ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Tesculpture

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Tesculpture »

Mods such as That Amazing Space Amazon and Ultimate Doom Visor feature a radar on the HUD that allows you to see enemies relative to your position. The ones in these mods make use of monster replacements to work, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make a "Universal Radar Mod" that will work out of the box with any Iwad/Mod, similar to 10x Universal or LegenDoom Lite.
mutator

killing floor 2 mod for doom2

Post by mutator »

this is just a suggestion i have for a while, I have been playing this game and it really caught my attention big time, i love it so much and i would love to see it in doom2 as a mod...with different perks, perk skills and leveling up system.. It probably wont happen but I think this mod would be amazing if it was done by someone. By the way I don't know if this is the right place to post it, if not someone can remove it or move it to right place
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

I've been thinking a lot about a community project I'd like to do sometime
I don't know when I could do it as I don't know mapping all to well or how I would even start such a thing
But my idea is a small 1-2 episode mapset where each level tells a story, it can be told in any way, as long as it's in game and not a wall of text, it can have text throughout or audio(nothing copyrighted), But it must tell a full story
It can be about anything as long as it's not anything hateful but you can be stupid(just no Terry wads pls), or scary, hell even romantic if you want
Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in participating in?

Edit: I also have this idea for a mapset where each map is one type of monster
First map is nothing but Zombiemen, then Shotgunguys, and I have to find a way to make each map interesting using just that one monster
the only thing i'm really unsure about is the Pain Elemental and Lost Soul levels as they kinda go hand and hand, a level full of lost souls could be fun, but a level of PEs just become a level of LSs
Senseless
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Senseless »

An idea that a friend and I have come up with was a steampunk or cyberpunk styled standalone game with about 10 or 14 levels.
I have experience in ACS to create weapons and enemies without inheriting Doom or hexen assets, I'm just not so good at making textures and sprites.

The story that is there I want to deliver in short bursts that don't distract from the gameplay for a long time, where people who want to just play will get the bare minimum of what there is, and for those who are interested, can find more about the world and lore through the environment and artifacts. As for the gameplay, I'm thinking something like doom 4 on higher difficulties or hotline miami, the enemies are a mix of slow and fast, but their projectiles, while not abundant like a bullethell, are fast and deal a lot of damage.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Senseless wrote:An idea that a friend and I have come up with was a steampunk or cyberpunk styled standalone game with about 10 or 14 levels...
Couldn't resist posting to this, even though probably wrong place to put this.

Was working on some sprites for a steampunk meets vampire hunters type game.

Uses hands from Blood, credits to monolith, but yeah....

You're welcome to use this, if it suits you....
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

A sound mod which replaces every sound with Ed Edd and Eddy sound effects.
The meme must continue growing!
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

So, I had this idea of making an IWAD heavily inspired by Nier Automata's Hacking minigame, but with its own story and a load of different "ships"... Got all the forms done, secret stuff too, and a few enemies, All in voxel. The problems? Well...
1. Time
2. Decorate, ACS knowledge and Scripting in general (a LONG hiatus rusted me GREATLY)
3. Sounds
4. Music
5. Mapping
6. Slab6
7. My ever-decreasing self-esteem

I don't know where to go or what to do to try and form a team for it... Sadly.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

RedoLane wrote:A sound mod which replaces every sound with Ed Edd and Eddy sound effects.
If you provide to me sound you want to hear, and what sound it must replace, I can make this for you.
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

Apeirogon wrote:
RedoLane wrote:A sound mod which replaces every sound with Ed Edd and Eddy sound effects.
If you provide to me sound you want to hear, and what sound it must replace, I can make this for you.
Not sure about which sounds to replace, but you can have a listen and maybe decide for yourself.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gN8xNW ... qd1EP/view
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

RedoLane wrote:
Apeirogon wrote:
Not sure about which sounds to replace, but you can have a listen and maybe decide for yourself.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gN8xNW ... qd1EP/view
Main reason because I ask you to provide sound, I dont know what is it about this meme. I remeber cartoon with such titles, but thats all.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

I've thought about making a jokewad. Though I probably risk causing offence and possibly being barred.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Some part of my brain keeps wanting to parse "nukage" as three syllables.

Now I want to do a mod that is a fictional promotional game from Nuka-Cola Japan.

EDIT: "People Kill Guns" would be a great name for a Killing Floor-style co-op survival match game with heavily armed robots.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

So, I couldn't think of anywhere this would fit, and I don't think I've seen this before.

What if we could display a weapon's current ammo on its sprite, like DOOM3. How feasible is that with current systems?
Maxed poin

Post by Maxed poin »

Sr Pelo mod. I think we have enough assets for this. The boom sounds. People. And other stuff. Now all we need to do is ask Sr Pelo himself.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Matt wrote:Some part of my brain keeps wanting to parse "nukage" as three syllables.
Funny that you mention that - my first thought was that you were referring to a project NAMED "Nukage", which got me both slightly worried and excited.
Masonicon wrote:Here's mine: one that's made to spread the word about Ani-Toonspiracy where it's about you play as set of characters(that you can switch individually anywhere on the game as long as they're within set you use) and here's the groups of characters you can use to play this Doom Mod(that you pick during start of game and you can't switch character groups later) where each characters got their unique abilities:

-snip-
And here I thought Project Operation Unthinkable - or, for that matter, the Megaverse in which it takes place - was this many levels past far-fetched. Then again, to someone who might consider a Doom/Duke Nukem crossover "pushing it", Project Operation Unthinkable reads like terrible fanfiction, so YMMV.

Is jettisoning rooms something that's possible in GZDoom (or at least the simulation of such)? I feel like Nukage would do well with many sorts of absurd traps like "going for the Machiavellian Disciple in Level 2 gets you ejected into space and inevitably killed" or something along those lines.
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”