ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Atik

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Atik »

DoomKrakken wrote:Image

DO IT.
So, not neccesarily Wendy-Jinx.

But, a Doom mod where you straight up play as Jinx would be fairly straight forward.

Begin with Zap as the pistol replacement. Slow fire rate, but high damage and a large stagger chance. Pow-pow is the chaingun, and Fishbones is the rocket launcher...
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

zombie_ryushu wrote:A Legend of Zelda NES Implementation in Hexen?
What even does this mean? A Hexen mapset based around the NES Zelda? A Zelda TC in ZDoom ( in which case, why Hexen when it could be standalone? )? A gameplay mod based around Zelda?
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

A gameplay mod inspired by the old Amgia game Wiz 'n' Liz. It's focused on quick movement and item collection. You only have a short amoutn of time (3 minutes) to finish a level, which is done by collecting letters from rabbits (just go with me here). From the wikipedia page:
The game takes place on a series of levels, each divided into eight worlds. Each world has a distinct graphical style and music, but the basic gameplay remains the same. Wiz and/or Liz must run through the landscape collecting wabbits against a strict time limit. To win, the player must collect floating letters that appear when a wabbit is collected, to spell out a magic word shown at the top of the screen. Once an entire word is collected, the player then must rescue all remaining wabbits on the level, who now release collectable fruit, stars and clocks to increase the time limit. The limit starts at three minutes and is only restarted when the player character dies. This time limit can however be extended by collecting a glowing orange orb which appears in the last ten seconds of a countdown and gives 30 seconds of bonus time.

At the end of each stage, collected fruit can be mixed in a cauldron, and depending on the fruit, the effect can be bonus points, a minigame, a weird graphical effect, a bit of silliness (such as declaring a "Game Over" and killing your character, only to put them back with a sheepish "Only joking..."), turning the wabbits different colours, or "Absolutely Nothing".
Arctangent wrote:
zombie_ryushu wrote:A Legend of Zelda NES Implementation in Hexen?
What even does this mean? A Hexen mapset based around the NES Zelda? A Zelda TC in ZDoom ( in which case, why Hexen when it could be standalone? )? A gameplay mod based around Zelda?
If anyone ever attempts a mod like this, know that I have a large number of voxel objects made by converting original Legend of Zelda sprites. Converted are all enemies from the first dungeon as well as some overhead monsters, plus weapons like the boomerang and sword, and the dragon and fish dungeon decorations.
Gez

Post by Gez »

DO IT.
We already have Kick Attack!
Nash

Post by Nash »

DO IT.
I fully support this.
NebulaJam

Post by NebulaJam »

I think jinx is super cute...

I had this small idea for a while now.
I have an idea for a weapon mod involves a riot shield. I noticed there isnt really a riot shield wad out there, maybe cuz you can't stop melee attacks from monsters?
I think that could work around that by having the shield spawn in front of the player with thing_Hate so the monsters attack it instead of the player (still looks like its attacking the player). I don't know how to use script right now so I cant really test it.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Reference: Shield

I made something like this a long time ago, but never released it. You can do the shield part easy enough, but melee attacks could be done with very short ranged, invisible custommissile attacks. Infighting between species would still be non-existant, but you would need to use the meleerange feature since most monsters like standing toe to toe before attacking.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Melee attacks are just hitscans, so you should be able to block them by getting the riot shield actor in the line of attack. Even in vanilla you can (eventually, with iddqd and repeated idbeholdi) get pinkies to infight while you're blursphered.

The invisible missile method might be handy for other reasons though (butI'm hard pressed to think of any that can't already be addressed with ZScript's LineAttack).
Last edited by Matt on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

When was this changed? Last I understood it's a simple distance check and then direct damage is dealt, no hitscan involved.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

::checks source code::

Disregard my foregoing post.

No idea how I managed to get those pinkies to infight then...
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

Hey not sure if this is the right place, but I'm currently learning how to mod in my free time and I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with some ideas

I'm planning a mod where you play a 10yo little girl stuck in hell and while I have ideas on a story I want to do weapons first, but I am having trouble thinking of good creative options
So far I got
Bubble Blower - Fires a stream of bubbles or one big one if you charge it
Animal Friends - Summon a random friendly animal, Cat/Dog/Bunny/Cacodemon(just because)
Exploding Teddy - Twist head and throw for instant explosion, or place as a proximity mine
And I have the bfg and berserker abilities in my head, hut I want to save those for release

Basically I'm looking for ideas for weapons that a little girls imagination could create to shotgun, chaingun, chainsaw/melee and maybe a few others at least one for each equivalent doom weapon
Any ideas would be appreciated
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm gonna throw a few of these around, and you can decide which of these will fit what you need... :)

- Sparkle Thrower
- Crayon Launcher
- Blanket
- Arts and crafts
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice!
- Yo-yo?
- Princess hat
- Fairy wand
- Unicorn's horn
Matt

Post by Matt »

Swords
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

Love the crayon launcher idea and the yoyo would make for a nice melee option
Thank you
And your not far off on a couple of those for my BFG/Berserk ideas
And the soarkle thrower I think I got a fun idea from that
Hypersonic

HP bars and damage log

Post by Hypersonic »

Like in WoW it would be nice to see how much HP the monsters have, and how much damage they take each shot on the combat log. At least for the boss monsters like Doom Cyberdemon and Heretic iron liches and maulotaurs.

Return to “General”