ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Nash

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Nash »

A Fallout 1 remake. Playing Strife always reminds me of Fallout 1. GZDoom already has all the features you'd need to recreate the Fallout 1 experience in first person.

Probably will be C&D'ed in 5 seconds by Big Boy Beth though
GENTEK

ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by GENTEK »

A lots of textures can be grab directly from the game too! A bit work with photoshop.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Fallout Online: Reloaded is, as I understand it, a fan project, and seems to have been left alone so far. It seems to use Interplay content (Fallout 1/2) mostly.

Don't see why a mod here would have any drama.
Nash

Post by Nash »

If it were to be done seriously, it probably has to be done like what the Skywind guys are doing - 100% original art and sound assets made from scratch. You'd just basically be using the name and the lore. Even then, not sure if they'll leave you alone. Probably not worth the effort, haha.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Copyright... copyright never changes...
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Vostyok wrote:Copyright... copyright never changes...
and so does contentID :(
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

kadu522 wrote:The mapset will have at least 5 maps of gradualy growing complexity.
This will basicly make map01 "Vanila land" and the last map being "Use Everything Damit!" and will allow to me get used to the builder in smaller chunks.
I want to see a project where you take one relatively quick-to-make map, weapon or monster (or even take one canonical one) which then gets handed over to 3 other people, who must play with it for a day and then rewrite the thing (no copypaste!) with whatever additions or tweaks they want as long as the end product is fundamentally recognizable as being derived from the original. Each of these 3 then passes their work to 3 of the others, and then they repeat the process with each of those 3. (alternatively each of these 3 hands their work to 3 new people, but that's like 12 people and I don't wish that kind of cat-herding on anyone) All these things are then re-packaged together as a single mod by the person who first started it - with such tweaks as are necessary for the mod to make sense.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

Vaecrius wrote:
kadu522 wrote:The mapset will have at least 5 maps of gradualy growing complexity.
This will basicly make map01 "Vanila land" and the last map being "Use Everything Damit!" and will allow to me get used to the builder in smaller chunks.
I want to see a project where you take one relatively quick-to-make map, weapon or monster (or even take one canonical one) which then gets handed over to 3 other people, who must play with it for a day and then rewrite the thing (no copypaste!) with whatever additions or tweaks they want as long as the end product is fundamentally recognizable as being derived from the original. Each of these 3 then passes their work to 3 of the others, and then they repeat the process with each of those 3. (alternatively each of these 3 hands their work to 3 new people, but that's like 12 people and I don't wish that kind of cat-herding on anyone) All these things are then re-packaged together as a single mod by the person who first started it - with such tweaks as are necessary for the mod to make sense.
I have saw youtubers doing this kind of colab projects but it has to have some kind of structre or it will devolve into a mess.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

So... I realized just now that someone might be able to make a Hexen mod where you play as Princess Luna from MLP. Then I imagined her in game and realized that'd be a bit OP, seeing as she pentuple-wields axes and claymores AND conjures Shields and hellfire AND can teleport...

I think she'd win in a fight against Korax's just on her own... >!>;;

But yeah, a Hexen style game where you play as Luna would be fun.
I picture this playing like Heretic more than Hexen
TDG

Post by TDG »

Nash wrote:A Fallout 1 remake. Playing Strife always reminds me of Fallout 1. GZDoom already has all the features you'd need to recreate the Fallout 1 experience in first person.

Probably will be C&D'ed in 5 seconds by Big Boy Beth though
I am not sure if Fallout 1 in FPS would work, plus there is already a mod in development for Fallout New Vegas to recreate Fallout 1 in that engine/type of gameplay.

Speaking of Fallout, I have an idea for Total Conversion that would take inspiration from it, actually from multiple games as well as movies involving giant insects.

I call my idea "Crawling Terrors".
It is inspired by old B horror/sci-fi movies such as "They!" and "Earth vs the Spider" as well as games such as Fallout 1, 2 etc, and "It came from the Desert"

This would be a FPS, hopefully with destructible environments in which the player must fight giant ants, spiders, scorpions and other bugs and arachnids that have become gigantic due to mutation by either atomic testing or a meteor from space or a combination of both.

The player assumes the role of a scientist/geologist (in B horror/sci-fi movies scientists can be action heroes) who was doing a survey and research in the South West when he/she discovers the existence of the Crawling Terror that now threaten a small town and could spread into the rest of the region unless they are stopped now.

The arsenal would consist of a pickaxe/shovel, pistol, shotgun, dynamite, and later on a military rifle, military machine gun, grenades, a flame thrower, and a bazooka.

The environments would include desert regions, a canyon, a 50s era South Western town, perhaps a dam, mines, a military base, an underground network of caverns, and a meteor crater/nuclear weapons testing ground.

Vehicle levels could also be included (if possible in zdoom/gzdoom) in which the player drives a truck, a jeep, and a tank, able to fight the giant insects and arachnids with these.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Snapmap for Doom/Doom II. For noob/lazy mappers. :D
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

You know, I've been thinking it might be cool if someone wrote one of those map-generators into a doom game to make something like what Unloved did...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Much as I loved Unloved the mod, I think the game itself *really* missed the mark, and am not too eager to see any of its components make it to real Doom. I really only kept my copy (instead of refunding it) as a "thank-you" to Blue Eagle for the work he did on the Doom mods - but I don't like the retail game one bit.

Besides - we have Slige and Oblige and other generators like that - there's no real need for any other procedural stuff.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Rachael wrote:Much as I loved Unloved the mod, I think the game itself *really* missed the mark, and am not too eager to see any of its components make it to real Doom. I really only kept my copy (instead of refunding it) as a "thank-you" to Blue Eagle for the work he did on the Doom mods - but I don't like the retail game one bit.

Besides - we have Slige and Oblige and other generators like that - there's no real need for any other procedural stuff.
The mapset in Doom is much better (despite the flaws) than the retailed game in my opinion.
TheZombie

Looking for team member(s) Project Cinemassacre

Post by TheZombie »

I am looking for team members to help be a part of this project. Between all the work and different aspects that need done, I alone, am overwhelmed. I need someone capable team member(s) who can do some weapon work and monster work. I am working with Mike from Cinemassacre to make this mod. I have the project outlined and can provide more information as needed. I refuse to release a crappy WAD. I want every aspect of this mod to be great and stunning. IF you are interested and passionate about Cinemassacre/AVGN or just making mods in general, please contact me.
Leave a reply or better yet, email me, SymposiumOfFilth@gmail.com

Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely
The Zombie

"Team CInemassacre"

P.S. I have been posting everywhere in the DooM community and not getting many results. This project is legit and will be seen by millions of people. If this is for you, please contact me ASAP.

Return to “General”