ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by wildweasel »

Tesculpture wrote:An idea I had for a Final Doomer weapon set, but could be used in any mod...a Candyland themed weaponset:
-The pistol is a Pez Dispenser
-The shotgun fires Hundreds And Thousands
-The chainsaw/melee is a Candy Cane, licked down into a lethally sharp point
-The other melee is a pair of boxing gloves made out of Gummi candy, aka "The Gummi Gauntlets"
-The BFG/rocket launcher shoots giant Jawbreakers
I cannot remember which mod it was, but there was some weapon mod in the early 2000s (or late 90s?) that replaced the Plasma Gun with a tube of Smarties.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I would like to create a TC based on Rick Dangerous with gameplay centered on puzzle solving and platforming/exploring.
ravage

Post by ravage »

wildweasel wrote:
Tesculpture wrote:An idea I had for a Final Doomer weapon set, but could be used in any mod...a Candyland themed weaponset:
-The pistol is a Pez Dispenser
-The shotgun fires Hundreds And Thousands
-The chainsaw/melee is a Candy Cane, licked down into a lethally sharp point
-The other melee is a pair of boxing gloves made out of Gummi candy, aka "The Gummi Gauntlets"
-The BFG/rocket launcher shoots giant Jawbreakers
I cannot remember which mod it was, but there was some weapon mod in the early 2000s (or late 90s?) that replaced the Plasma Gun with a tube of Smarties.
I think it was either Arsenal or Alando Guns, because it also replaced the BFG with a lego monstrosity.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

wildweasel wrote:I cannot remember which mod it was, but there was some weapon mod in the early 2000s (or late 90s?) that replaced the Plasma Gun with a tube of Smarties.
Lost Soulsphere, actually, unless Xaser got the idea from elsewhere.
CBM
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by CBM »

Shareware Horrors:

resources: all wads from all shareware games that the gzdoom engine can handle

E1M1: Hangar
E1M2: Nuclear Plant
E1M3: Toxin Refinery
E1M4: Command Control
E1M5: Phobos Lab
E1M6: Central Processing
E1M7: Computer Station
E1M8: Phobos Anomaly
E1M9: Military Base

+

E1M1: The Docks
E1M2: The Dungeons
E1M3: The Gatehouse
E1M4: The Guard Tower

+

shareware levels from hexen and strife?

+

all freedom phase 1 and 2 levels

------

classes: hexen classes + heretic + doom marine + strife player

each level could contain random weapon and ammo spawns for all classes, but only the relevant class could use certain weapons and ammo ?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

The shareware license is very strict: You can only distribute it unmodified, and you may not create modifications that work with it.
Retro Roy

Post by Retro Roy »

I've always wanted to see a total conversion mod based on the old light gun arcade game CarnEvil or a complete and total remake of Zombies TC (if not that, maybe they can add the weapons from Zombies TC to Final Doomer?)

A CarnEvil TC could be interesting. You could have four episodes, with each episode being an expanded version of the four stages of the original arcade game. E1 is the Haunted House, E2 is Rickety Town, E3 is the Freak Show, and E4 is the Big Top.

I've got some good ideas for the weapon set and a few other assets. But I have no experience with any type of Doom mods or WAD's and I'm a complete newbie. A good CarnEvil mod would have monsters based on the ones from the original arcade game, but that's a lot of work since each level has their own unique set of monsters. That being said, a few monsters could simply use the same AI but have a unique skin for each level

The Lost Soul's AI could work well for several of the small flying enemies in CarnEvil since each level has an enemy like that (Bats in the Haunted House, wasps in Rickety Town, flies in the Freak Show, and winged imps in the Big Top) and you could do reskins for the different former humans and Imps.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I have absolutely no knowledge of coding or spriting whatsoever, making it impossible for me to make any Doom mods, but I still dream of mods that I wish someone would make. The first idea that springs to mind is called "Stalkers".

Stalkers would be a very creepy mod which adds a random monster or other strange presence on the map which hunts the player relentlessly until they finish the level. Not all of these creatures can be killed, and even those that can do not count towards your kill count for the level. Basically, you are not expected to kill any of these horrors. All of the stalkers would have very distinctive sounds associated with them, leaving anyone who hears them in no doubt that they are being hunted...

Some examples of possible stalkers:

Doppelganger - A sinister, zombified clone of Doomguy who with infinite ammo and all of the same abilities as the real Doomguy. He starts with the same arsenal as you began the level with, and every time you pick up a new weapon, he also gains that weapon as well. He roars threats and laughs sadistically as he chases you. If killed, he respawns elsewhere a few seconds later.

