ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Deviluke Roy

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Deviluke Roy »

This isn't really a zdoom thing but fuck it:

A Pokemon game where the team blank bad guy whatever is actually a rebel group against an evil government, and you kill them. All of them. You're the villain.

Seriously.

(Well, you're helping the villains, but...)
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Deviluke Roy wrote:This isn't really a zdoom thing but fuck it:

A Pokemon game where the team blank bad guy whatever is actually a rebel group against an evil government, and you kill them. All of them. You're the villain.

Seriously.

(Well, you're helping the villains, but...)
Fisk

Post by Fisk »

For furry.wad:

Three team asymmetrical multiplayer. There is only one game mode, Area of Operations. Players may either let the game decide the objectives over the course of a game whose length is decided by the host; or, they may use earned points to buy a contract which all players will then vote on to decide the next objective. Objectives may range from killing a VIP on the enemy team or planting demo charges on a sensitive weapons cache one of the other teams must defend to interrogating the enemy's hero player or disabling tech stored at their HQ.

The three teams would be Deliverance with Damian as the hero character, Vydra Task Force with Viktoria, and SEAL Team 8 with multiplayer only character Jamie Logan. Each team has special buffs/abilities activated by their hero which cost you a number of points or something.

Not sure yet if I will pursue this.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Monster spriteset idea: lunatic fiber satan

EDIT since no one else has posted since:
First person melee combat done well in the Doom engine seems to be this recurring dream, ever just barely out of reach...
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Anybody remember the mobile games? I mean Doom RPG, Doom II RPG, Wolfenstein RPG... I wonder why none has thought of bringing their content to classic Doom or even make a whole port of the story, maps (with some modifications to make them more interesting maybe), enemies and weapons. Heck, I'd love if I could at least fight VIOS!

On other idea, What about a Turok?
Deii

Post by Deii »

And it seems like I'm going full retard with the idea of making a slow-paced, slightly survival horror mod of sorts. This is my first foray into documenting ideas in a quick and easy "bible" and I'm still trying to figure out as much things as I can for it.

Find more details here: http://pastebin.com/Ed95EaF4
sonic_HD87

Re: []The 10x Mod for "Wrath of Cronos"

Post by sonic_HD87 »

CopperBoltwire wrote:So, Looking for mods i came across the 10x Mod. So if, by any chance someone can "Dissect" the "10x Universal" mod and make it compatible with Wrath of Cronos for BOTH Heretic and Hexen and if you like, also Doom (1 & 2).
10x Universal doesn't work quite well with mods that replace the base actors. The logic of 10x is simple: Alter the base actors to spawn a clone of himself 10 times.

For WoC, what you could do is make clones of WoC actors and alter them to spawn the clones 10 times. I could do it but i'm busy with Silent Hill Orphan TC.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

I have a few:

1.- Since you can make crazy stuff with both ACS and Decorate: What about a Fire Emblem Doom?

2.- Same as above but any 2D game port. I have a base map (the one i'm using for Silent Hill Orphan TC) so, with some tweaks, is plausible.

3.- A mod called "I Hate FPS", where everytime you do something, a random dialogue will appear where the Modder talks to you and say things like: "You know what i hate about FPS? That you're enjoying it"; "You know what i hate about FPS? Their over-reliance on repetitive mechanics"...
Deii

Post by Deii »

sonic_HD87 wrote: 3.- A mod called "I Hate FPS", where everytime you do something, a random dialogue will appear where the Modder talks to you and say things like: "You know what i hate about FPS? That you're enjoying it"; "You know what i hate about FPS? Their over-reliance on repetitive mechanics"...
Seems like a more annoying and less fun version of that Mom Simulator mod that berates the player for playing Doom instead of doing his chores IMO:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54251&hilit=mom+simulator

Then again anything can be great if executed properly so I won't hold it against you or anyone who decides to make that a reality. :P
EldritchNexus

Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by EldritchNexus »

I have an idea for a WAD/overhaul of the game; it's called "Fallout: Fires of Doom".

There are two mods that add Fallout-related elements to Doom. One for the HUD, and one for the weapons. So why not combine these mods and made a full-blown crossover between the two series?

The plot takes place in a separate timeline from most of the Fallout titles (apart from Tactics, Brotherhood of Steel, and Shelter), and assumes the classic Doom titles (1, 2, Final, and 64) occurred before the Great War and Resource Wars.

The plot is that at some point after the events of Fallout Tactics, an expeditionary force is sent by the Midwestern Brotherhood to scope out an abandoned UAC base in Alberta, Canada. Members of the team enter the base, and accidentally trigger a forsaken teleporter that opens a doorway to Hell. Most of the expeditionary force is wiped out by the demons except for a few Knights. This includes the player character.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A switcheroo version for each of PillowBlaster's mods where Malcolm Stryker wields Cygnus' weapons and Cygnus wields Malcolm's weapons. Basically, GunBlazer and TrailCaster respectively.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

A(nother) Monster Replacer mod, where every monster type is changed to a different monster type upon starting a map. As an example, all Imps on a map would be changed to Phase Imps. Loading the same level again would spawn Devils, or something else from a list of "Imp type monsters". This would be done for every monster on at the start of a level.

I've started the project, but am unable to complete it, since I've just gone back to school, and therefore do not have the time to learn Decorate.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I might've posted this before, but instead of all these mods where you gain stuff over time in an arms-race against progressive monsters, I'd like to play a game where you start out armed to the teeth with everything and then you have gradually less and less stuff to deal with either similar opposition or opposition that is also deteriorating but just a little more slowly.

The final boss is just running up to a zombieman and punching him out while you're at 20 health and restricted to doomguy "walk" speed.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Someday i want to do a set of levels based on this sole game:

The 'sightjack' can be done using ChangeCamera and CameraHeight, but i'm more concerned about the enviorment which is top notch IMO, and a flashlight with a light cookie.

And for people who don't know: 'sightjack' is the ability to see through NPC's eyes without being caught, so we can track them in relation of where are we located.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Uuuuuuhhhhhh... Total Chaos with friends, anybody? XD

In all seriousness, you'd just need to change around a few things in Total Chaos and then I think you'd get about the same feel... :)

Return to “General”