ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Naniyue

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Naniyue »

Sengoku DooM. Play three episodes, one as a samurai, one as a ninja, and one as a peasant. The samurai episode contains battlefield and castle levels, the ninja one is all about spying and stealth, and the peasant one is about survival. There would be two game modes, realistic and fantasy. Realistic is as the name implies, but fantasy mode would add mythological creatures.
DoomerBlazkowicz

Re: Nightmare Survival DC : Rainbow Factory "REMAKE"

Post by DoomerBlazkowicz »

The mod is really great but i decided to "Remading" the mod. While i take a break from that mod for 1 month and i returned that mod. The first of i added new enemies.

New enemies:
Various Scientist's (Male, Female)
Hazmat Zombie
ZSec

New sounds from:
Wolfenstein Series (including Bethesda ver.)
Black Mesa
Doom Series
Blood
Zdoom
And More...

New weapons:
Fists: Sprites Chanced and new sprites for Berserk mode
Chainsaw: Original mod's Chainsaw, with new improved New sprites, New sounds (especialy hitting the wall sound) And new ammo type "Gasoline".
Pistol: Original doom pistol with wolfenstein handed (Sprites edited of course).
Saiga 12: A Kalashlikov styled assault shotgun.
Mp5: A smg with close range and better accuarcy and grenade launcher mod.
Chaingun: Chaingun a heavy machine gun with no good accuarcy, but strong and fast firing.
Rocket launcher (Wolf3d style): Classic mini Rocket launcher, Pistol sized, Firing mini rockets, and projectiles are fast the old ones (wolfenstein 3d style :3)
Tesla Gun: Much powerfull than the plasmarifle from original mod, 2 fire mode's first "Full auto", and second one is "Big electric projectile" (From blood but re sprited)
BFG9000: Ahhh... a Doom classic (Doom 3 version from original mod Blyat).
Rainbow Gun: The original versions is really great (including Mark 2), Weapon is improved, and turn into Rainbow Rail Gun (Just like LaserKraftWerk)
Rainbow Gun Mark 2: Mark 2 is Useless for being same to original one, and i made into a "energy weapon" (Same to Lasergewehr)

New Bosses: Comming soon :D
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i think a sub-zero weapon mod would be dope.
you start with the kori blade, some ice shurikens and a full ice mana meter that decreases accordingly to the level of the move used. the berserk would be a lin kuei amulet that temporarily deactivates the meter, giving you unlimited ice powers. when an enemy is close to death, he enters a dizzy state and can be executed with a fatality or brutality. he would be able to unlock more moves and increase the meter by finding items or leveling up. yeah.
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

LossForWords wrote: -snip-
Yes, I fully support this idea
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Me too. Would be better than Mythologies: Sub-Zero. =p
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

I know this may sound like a silly idea, but I had too many projects in mind. However, the one that stuck out to me is Operation Zeitreise, which I know sounds silly, I mean, the Time Travel concept is overdone, but I can appreciate those who still enjoy it. Anyways, even if this sounds like a Wolfenstein name, I had this idea in mind since the cancellation of a previous project similar to this one. I may have to change some things in order for this to work.

I'm not asking for full on support or approval of this idea, I'm gonna be honest and say "You can support it if you so choose."
R4L
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

I've always been a huge fan of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Doom. When I discovered ZDoom and some of the awesome mods people made I always wondered how it was possible, and for a good year or two now I've been actively and not-so actively working on a number of things.

