ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
tsukiyomaru0

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

So, I overheard this BZ say something about Seventeen Shotguns... And had an idea: A gameplay mod that turns every weapon into a weird shotgun version of it. Example:
A chainsaw that causes a short-ranged blast as you hold the attack button.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sounds a lot like "Too Many Shotguns"... but way more decent. :)

I myself was thinking of a shotgun-compilaiton mod, simply called "shotguns.pk3". The BFG would be some Russian Overkill-tier shotgun weapon... and there would be different types of shells you can pick up for different kinds of shotguns. :)

Here's another idea... so, Sgt. Shivers and Yholl came up with the ingenious idea of coming up with weapon sets for different prominent megawads...

My idea is this: what if we had mapsets for existing weapon mods? Yeah, I know... we'd need to find dedicated mappers. The only weapon mod I know that has some dedicated mapsets to it is Brutal Doom... but what if we did this same thing for mods like Project MSX, Guncaster, and Trailblazer?
BFG

Post by BFG »

Hexen 2 maps made for Hexen.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Warhammer 40,000/40K, Space Hulk themed mod.

I'm actually already working on it, extracting sounds for the Terminators, weapons and Tyranids. Just gotta put them together just right, then work on a map.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Devianteist wrote:Warhammer 40,000/40K, Space Hulk themed mod.
I think that there have been a few attempts at themed WADs but none that really did the job properly (as far as I know/remember). surprising really given how big 40K is and how well suited it would be to a Doom mod, especially Space Hulk.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Enjay wrote:
Devianteist wrote:Warhammer 40,000/40K, Space Hulk themed mod.
I think that there have been a few attempts at themed WADs but none that really did the job properly (as far as I know/remember). surprising really given how big 40K is and how well suited it would be to a Doom mod, especially Space Hulk.
Well then, I'm sure gonna give it a try, and I won't give up until I release at least some usable weapons. Since I posted this, I've been working on a Terminator playerclass, and so far it makes the appropriate sounds, and the Boltgun sounds marvelous.
Pardo

a Terminator themed gameplay mod

Post by Pardo »

would anybody be interested in a gameplay mod/TC inspired by the Terminator movies?
something where you play as the reprogrammed T-800 working for the resistance against the machines
the mod would replace the weapons with iconic weapons from the movies and the character sprites, also replace all the enemies with machines from the movies
and add Arnold quotes to the player

https://i.imgsafe.org/495e820c38.jpg

i have contacted Pillowblaster through PM and asked him if he was willing to work on commission but he refused
(yes i am willing to pay talented modders to make a mod like this for everyone to enjoy)
Last edited by wildweasel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image embed changed to a URL because the image is too large. Read the rules!
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

A levelset that's as obnoxiously early ZDoom as possible. As in, use of Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and Quake textures, warping and 3D water, slopes, particle fountains, ambient sounds, sparks, cameras, TERRAIN, random ACS, and maybe even enemies from Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, and of course a dark imp.

Dunno if it'd be just that or have some other overall gimmick like those abandoned arcade Doom or racing Doom mods, but I can only imagine the latter adding to the whole thing.
cambertian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cambertian »

A weapons mod based around a simple question: "What if Doom's weapon progression was mixed around?"

So you'd start with, say, a plasma rifle - weakened to match the pistol, of course - and end with, say, a type of rocket launcher.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

- weakened to match the pistol, of course -
Seems like defeating the purpose of the thing, really.

Unless you meant that only damage output is weakened and ROF stayed the same (with the damage being weakened even further to offset the painlock advantage), and other weapons were adjusted accordingly... RL doesn't damage you but is weakened slightly so it can only usually one-shot an imp or chaingunguy on a direct hit... BFG as a last-ditch slow-firing mass stun weapon with unlimited ammo that does dick-all damage but painlocks everything in a 20' radius for a few seconds... chainsaw as omnislashing room-clearer... but what to do with the SSG...
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Arctangent wrote:A levelset that's as obnoxiously early ZDoom as possible. As in, use of Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and Quake textures, warping and 3D water, slopes, particle fountains, ambient sounds, sparks, cameras, TERRAIN, random ACS, and maybe even enemies from Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, and of course a dark imp.

Dunno if it'd be just that or have some other overall gimmick like those abandoned arcade Doom or racing Doom mods, but I can only imagine the latter adding to the whole thing.
This made my day. :D

I have an idea for accurately recreating DOOM's upgrade system through the usage of damage types and specially coding monsters to do stuff. Now just trying to figure out if it should be totally stripped down, or if I should use Neccronixis's new weapon sprites...
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

a adea i have is to make a La-mulana stlye mapset.

In Case you don't know:La-Mulana is a metroidvania stlye game set on morden day that takes place on a tample (La-mulana itself).

What makes this a good idea is that the tample is not theme especific,one time you are in a egipitian stlye area next you are in a loop coridor for some reasson then you are in a lava cave.

Making something like this would reguire few but VERY LARGE maps that link each other,weapons optional.
Sgt Nate V

Post by Sgt Nate V »

I have one insane idea for a ZDoom mod. I call it Doom: Multiversal Warfare. The plot is this: The demons decide to invade three universes. The Mario universe, The Pac-man universe (PMATGA), and the Sonic universe. I plan to include 90's build style FMVs created in SFM, new weapons, new monsters, and voice acting. I will borrow SMIV's marine code for the allies, and code the new stuff myself. This mod will be HUGE. As preparation, I plan on making mods based on the three universes listed above for resources, with each ending on a connection to the main mod.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

That actually sounds legitimately awesome. :D

I'd play that.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

It also sounds like it's prime material to end up 4% done before you end up entirely burnt out with it.

It might be wise to cut down the feature list, and perhaps maybe even only try to make one of the universes at a time. With some forward thinking, it shouldn't be difficult to set it up in such a way that each universe is its own mod, which, if you completely all of them, can be combined without issue.

Then, even if you grow tired of the project after completing, say, the Sonic one, well hey you've still managed to finish a mod that works perfectly fine standalone, and should you ever return to the idea you'll have set it up in such a way that completing another part of it won't be a hassle.

Return to “General”