[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by ChopBlock223 »

Updated sprites for the Defender Of The Faith, because I realized the inconsistency with the crosslug thing only being visible at all on the open frames, and that shit bothered the shit out of me. Also slight tweak on pickup sprite.
Same as before.
Same as before.
Bratish
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Bratish »

So, I finally made the final sketch for my HUD Face. There is only one small thing left - to professionally animate it... And here I am so far powerless.
Bratish`s Hero Hud Face Final Sketch.gif
I would be infinitely grateful to someone who could take my modest work as a basis...
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

I stopped to meditate deeply, as I was very supremely bored, and came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a classic-style arsenal of Resident Evil inspired weapons.
So here I drop a Spark Shot. I have no intention of making it accurate to the original, that's just the inspiration.
Attachments
PSHZZT!
PSHZZT!
SparkShot.png (16.5 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

wahattackflop25percent.gif
when attacked a certain way it gets flung in the air and then becomes frustrated at that. Currently it gets up by using a vertical velocity change and playing some of the falling frames in reverse and that almost looks like animation.
unfortunately I subconsciously made them shrink in size when they fall over since I didn't put enough space between them on the layout, so many of these I had to enlarge after separating them into individual sprites.
CherubCorps

Post by CherubCorps »

when attacked a certain way it gets flung in the air and then becomes frustrated at that. Currently it gets up by using a vertical velocity change and playing some of the falling frames in reverse and that almost looks like animation.
unfortunately I subconsciously made them shrink in size when they fall over since I didn't put enough space between them on the layout, so many of these I had to enlarge after separating them into individual sprites.
Wow. That looks absolutely amazing. That must have taken forever to do.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

wahwalk30percent.gif
Thank you! I think I did that part across two weeks but it is hard to say since so many matters come and go; I had to stop for two months after doing the walking frames in july, which I don't believe I put here. it would have been faster if I had a more consistent system or didn't worry about minor pixel artifacts that are rarely apparent in-game due to how large I draw them, but I never would have attempted that a few years ago so hopefully I will be able to do more complicated sequences after this or actually get faster at it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Again and again, i really love your smooth and deep animations. Seems like you're finishing them in no time! And that's amazing.
VriskaSerket wrote:I stopped to meditate deeply, as I was very supremely bored, and came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a classic-style arsenal of Resident Evil inspired weapons.
So here I drop a Spark Shot. I have no intention of making it accurate to the original, that's just the inspiration.
Very detailed and unique. Yeah, vanilla stuff is there but it looks brand new!
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I didn't think two weeks was fast! but I am glad if something seems to be coming of it, after so long. If it ever ends it will at least be nice to look at, which I could not be certain of when I started.
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Ok, I'm so fond of how that Spark Shot came out that I made it less bulky and nailgun-like, and did some effects.
Attachments
[zombie frying intensifies]
[zombie frying intensifies]
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

absolutely sick 'muzzle' flash
Bratish
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Bratish »

The sixth incarnation of a shotgun...This is damp, this is bad, this is shit It's time to start a meme - "Bratish cannot find the correct image of the weapon."
Bratish`s Shotgun V6.png
The sources are .psd, which is in the archive, because there are problems with uploading.
SOURCE of Shotgun V6.zip
Yes, I am now passing in drawing, because I have become discouraged in the profession of a game designer, although there is still hope ... But maybe I will pass on to interested people all my developments about the game ... If I still want to ...

P.S. My damn insanity...
VriskaSerket

Post by VriskaSerket »

Did some jerry cans cause why not. There's two red ones 'cause the first dark red one looked 64-ish and I liked it, so then I made the other one to fit Doom 1 and 2's brighter colors.
Also some b o n u s r u s t .
Attachments
them jerrys, for jeep or saw
them jerrys, for jeep or saw
gascans.png (12.59 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

A new Beretta pistol, with doomguy holding the grip with both hands or only one (just couldn't make a brand new magazine, though):

Original model on Sketchfab.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

What a lovely Beretta!

Also, mad respect for that Sparkshot, Vriska!
Wereknight
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wereknight »

Tell you a thing, I don't really like to switch to somewhat I barely know or heard of.
I spent a lot of years with Photoshop. So many years that using everything else brings me a headache.
But I'm trying to learn new. Tried to use Krita along with Blender and made the Flare Gun. Result is... quite alright, I think?

Actual Blender render looks like this

Actually it was supposed to be tutorial material but I scrapped that Idea. Better if I'll do a video, I think.

Return to “General”