ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Holy shit, that was awesome! XD
"I don't know if this is even possible, but I'd like a script to delete all monster corpses with the push of a button..."
"Here's 10 lines of code that deletes all the corpses."
I got a giggle out of this exchange.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nash wrote:
Spoiler:
If any of you are familiar with Guncaster, then you guys probably know of an ability known as "Corpseblast", which not only removes corpses, but also spawns an explosion that hurts people (along with a shower of red stuff). Is there a way to modify that ZScript so that it spawns an actor that deals radial explosive damage (and also spawns a bunch of blood/gore)?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Yes. Just add

Code: Select all

mo.Spawn("MyExplosiveActor", mo.Pos, NO_REPLACE);

before mo.Destroy(). MyExplosiveActor doesn't even need to be in ZScript, it could be a DECORATE actor. I think.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sounds cool! :D

One of the effects that Corpseblast has is that it gives the dead monsters a special inventory item within a 256-unit radius. Monsters check for this item while they're dead, and jump to a state where they explode and disappear. Can ZScript detect said inventory item and then call the function for all monsters that have the inventory item?

I'm also wondering... is there a way to check the monster classes in this way, to spawn a more specific "Corpseblast" actor? In Guncaster, Cyberdemons/Masterminds explode with much greater damage and much greater effect than much lower-tier monsters.

Also, I see that the line you just provided here has a NO_REPLACE flag... would the spawning actor spawned in this way replace the monster corpse actors if the flag was removed? If so, would it be necessary to have "mo.destroy"?

I'm thinking I gotta move this to the "How Do I... ?" thread... XD
RockstarRaccoon

...That'd be a good late-game spell for Hexen...
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Well... it is in Guncaster... and Guncaster is compatible with Hexen...
mattjoes

Post by mattjoes »

Just throwing this out there: James Bond Doom. You know, to play the films they haven't adapted, and likely will never adapt, to video game form.
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

Home Improvement TC. I don't think so Doomguy.
RockstarRaccoon

It's already been done. Look it up.
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:It's already been done. Look it up.
I mean, like the Seinfeld Doom wad.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

One thing I think would be great: A replacement for the function of BlurSphere that, instead of messing with demons aiming at the "invisible" player(s) simply causes them to either take longer to attack or completely ignore the "Invisible" player(s) at random times.
RockstarRaccoon

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:One thing I think would be great: A replacement for the function of BlurSphere that, instead of messing with demons aiming at the "invisible" player(s) simply causes them to either take longer to attack or completely ignore the "Invisible" player(s) at random times.
Then it's been halfway done!
*laughs when she sees your avatar* XD
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:One thing I think would be great: A replacement for the function of BlurSphere that, instead of messing with demons aiming at the "invisible" player(s) simply causes them to either take longer to attack or completely ignore the "Invisible" player(s) at random times.
...Isn't that how it works already? Either way, I think ZScript will make it modifiable...
mattjoes wrote:Just throwing this out there: James Bond Doom. You know, to play the films they haven't adapted, and likely will never adapt, to video game form.
This might actually be easier than you think: go watch a James Bond movie, sketch out maps of some of the areas, and think about how they'd look in Golden Eye Doom.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
...Isn't that how it works already? Either way, I think ZScript will make it modifiable...
Currently it just (seems to?) makes the monsters take longer to notice the player is around. But once they do, they will still attack... But their angle of attack is messed up! That makes it HARDER to dodge certain attacks, and not the other way around. Give yourself a blursphere, aggro a cacodemon, mancubu, arachnotron or cyberdemon and see what happens.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Has anyone ever thought of having a pain elemental belch out baby or tiny cacos instead of lost souls?Could it even be done?I can almost picture a surprised look on on the elemental's face if that happened.This is an idea for Doom, so if anyone wants to, go for it.(Zany, I know) :) Oh yeah, and as you all know, I'm not an artist or a coder.That being said..... :)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I found a tool that can convert MD3 models, among other formats, to voxel format. I wonder what would happen if we decided to convert a bunch of DOOM models to voxel format... hmm...
grouchbag wrote:Has anyone ever thought of having a pain elemental belch out baby or tiny cacos instead of lost souls?Could it even be done?I can almost picture a surprised look on on the elemental's face if that happened.This is an idea for Doom, so if anyone wants to, go for it.(Zany, I know) :) Oh yeah, and as you all know, I'm not an artist or a coder.That being said..... :)
The coding is super easy. All you'd need to do is insert the actor name for the baby caco into the [wiki]A_PainAttack[/wiki]/[wiki]A_PainDie[/wiki] parameters, and it'll do that.

Now for giving it a surprised look, that'd be some spritework. The baby caco sprites already exist, though...

Return to “General”