Grue - An almost invisible creature which is particularly hard to see in the dark. Almost completely transparent, it is normally visible only as a single expressionless eye. When it attacks, it manifests a huge set of jaws with massively oversized fangs, like the mouth of an angler fish, and this is the only time that any part of it is clearly visible. It is not fast, but it can fly, pass through walls and is not hindered by crushers. It cannot be harmed and all attacks will simply pass through it. It can be detected by a quiet, unearthly growling noise that it makes regularly.

The Creeping Dark - You can't fight this thing. It's everywhere. On any level which features the Creeping Dark, all sky textures are replaced with a custom texture which depicts an endless expanse of black cloud in which can be seen the occasional sinister yellow eye, gaping maw or reaching tentacle. A faint ambience can be heard at all time that sounds like whispering voices. Every 30 seconds, the Dark absorbs a random monster. If there are no monsters left on the level, the ambient light level begins to drop rapidly and you have 30 seconds to escape before the Creeping Dark absorbs you!
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Mighty Max DOOM community project.
-Maps in the automap must look somehow related to the atmosphere or enemies of the map (like e3m2). For example, the automap looks like an imp face and you fight imps.
-There can be four sizes shrunken heads (very small), horror heads (small), doom zones (medium sized), playsets (large).
-The smaller the map, the more you require the use of your brain. Bigger maps have classic gameplay combined with some puzzles to defeat enemies or escape traps.
-Decorate, acs, slopes, 3d floors are allowed.
-Custom textures and music are allowed.
-Level names may be something like this "doomguy conquers the Imp zone", "doomguy hacks the cyberdemon", and so on (optional).
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

allright check this out. you know those jump pads in quake 3? how bout in the air you can go slightly up, down, left or right (you would need one of those mouse that have a joystick on them. then you could trick a enemy and go down a floor (if you are flying into a building) if they are running after you. that new mouse is the future, you could do many things with it.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Was there ever a Alien vs Predator vs Robocop vs Terminator mod idea?
like a weapon and class set and a death match like mod?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

My idea is a universal enemy modifier called "minibosses"...

Basically, at the start of each map, random enemies become minibosses. A miniboss is different in that you'll have to wear it down multiple times to kill it. Think a ratchet & clank boss, or something - to kill one of them, you first get a period where you can deal damage, and then the boss turns invincible and you have to do something to get rid of that invincibility to deal more damage. Basically, the miniboss would get a random way to do this - splitting in to tiny versions that you have to kill to bring the boss back in, selecting a bunch of nearby monsters as shield generators that protect it until they all die, or teleporting away somewhere else in the level (think hideous destructor's archvile).

If it wouldn't involve too many coding crimes, i'd probably try to give it legendoom and champions special compatibility...
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

GAA1992 wrote:A zombie invasion mod for Strife.

My ideas:

- Replace vendors in MAP02 with actors that don't close their shops when hearing gunshots
- Add lots of items to those vendors
- replace ordinary enemies and peasants with zombies
- Zombies drop money to buy things on shop.
- Waves that stop for a little while after being completed, just like the ordinary your zombie invasion game.

Voilá.
Combined this with the Arachnocide Weapons Pack or Factotum, you get the full experience. GAA1992, what zombie strain you want for your idea (Romero (Dawn of the Dead 1978), Snyder (Dawn of the Dead 2004), Rage (28 Days Later), Freaks (Days Gone), Solanum (World War Z) or Busan-strain (Train to Busan) )
Nash

Post by Nash »

Speaking of Strife, here's a project idea:

Combine most/all of the maps into a single map. So with the town as the base hub, seamlessly connect the warehouse, power station, sanctuary, etc etc etc.

I wonder if A) there would be enough space on the map grid to actually fit the entire game (or at least huge chunks of each "tier" of the story), B) if the performance would tank (most definitely, heh?) and C) how mad would the scripting work be, to merge all of the scripts into a single map.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

skyrish10 wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:A zombie invasion mod for Strife.

My ideas:

- Replace vendors in MAP02 with actors that don't close their shops when hearing gunshots
- Add lots of items to those vendors
- replace ordinary enemies and peasants with zombies
- Zombies drop money to buy things on shop.
- Waves that stop for a little while after being completed, just like the ordinary your zombie invasion game.

Voilá.
Combined this with the Arachnocide Weapons Pack or Factotum, you get the full experience. GAA1992, what zombie strain you want for your idea (Romero (Dawn of the Dead 1978), Snyder (Dawn of the Dead 2004), Rage (28 Days Later), Freaks (Days Gone), Solanum (World War Z) or Busan-strain (Train to Busan) )
Sorry taking long.

I'd prefer fast zombies not because i like them, but because Doom games have fast paced gameplay.

Return to “General”