[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Lagi

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Lagi »

woo thats great. I think they would fit great into HD.
I was interesting only in shooting them down as skin replacement for trooper and sergant :D
BigDaveHadSomeToo
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by BigDaveHadSomeToo »

I made some more stuff, sorry.

Doom 64 inspired 'unified' ammo pickups (and armour shard), trans pride keys and armour.

The keys didn't end up looking great ingame (the lighter colours all tend to look white at a distance, and the pink really does not work in the doom palette), the rocket box I'm particularly happy with, though.

Even more armour.

The orange armour is light armour (50 points, based on the one from Heartland), the yellow is intermediate (150 points), and the red is a heavier (300 points, both inspired by Quake). I did a blue version of the red, because people will probably find that more useful, then did an even heavier version in red, to be used alongside the blue version of the red version. I'm not doing that in blue, because then I'd need to make a supersuperheavy armour suit in red, and down that road lies only madness.

I might do more gender-neutral versions of these in the future. I probably won't, but I might.

I don't have enough space on my status bar to hold all these keycards!

I included the brightmap here, you won't need to bring your own! I had a bit of a toy around with the idea of colourblind accessible keycards, but I don't think this solution works particularly well (I think the best way to go about it is something like Blood or Hexen, where each key has a unique theme). I find the idea of the brown keycard inherently funny.

Another attempt at unified ammo pickups, this time in a Wooden/Sovietesque theme. Also an RPG-7 and some more mystical sigils of power.

Blue medkits, and a bunch of Warpac (mostly polish) guns.

Also, another attempt at Dukem style keycards, because I think the old ones I did were too small. The AKM and RPK are also improvements from the ones I'd done before. The China Lake receives no introduction because it needs none.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

you can add sprites in any color, surely! Unless you want to use specific color translations I don't know why it would be necessary to adhere to the 256-slot palette. Even if you want to be consistent I think it is fair to make exceptions in a few select instances.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

@BigDaveHadSomeToo - now that is NICE :)
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

A bunch of CGA/EGA assets from a game I was thinking about making. Free to use in any non-commercial project with attribution.
There's a few more character sprites I made, but this was intended to be a sidescroller so I left those out as they wouldn't make sense in doom (and I don't really want anyone using the characters anyway)

[imgur]http://i.imgur.com/ok5Z3k8[/imgur]
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Finally had some time and stopped being lazy and finished this thing. Now you can mine skulls!
I'll do blood stained edits, but that'll come later... I need some god damn sleep.
Attachments
diggy diggy hole
diggy diggy hole
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

VriskaSerket wrote:Finally had some time and stopped being lazy and finished this thing. Now you can mine skulls!
I'll do blood stained edits, but that'll come later... I need some god damn sleep.
Looks damn good!
Superdave938

Post by Superdave938 »

DOOMPiter wrote:Hmm... Alpha guns.
(Credits: iD Software, Whoever the hell made the arms, SuperDave998)
alphagunsremaster.png
neat
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Vostyok wrote:I've seen one mod take an interesting way of doing it - X Weapon: Helsturm.

You start with your standard crappy pistol (which is still better than Doom's peashooter, but whatever). As you collect new guns, sometimes there is a chance that a random, upgraded weapon will spawn instead. This is increased by finding those special red supply crates. Upgraded weapons always take priority over, and replace, standard common drops.

Gives a large variety of different weapons and characteristics, which is nice for changing the gameplay, but also means you aren't shifting through like, 5 different weapons per hotkey, all of which are just Assault rifle but with minor changes.
The one difference I'd probably have between X-Weapon/Helsturm's upgrade system and Mixed Bag's would be that the lack of automatic replacement - upgrades will instead be applied (and/or produced) via a dedicated menu, with the upgraded variants only replacing the older weapons once the upgrade has been created/purchased. To this effect, it'll likely inherit some parts of The Trooper's inventory system as well to enable the player to select a given variant of a weapon without actually having to scroll through several weapons per hotkey, but tied to the same menu system to avoid adding extraneous key functions.

Also, if it wasn't apparent (or if you didn't know beforehand), but I made X-Weapon: Helsturm (itself a branch of X-Weapon, which is a shitty edit of the much more well-built Accessories to Murder by WildWeasel). The upgrade system was a neat tweak that I'm overly proud of, but can definitely be improved upon in the ZScript era.
VriskaSerket wrote:Finally had some time and stopped being lazy and finished this thing. Now you can mine skulls!
*block-breaking intensifies*

The Doom community can always do with more melee weapons - so many guns, so few sharp and blunt objects...
TommyGalano5
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

Scailliano is no more there is only T-POSE!
Attachments
Untitled197_20210625092914.png
Kominate

Post by Kominate »

I was busy drawing the frames for the Säuberungssoldaten and all of a sudden, i wanted to make a wolf 3D edition of the "wolfenstein: the old blood" soldiers you encounter throughout the campaign.

I think im gonna start working on this once im done with the Säuberungssoldaten.
Still incomplete, hence the blake stone rifle still being there.
Still incomplete, hence the blake stone rifle still being there.
1960 Soldier.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
This is the guy he is based on btw
5049534f8abf8de3b807dcc801fe2442.png
5049534f8abf8de3b807dcc801fe2442.png (66.04 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I see no reason that guy can't be running around with a space gun.
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

bimshwel wrote:I see no reason that guy can't be running around with a space gun.
I concur with this statement, though honestly given how hellishly overengineered the guns are in the Wolf TNO universe are... you could argue those things are space guns in their own right.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to sprite something like that though so I'm curious what's gonna' replace the rapid fire rifle from Blake Stone in that sprite.
Kominate

Post by Kominate »

KynikossDragonn wrote:
bimshwel wrote:I see no reason that guy can't be running around with a space gun.
I concur with this statement, though honestly given how hellishly overengineered the guns are in the Wolf TNO universe are... you could argue those things are space guns in their own right.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to sprite something like that though so I'm curious what's gonna' replace the rapid fire rifle from Blake Stone in that sprite.
I was thinking on replacing the blake stone gun with the assault rifle since thats the weapon these guys use the most. Its true that they also have laser/energy weapons in their arsenal but those guns are mostly used by the nazi space marines you fight in New Order
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Spoiler:
Dunno about rip 'n tear but I can offer you whack 'n boom. Very slow progress, but Blaze Reap is coming along nicely so far.
I'd dare say it's the relatively final-ish design on the main sprite, plus 3 bloody variants for a gradual staining system.
On top of that, since Blaze Reap is supposed to (usually) cause explosions on hit (though also known to misfire), I made some post-explosion scorched blood variants of those stained sprites, with a cleaner tip, just because I can.
I suppose what follows should be the other two blood colors, which is a hassle and I'm in no rush to do them. Perhaps an attack animation will do...

Return to “General”