ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
enderandrew

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by enderandrew »

ZippeyKeys12 wrote:Like MetaDoom?
I looked at that briefly long ago and it showed tons of weapons, but I wasn't sure about monsters. Maybe I need to give that a try.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Hey everyone, I recently stumbled upon doom strategy game called doom master of sin:

and i was wondering if it would be possible(actually i know that it's possible i just don't know how to do it, hence i'm posting here) to make a mod where you can play something like these but in actual fps where demon armies fight each other. Something like call of duty but with demons, on something like slaughter maps etc etc. Sorry if idea is stupid to you but i just think it would be awesome.

For example you fight for the army 1 and you can choose from any demon present in the game and fight enemy army 2 that has those same demons in their ranks and they all just kill themselves and advance, and you win after you like destroy their altair or something like in that game.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reduced font size to normal.
BFG

Post by BFG »

Strife mod set after either the good, bad or neutral ending.
FFFFRRRR

Post by FFFFRRRR »

I once made a >30 pages document about an open-world doom-mod.
Around 50 maps. I planned quests, collectibles, dialogues, bosses, you name it. 20 weapons, each with 4 stats to upgrade 4 times.
The goal is to kill 5 major demons, and you have to find a way to get at them. Often, you'd encounter platforming elements.

I completely lack the passion and talent to make something like this without using too many pre-existing assets, so I don't see much reason trying to get it done. I worked on some weapons for a few months before I got my current job, then realized there is no way I can actually pull something like this off.
doublecross

Post by doublecross »

Spy vs Spy Classic Mode from the PS2 Version made into a Online Deathmatch MOD!
They already give you the 2D Grid of the map if you press (SELECT) in game, so easy remake.

"The aim of these modes is to collect 5 artifacts from safes around the map (and a Briefcase in Classic mode to carry all of the items) before the other spy, and then escaping in either the elevator or (in Modern mode) some unusual getaway vehicle"

I don't know how hard a script to randomize 5 items inside of objects would be. Classic mode also has no guns and utilizes melee combat, once again for easy weapon mods! Last thing is an office texture with a nightsky backdrop, and you got a full Spy vs Spy MOD with unique gameplay ;)

I'd love to learn where to script something like this (if anyone has an idea where i'd start)
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

A DooM version of Archon Ultra, with two sets of game pieces, one DooM and one Archon, with of course FPS fighting. Or even simply DooM Battle Chess.
ElectricPulse
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElectricPulse »

A complete change on the combat system making it look realistic, where enemies are smarter and stronger. Player will always have to take cover when in combat.

The sounds will change too: they will be real sounds, and will change acording to the distance of the actor. I hope it doesn't looks like CoD or BF :S
Sickened

Post by Sickened »

I'd like to see a project that turns DOOM into something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Fallout. If this has been done already please point me in the right direction.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Sickened wrote:I'd like to see a project that turns DOOM into something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Fallout. If this has been done already please point me in the right direction.
You've got Gentek's Wasteland project, which definately getting that Stalker vibe, although that is still work in progress.

You've also got Ramon.Dexter's Shadows Of Apocalypse, which is probably more what you are looking for. There is a short demo on his project page.

Then you've got my own Ashes 2063, although that is more like a typical 90's shooter.

All can be found on the Total Conversions section of the projects tab.

Edit: Oh SNAP! You've also got Harmony which can be found here: http://rabotik.nl/harmony.htm.
As well as being one of the most successful Doom TC's ever produced, it was also a big influence to me (can't believe I almost forgot :cry: :oops: )
Theme wise, it's got it's own thing going on, but there are plenty of mutants, destroyed city buildings and other tropes of the genre.
Sickened

Post by Sickened »

Perfect! Thanks for the list :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Okay. So, i don't usually reveal ideas, but i really know i won't work these so soon. I also don't know if anybody talked about it, so, here it goes.

- A punisher weapons mod. How come in years we only have a map with a comic poster in it? I made some sprites, nothing fancy, but a start. And i am talking about the comics Frank Castle, not a Thomas Jane styled (although i like the first movie) Punisher. It means, white gloves and dark-blue sleeves.

- A game where the plot is, you discovered the existence of aliens and you're escaping from secret agent MIB-like guys and, of course, evil aliens who also want you silenced. The weapons and enemies are basic, but, anyway, this is for ideas only... Although i could discuss this more further if somebody is interested.
Sickened

Post by Sickened »

Angled sprites for vanilla weapons? Dunno how long it would take, but there could be a "vanilla" version with less frames in the firing animation to maintain a bit of faithfulness, and a smoother version.

Edit; Also, a weapon bobbing "fix" of sorts that preserves weapon movement even during its firing frames, and weapon swaying (Like Nash Muhandes') but used in the load order (As a pk3 or wad file). These could be for middle positioned vanilla weapon sprites or the aforementioned right positioned vanilla weapon sprites.
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

SHayden wrote:-Snip-
i am still new to modding(still working on my first mod conceptually)
but one of my ideas is a thing slightly like that
right now i'm calling it The Necromancer
I'm still tinkering with ideas as it's currently third in a set of 5 doom mods i want to eventually make but it may be one of the easier so it might end being the first done

the idea is you spawn with a handful of orbs, each assaigned to 2 doom monsters
-Imp/Pinky
-Shotguner/Chaingunner
-Hell Knight/Baron of Hell
-Cacodemon/Pain Elemental
-Revenant/Mancubus
-Arachnotron/Archvile
-Cyberdemon/Spidermastermind

you start with 5 soul points(the mods ammo), enough to summon 5 imps or 2 pinkies or 1 shotgunner, they will be friendly, every time a mob dies you gain a set amount of soul points based on the monster(even your own friendlies), the amount you get from them is slightly less than what it takes to summon them, so you can run out of ammo(it'll be difficult but possible) you will have to use replaced ammo drops to refuel

the inspiration for this is the necromancer demon from Samurai Jack if anyone knows of him
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

GAA1992 wrote:Okay. So, i don't usually reveal ideas, but i really know i won't work these so soon. I also don't know if anybody talked about it, so, here it goes.

- A punisher weapons mod. How come in years we only have a map with a comic poster in it? I made some sprites, nothing fancy, but a start. And i am talking about the comics Frank Castle, not a Thomas Jane styled (although i like the first movie) Punisher. It means, white gloves and dark-blue sleeves.

- A game where the plot is, you discovered the existence of aliens and you're escaping from secret agent MIB-like guys and, of course, evil aliens who also want you silenced. The weapons and enemies are basic, but, anyway, this is for ideas only... Although i could discuss this more further if somebody is interested.

After the release of Nuclear Dawn, i started working on a Punisher mod with black glooves and trench coat sleeves but i thinked it would be just a copy of WW-Terrorist, so i discarded the idea, maybe adding more things to the gameplay like making an interrogation system for adquiting more guns or other things
Pyrolex

Post by Pyrolex »

I had ideas for an angled weapons mod. I know a few people have wanted it to be a thing, so I thought I'd take a stab at it. Originally I was working with voxels to make the sprites, but that kinda proved to be a really dumb idea.

I then found UnTrustable's "Double Your Gun, Double Your Fun" mod. Most of the sprites look perfect for what I want, so I PM'd him asking for permission to use them, but the lack of a response is kind of signaling "no".

EDIT: If anyone would like to help, all they'd need to do is create sprites, I can do the Decorate programming.
Last edited by Pyrolex on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”