Unloved is probably my favorite of all time. Anything horror-oriented in that sort of macabre, Silent Hill-ish style really suits my fancy, and I figured with the few things I've learned along the way that it was time to start working on something:

I don't know what I'm going to call it yet, or what I have planned next, but I know I want to have an unsettling atmosphere, and tell some kind of story too. Nothing too prominent, just enough to give some curiosity I guess. Here's a preview of the weapons I'm adding into it:

Never mind my dumb comments lol. These were mostly concocted at the wee hours of the night on low fumes. Got a lot of work to do still, but with what I've learned so far I believe I can do it.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i love goldensouls and my vision and my idea and my hope is for more of the same ... i love the idea to add more depth and layers to the gameplay!
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:i love goldensouls and my vision and my idea and my hope is for more of the same ... i love the idea to add more depth and layers to the gameplay!
When I directed you here I was hoping you had some ideas about how you wanted it to be more RPG-like or whatever it was you'd said before.
Catarne

Post by Catarne »

I have a basic idea. A mod that is a horde mod with upgrades
Ravick

Re: (RELEASED) Nightmare Survival DC : Rainbow Factory

Post by Ravick »

Can we have the old version as well? Links are dead. =/

Also, I wish sucess for your "remading". :)
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I've had this idea floating in my head for god knows how long, a sequel to the Wolfenstein 3D mod coming of the storm.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

armymen12002003 wrote:I've had this idea floating in my head for god knows how long, a sequel to the Wolfenstein 3D mod coming of the storm.
That title reminds me of this which would be a great excuse for me to start making maps for Hideous Destructor and/or WW-Nazis based on locations around here (i.e., without looking like I'm plotting a shooting spree or anything of that sort).
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Nightmare Survival DC : Rainbow Factory "REMAKE"

Post by wildweasel »

DoomerBlazkowicz wrote:The mod is really great but i decided to "Remading" the mod. While i take a break from that mod for 1 month and i returned that mod. The first of i added new enemies.

New enemies:
Various Scientist's (Male, Female)
Hazmat Zombie
ZSec

New sounds from:
Wolfenstein Series (including Bethesda ver.)
Black Mesa
Doom Series
Blood
Zdoom
And More...

New weapons:
Fists: Sprites Chanced and new sprites for Berserk mode
Chainsaw: Original mod's Chainsaw, with new improved New sprites, New sounds (especialy hitting the wall sound) And new ammo type "Gasoline".
Pistol: Original doom pistol with wolfenstein handed (Sprites edited of course).
Saiga 12: A Kalashlikov styled assault shotgun.
Mp5: A smg with close range and better accuarcy and grenade launcher mod.
Chaingun: Chaingun a heavy machine gun with no good accuarcy, but strong and fast firing.
Rocket launcher (Wolf3d style): Classic mini Rocket launcher, Pistol sized, Firing mini rockets, and projectiles are fast the old ones (wolfenstein 3d style :3)
Tesla Gun: Much powerfull than the plasmarifle from original mod, 2 fire mode's first "Full auto", and second one is "Big electric projectile" (From blood but re sprited)
BFG9000: Ahhh... a Doom classic (Doom 3 version from original mod Blyat).
Rainbow Gun: The original versions is really great (including Mark 2), Weapon is improved, and turn into Rainbow Rail Gun (Just like LaserKraftWerk)
Rainbow Gun Mark 2: Mark 2 is Useless for being same to original one, and i made into a "energy weapon" (Same to Lasergewehr)

New Bosses: Comming soon :D
My apologies, but unless you have something to show and can start your own thread, I'd prefer stuff like this to go in the Project Ideas thread instead of hijacking someone else's.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Idea that keeps going through my head.

After the events of Wolfenstein, with the war ending in Japan, the emotionally troubled BJ Blazkowitz is called back up to investigate the disappearance of several thousand prisoners and PoWs: their existence is well documented, but the trail vanishes when they are sent to somewhere in the arctic. After investigation, BJ and his team stumble upon a massive military installation still running a project for the Thule society. With the rest of his team either lost in the mazelike complex or killed, BJ must stop the self-destructing Thule society from unleashing a horde of demons the newly opened portal to hell, while fighting through a complex that is slowly being taken over by hell itself.

The name of this game?
WOLFENDOOM.

This, and an episode of BoA set in Japan.

Return to “General”