[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Cardboard Marty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:36 pm

RobotJoe wrote:first time doing this stuff, friend said i should post here.

Image Image Image Image

an imp replacement or something im working on

also new here, helloo!

Fantastic stuff! Glad to see a new user with such artistic talent!
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"
 
Joined: 23 Oct 2004
Location: Blue Vertigo HQ
Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby RobotJoe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:07 pm

thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)
RobotJoe
 
Joined: 14 Oct 2015

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby torridgristle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:12 pm

RobotJoe wrote:thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)

Yeah, there's a palette full of red, pale red, brown, pale brown, yellow, orange, green, and dark blue. Also everything is stretched vertically to 120%.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Palette
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio
User avatar
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2013

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 pm

It will show up in the palette you have now. I think the face would look nice on an imp.
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby xenoxols » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

RobotJoe wrote:thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)


If you are using GZDoom, then don't worry about the palette.
User avatar
xenoxols
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Location: Americopolis

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Hekmatyar wrote:I love the interaction I'm having so far with my frankensprites.

Thanks a lot for the fun replies, fellas!


To thank you, I just made another one! Unmasked Samus! Original sprite created by Sgt. Shivers. Samus head drawn from scratch (with your regular illucia face as a resource. Not recolored!)


Spoiler: Pew Pew


I could link you the whole sprite sheet for the Samus sprites if you want. :D
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TiberiumSoul » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 am

hacked this together using the ironblast shotgun pickup sprite

D3SPX0.png


This is the Jericho Arms. D666-A "Malefactor" 10ga Shotgun that will be present in my TSP character Addon Ryan Wolfe's Arsenal of 6 weapons and in sorry to say they will most likely be made unique to him by using the Hexen "Weapon.ForbiddenTo" Flag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals
 
Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Location: My Computer...
Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Master of Disasters » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:27 am

Not to be a bump on the road, but does anyone have any idea as to where this thing is from?
Image
User avatar
Master of Disasters
Oh god what have I done?
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2013
Location: Probably on a chair.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TheLightBad96 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:34 am

TiberiumSoul wrote:hacked this together using the ironblast shotgun pickup sprite

D3SPX0.png


This is the Jericho Arms. D666-A "Malefactor" 10ga Shotgun that will be present in my TSP character Addon Ryan Wolfe's Arsenal of 6 weapons and in sorry to say they will most likely be made unique to him by using the Hexen "Weapon.ForbiddenTo" Flag


Making addons for TSP is a thing. Holy crap this should be good And is the shotgun a quad-barrelled Pump action or is it just a Double Barreled Pump Action?
User avatar
TheLightBad96
 
Joined: 08 May 2012
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.
Discord: Light/Crimson#4097

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Cage » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:18 am

Master of Disasters wrote:Not to be a bump on the road, but does anyone have any idea as to where this thing is from?
Image



WGR 2
User avatar
Cage
A trash bag full of empty coke bottles
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Location: San Escobar
Discord: Cage#9861

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Hekmatyar » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:51 am

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Hekmatyar wrote:I love the interaction I'm having so far with my frankensprites.

Thanks a lot for the fun replies, fellas!


To thank you, I just made another one! Unmasked Samus! Original sprite created by Sgt. Shivers. Samus head drawn from scratch (with your regular illucia face as a resource. Not recolored!)


Spoiler: Pew Pew


I could link you the whole sprite sheet for the Samus sprites if you want. :D


Holy shiet, it's Sgt. Shivers. I already got the full set though. Metroid Dreadnought is one of the things I no-life on offline, so. Got dem sprites :3:
Are you perhaps interested in a full set?
User avatar
Hekmatyar
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2014

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Pandut » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:21 pm

RobotJoe wrote:first time doing this stuff, friend said i should post here.

Image Image Image Image

an imp replacement or something im working on

also new here, helloo!

Eeeeey! Saw this on tumblr and it's all sorts of awesome :D. Glad to see you around here, RobotJoe :).
User avatar
Pandut
help
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Location: existential dread

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby TiberiumSoul » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Guys, out of respect. Due to a note a failed to notice its very likely I wont be using the sprite at all.
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals
 
Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Location: My Computer...
Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm

on my case, i am working on a stormtrooper variants, this one is an Assault Blaster Rifle Stormtrooper. the head however, it was from dark forces. looks good to me.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThrashfanBert1994
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2015

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Hekmatyar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:40 pm

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:on my case, i am working on a stormtrooper variants, this one is an Assault Blaster Rifle Stormtrooper. the head however, it was from dark forces. looks good to me.
:D


Star Wars VII hype intensifies :shock:
User avatar
Hekmatyar
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2014

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests