ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
VecterStroke

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by VecterStroke »

How about a compilation of monsters and weapons from different id titles such as quake 1 and 2? Similar to the generations mod for quake arena, but its in single player.

I'd call it the idThology.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

someone should make a mod based on this movie
Failsafe

Post by Failsafe »

I was thinking of one that was meant to portray the Blockland forums (Like that one that did the Doomworld forums)
or a Brutal Freedoom
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

I was thinking about how neat it'd be to see all the Doom levels in a pre-disaster setting.
No demons, no hell, no satan, just UAC workers and scientists going about their work, and you can talk to them about what they're doing, like as an inspector or something.

The same could be done as a post-disaster setting, with you watching over the rebuilding effort.

Perhaps Hell just so happens to be empty or devoid of any hostility and you can see what the scientists do as they explore?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sam and Max Doom.
Why is that Not a thing?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/8e/de ... 9e6804.jpg
I always dreamt of a proper First Person point and click adventure game, especially if it will be full of puzzles and null of shooting and killing. Sam and Max would be perfect doom mod to create such perfect masterpiece of combination of both best game modes. I'd imagine it would be really pain in the ass to create, though.
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Why is that Not a thing?
I always dreamt of a proper First Person point and click adventure game, especially if it will be full of puzzles and null of shooting and killing. Sam and Max would be perfect doom mod to create such perfect masterpiece of combination of both best game modes. I'd imagine it would be really pain in the ass to create, though.
Speaking of that, i had this idea of a point-and-click mod for a while where you play as a Cacodad trying to find his lost family.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

el armadillo2 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Why is that Not a thing?
Speaking of that, i had this idea of a point-and-click mod for a while where you play as a Cacodad trying to find his lost family.
So the whole adventure will consist of nothing more but talking with other NPC, trying to find certain items, walking around, solving puzzles, using certain items in right places, using logic and reason to advance?

I have no idea of what the hell is Cacodat but I already want it.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Been in sort of a Duke mood as of recently. I thought of making some sort of remake in the ZDoom engine, but I remembered how many times people attempted to make ZDuke's or whatever and how they never were finished because nobody thinks it's worth trying to remake a game, especially with the lack of room above rooms even though you could probably get it done with portals. (let alone expand upon the levels similar to that one Blood remake in projects as of recently) in a more limited mapping engine. I saved the idea of making at least a tech demo for an expanded Hollywood Holocaust.

But what I really got motivation to do is some sort of reimagining/retelling of the original 2 Duke games, Just considering how weird they are after Duke 3D and onward came out. I moreso got the idea from looking at LameDuke, which I heard was either a retelling or continuation of the original two games. (I had multiple sources telling me each of these, So correct me which one it is if you must.) I also figured it'd be easier trying to make levels based off/inspired by the enviroments and levels from the original games rather than trying to mostly recreate them one for one which is kind of what the Duke 3D remake would require, Nevermind it would offer up some creative liberties to get around how tedious making 3D floors can be. I especially had ideas of how the gameplay would be, relying on more projectile based weapons. Basically something more arcadey trying to keep in the spirit of the original Duke titles, while still trying to inject plenty of the Duke we know and love into it as well for the most part. It kind of helps I found some sprites of reimagined Duke 1 enemies on Duke4 today as well.

Hey, I just think this would be easier than trying to port maps PAST Hollywood Holocaust, which is something I've seen people attempt but not get far on.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Timesplitters 1 or Future Perfect weapons for Strife. Compatible with Doom.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

In keeping with trying to bring out oft-overlooked but definitely-in-there things about the Doom monsters, I've half a mind to randomly replace the arcvhiles in Hideous Destructor with caco-faced astral dreadnoughts.

They'll only appear in hell-themed levels, and will gradually wander over to the player's spawn point. If they engage the player first, it's a fairly normal fight to the death if by "normal" you mean a fast-moving uncloaked ninjapirate with ~2000 hitpoints and the ability to instakill a player with a headbite. And you can't quite look at it or it does the yokai thing.

If it reaches the player's spawnpoint, you have exactly half a second to distract it before it plays a little reach-and-snip animation... then you just start burning. Unkillable, but immobile, and just forever burning in a column of fire. You'd have to manually restart the entire level from your last save.

The number of times this happens would be saved in a cvar and every time you enter a hell level there is a chance you might find someone... unattached... out there...
Oznat

Post by Oznat »

An Advance Wars mod
crazyflyingdonut
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by crazyflyingdonut »

I have a great idea for a project! Or... at least I think it's great. The only way to determine if people actually think it's great is if I post it and wait to see how people react to it. Well, here goes...

My idea is like a crossover between many different classic FPS games. Like, we could have Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, and Blood all in the same game!

Imagine if the Demons and Zombies from Doom, the Aliens from Duke Nukem 3D, the Nazi's from Wolfenstein, and other enemies from related games teamed up to plan one big huge invasion.

I think the only problem is: What world will this be in? I mean, John Romero has confirmed that Doomguy and BJ are related so that's been solved. But would this take place in their world or in Duke's world?

As for playable characters, maybe there could be multiple?

Now that I think about it, this idea might need some more thought put into it. Of course, that could just be my opinion and someone else might feel more confident about this idea.
Assassin of Purity

A Duke Nukem 3D map pack for Doom to use the Duke 3D weapons on. It would be like a total conversion.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

Assassin of Purity wrote:A Duke Nukem 3D map pack for Doom to use the Duke 3D weapons on. It would be like a total conversion.
Or you could just play Duke Nukem 3D...? It's not like it's difficult to acquire a copy, or run said copy, on basically anything with a processor in it.
Assassin of Purity

wildweasel wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:A Duke Nukem 3D map pack for Doom to use the Duke 3D weapons on. It would be like a total conversion.
Or you could just play Duke Nukem 3D...? It's not like it's difficult to acquire a copy, or run said copy, on basically anything with a processor in it.
Aren't Atomic and Megaton edition not available on Steam anymore? The weapons and enemies are converted to Doom. Now what's left are the maps. Maybe new ones based off Duke 3D's could be made.

Return to “General”