ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Postby r&r » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:17 pm

Just a Idea

A Map HUB that take place in a

Abandoned Old Video Rental Store (in 80's 90's style)

Where DoomGuy/ThePlayer Find VHS tapes
and use them on old tv with vcr player.

And the tapes you find are Levels
and finishing them unlock other rooms and other tape levels,
also game cartridges and the console as hidden stages.

As each Stage can be any movie theme and genre style.
Action, Horror, Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi.
Or Odd VHS tapes that are not movies
but mostly Heal or gives the player basic items.

Like a old Hunting Training video that mostly gives you a pistol and a knife and some ammo,
to a Self-health video that refills 20 to 50 Health. as these VHS tapes are just refill items pickups
but you need to use it on the VCR get the refill.

Each movie having their own unique weapons that can be carried over to the other stages.
r&r

Postby Artman2004 » Sun May 08, 2022 8:31 pm

Some sort of "infestation" type mod.

The idea is having a biomass slowly grow, covering level geometry and even the entire map.

It can consume enemies and corpses to grow faster, and even create walking infesters to spread its influence.

I don't know if it's actually possible to create something like that in Doom, but it's still an idea at the end of the day.
Artman2004

Postby Matt » Tue May 10, 2022 6:24 pm

Artman2004 wrote:Some sort of "infestation" type mod.

The idea is having a biomass slowly grow, covering level geometry and even the entire map.

It can consume enemies and corpses to grow faster, and even create walking infesters to spread its influence.

I don't know if it's actually possible to create something like that in Doom, but it's still an idea at the end of the day.

Sounds pretty doable for me, though if your win condition is full eradication it's going to turn into a literal chore after a while.

For gameplay purposes it might be good to have a rule that sufficiently small globs of this thing should eventually rot and die on their own, so the players only really need to blow up the really big masses...

Jvrol wrote:One idea I have is either a gameplay mod or a Full bown TC where you play as a Vampire in a WoD style gothic punk setting.
Thinking about making FPS characters out of characters from WoD campaigns from back in the day, and the absolutely hilariously broken Dex-centric shooter builds some folks made, I'm suddenly reminded of Ultrakill...
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Matt » Thu May 12, 2022 12:32 am

Matt wrote:Unlikely I'll ever figure this one out, but: a mod where your main weapon is a semiauto shotgun that fires as fast as you can click, but it has two modes, a weaker shot with a lighter tap and a stronger shot when you hold the button just a fraction of a second longer. If you shoot to the time of the music, and do the strong shots on the strong beats, the shot becomes more powerful and you gain more points for hits. Monsters only attack on the beat; projectiles missing you narrowly on the beat will recover hitpoints.

inspired by:
fwiw this is very close to what i had in mind:
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Previous

Return to General