[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 am

TiberiumSoul wrote:Sorry... i just assumed you'd say no if i did ask

That's most rude excuse for such behaviour I've heard till date. When you asked me back then about the pills gun edits before I even released the update, I told you to just wait. I didn't say anything when you mashed it together with TB's minigun afterwards.

RO/TB stuff is free to be messed with, and I follow my words, but this is the case again where I'd like to get them done and released properly first.
PillowBlaster
What? Nobody to kill?

Postby Kinsie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 am

TiberiumSoul wrote:Sorry... i just assumed you'd say no if i did ask
Maybe that's because you have a lengthy history of ignoring permissions and common courtesy? Like with Marty's stuff.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby TiberiumSoul » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37 am

Yes, I'm in the wrong and I'm sorry that i didn't ask but to be fair the only things I used from your Union Rifle edit was the wooden stock and the bolt handle, the original graphics I used were made by Carbine Dioxide and Chronoteeth respectively, I used bits and pieces from two separate rifle designs made by them to create both the Omen Mk.3 Assault Rifle and the Archangel Assault Shotgun posted above

With that said, I don't plan on dropping the graphics as I can provide the resource images i used as proof that what I say I used was ALL that I used.

Spoiler: My edit sources
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TiberiumSoul
The Lost Soul that stumbled into a patch of tiberium crystals

Discord: 2012
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Kinsie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:28 am

The problem isn't that you used more than X% of Sprite Y against the author's wishes. The problem is that you keep editing things that people don't want edited for whatever reason despite multiple cases of folks yelling at you about it in the past. You're either refusing to listen or refusing to care, but either way is not conducive to a healthy community.

Your response of "so sorry but i'm gonna use it anyway lmbo!" is just a capstone.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby comet1337 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm

TiberiumSoul wrote:anyone wanna take a crack and making this look a wee bit better?

A_BASE1.png

i thought those were exhaust pipes spewing flames
a step above machineguns: the motor gun! it's always a driveby!
comet1337

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Just to let you know TS, you're still missing a few credits on the Omen and Arch Angel, don't forget Doom Nukem. :P
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby TheRailgunner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 pm

*slips rifle sprites into hyperspace pocket*

Didn't know you were still planning on doing something with this sprite, but it looks pretty cool - I actually like the wooden stock a bit more. You mind if I mess with it and such? Don't really have anything planned, just wanted to putz around with your sprites.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:33 pm

TheRailgunner wrote:Didn't know you were still planning on doing something with this sprite, but it looks pretty cool - I actually like the wooden stock a bit more. You mind if I mess with it and such? Don't really have anything planned, just wanted to putz around with your sprites.

That's why I added to it a wooden stock in the first place - I plan to replace the most dull rifle, namely Tarpan in RO with it. And nah, I won't mind. Just remember to put a word for DoomNukem, Chronoteeth, and CarbineDioxide there for it as well. I am pretty sure I used one of your pickups for an inspiration here anyway, as a fun fact/act of double standard~
PillowBlaster
What? Nobody to kill?

Postby Doomguy5th » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 pm

A bit surprised as to how this ended up.
This is my first time ripping sprites out of Blender v2.7.8. I would always rip my models straight out of Sketchfab, but now I actually attempted to download it and rip it from rendering in Blender. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I'll also have a spoiler with a set of instructions in there. If you guys think or have any suggestions to my whole process, feel free to share them

Spoiler: Weird Set of Instructions on how to make my voodoo magic

EDIT: I seem to have a problem with importing models with Blender (specifically any file that's not the .blend file extension). When I do import them, they are texture-less and are either just plain or they're just black. Anyone know what I should do?
Doomguy5th

Postby YukiHerz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 pm

It didn't occur to you to set Alpha to Transparent? :p
Also I recommend increasing Antialiasing (in the scene tab, same place you set Alpha to Sky) samples to 16 and Size to 1.5, set rendering res to 640x480, percentage under the resolutions at 100%.
After rendering the image you can save it.

After that you can just resize it in Paintdotnet and fix the transpartent edges :^).
(Just use the magic wand on any fully transparent spot while holding left shift, make sure the treshold is at 50% (blue bar near the top of the screen) and press delete key, then clone the layer and merge both copies, keep doing that until there's no more transparent pixels, this will give you a decent edge).
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Doomguy5th » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm

YukiHerz wrote:It didn't occur to you to set Alpha to Transparent? :p

WAIT WHERE DO I DO THAT?! Sorry, yes I'm new to Blender so I have no idea what I'm doing. Also thanks for the suggestions!

EDIT: Supposed to be under the camera icon -> shading -> and then set it to transparent? Or am I missing something? Because IDK what happened, my model is still texture-less.

Spoiler: Need Halp
Doomguy5th

Postby Captain J » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Hooh. Now that's useful information, dude! Although i stopped model ripping, but this might really help in the future.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby DoomKrakken » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Doomguy5th wrote:A bit surprised as to how this ended up.
This is my first time ripping sprites out of Blender v2.7.8. I would always rip my models straight out of Sketchfab, but now I actually attempted to download it and rip it from rendering in Blender. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I'll also have a spoiler with a set of instructions in there. If you guys think or have any suggestions to my whole process, feel free to share them

Spoiler: Weird Set of Instructions on how to make my voodoo magic

EDIT: I seem to have a problem with importing models with Blender (specifically any file that's not the .blend file extension). When I do import them, they are texture-less and are either just plain or they're just black. Anyone know what I should do?

This gun reminds me of the generic (though huge-ass) pistols used by some goons following Roman Torchwick in the pilot episode of RWBY. Definitely the same color scheme, and definitely still huge-ass. XD
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:Didn't know you were still planning on doing something with this sprite, but it looks pretty cool - I actually like the wooden stock a bit more. You mind if I mess with it and such? Don't really have anything planned, just wanted to putz around with your sprites.

That's why I added to it a wooden stock in the first place - I plan to replace the most dull rifle, namely Tarpan in RO with it. And nah, I won't mind. Just remember to put a word for DoomNukem, Chronoteeth, and CarbineDioxide there for it as well. I am pretty sure I used one of your pickups for an inspiration here anyway, as a fun fact/act of double standard~

I find it ironic that you based your weapon more on an M16 instead of an AK, and the AK is what comes to mind first regarding Russian weaponry.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Doomguy5th » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Doomguy5th

PreviousNext

Return to General