR works only with dynamic lights and on the usual E1M1 this dont look so good.
Last edited by REXMaster on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Anim created by me:
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif (60.97 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Anim from doom2016 (without IK):
Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif
Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif (59.75 KiB) Viewed 947 times
simploo
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by simploo »

Been awhile since I posted something, here's a small taste of what I've been working on lately, Thoughts?

REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

simploo wrote:Been awhile since I posted something, here's a small taste of what I've been working on lately, Thoughts?
Why he look up?
simploo

Post by simploo »

REXMaster wrote:
simploo wrote:Been awhile since I posted something, here's a small taste of what I've been working on lately, Thoughts?
Why he look up?
The Cacodemon in DOOM 2016 kind of lifts himself up/backwards before he launches his projectiles.
Take a close look @ 25 seconds and onwards and you'll see it.

REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

simploo wrote:
REXMaster wrote:
Why he look up?
The Cacodemon in DOOM 2016 kind of lifts himself up/backwards before he launches his projectiles.
Take a close look @ 25 seconds and onwards and you'll see it.

But there he turn around 20-30 degrees and your almost preparing to do a back flip.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

You can view a good chunk of the Cacodemon's animations in this animation reel.
simploo

Post by simploo »

Kinsie wrote:You can view a good chunk of the Cacodemon's animations in this animation reel.
You have no idea how much you've helped me with just two posts, thank you, lmao.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Just finished pinky`s IK.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

simploo wrote:
Kinsie wrote:You can view a good chunk of the Cacodemon's animations in this animation reel.
You have no idea how much you've helped me with just two posts, thank you, lmao.
REXMaster would also do well to check out this one, which shows several versions of the Possessed's arm swing in crisp, clear Maya-o-vision.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Kinsie wrote:
simploo wrote:
REXMaster would also do well to check out this one, which shows several versions of the Possessed's arm swing in crisp, clear Maya-o-vision.
And why should I do this if I'm now will using animations from Doom2016:

Pinky`s pain frame (Doom2016 anim)
Webp.net-gifmaker (2).gif
Webp.net-gifmaker (2).gif (63.91 KiB) Viewed 715 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

These Doom 2016 conversions are coming along very nicely. The Caco looks great. The caco is nice and horrible in the actual game too. I think they did a nice job of that design and implementation (strange how they all have one slightly withered hand - the same hand - though :lol: ). Pinky is good too. Imps are horribly creepy and a nice combination of cues from the original with behaviour from Doom 3. The archvile is... well, vile and quite Pan's Labyrinth (and similar designs) in style. I personally think that the monster design in the most recent game was far better than in Doom3. I said at the time that the Doom3 aesthetic (not technology) was going to look very dated and a product of its time with the style that they went for. Sure enough, it does (IMO anyway). I think, perhaps, going for something that is more of its own style (and more faithful to the 1993... stuff) will make the style less tied to a particular era. They obviously liked the D3 Hell knight though - and I'm OK with that.

In saying that, there were some 2016 enemies that I thought could have been better. The possessed are OK I guess but quite removed from the basically human and still quite soldier-like concept of 1993 and zsec (unless I've missed some - I haven't actually played because Steam). The mancubus... not sure about his face. But the cyberdemon, I just found a bit underwhelming. Where is the towering colossus of muscle and steel? He seems to be a tough fight (yay annoying rocks from the ground) but he's too short (IMO) and just doesn't exude the power and presence of the 1993 or even the 2004 version IMO. He's more like a tough baron than our old friend the cybie. Not sure about the moose-like horns either. :P

Anyway, I'm getting a bit off the topic of sprites so I'll stop.
REXMaster

Post by REXMaster »

Posessed engineer idle:
Webp.net-gifmaker (5).gif
Webp.net-gifmaker (5).gif (60.37 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Run:
Webp.net-gifmaker (6).gif
Webp.net-gifmaker (6).gif (53.67 KiB) Viewed 617 times

Return to “General”