ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

TheRailgunner wrote:Is jettisoning rooms something that's possible in GZDoom (or at least the simulation of such)?
If you make the room and its surrounding halls out 3D floors, or if you have it happen in a cutscene, or you just don't let the player see everything, this is easy to fake. I recently used a breif cutscene and sneaky teleporters to have a section detach from a spaceship and explode.
Maxed poin

Post by Maxed poin »

Another immoral conduct mod?
Maxed poin

Post by Maxed poin »

TOWER OF DEFIANCE is a doom mod i wanna make. It is about a military who have captured a ton of people and plan to kill them. One of them is you're son. You have to climb the mountain in an mspaint doom mod. Why i cannot make the mod: I suck at mspaint drawing.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hey, there actually is a zdoom port of Immoral Conduct that is open to changes on github with an open codebase... I put in a bit of work; It still needs friendly marines, turret bots, stuff like that, but it's pretty functional.

https://github.com/Snarboo/ICD-ZD/tree/snarboo

I did i think the pistol and the flak shotgun code on it, and some other little miscellaneous tweaks.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

Well I'm working On My Shadow Elite Project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/shadow-elite
You are a Conscript that ventures on a suicide mission where you have to stop a terrorist plot

STORY:
Spoiler:

I plan to add two more sequels. I already wrote the stories for both.

Shadow Elite: Origin Zero - Takes place 4 years before the events of the first Shadow Elite.

Shadow Elite 2: Renegade Theory - Takes place nearly a year after the events of the first Shadow Elite. It follows up on the continued story of the First Shadow Elite as well.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Doom but all sounds are trap sounds.
RockstarRaccoon

Graaicko wrote:Well I'm working On My Shadow Elite Project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/shadow-elite
Blah blah blah
This sounds less like a game, and more like a series of pulp fiction novels or something...
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

My plan is to connect the sequels that will present the story before and after the events of the first project. The mod will throw you in a conspiracy you will solve. Each sequel will tell its own story that is connected altogether through out Shadow Elite. Think of it like Metal Gear Solid, plot wise. You will have certain objectives to complete while battling enemies.
Each Shadow Elite will be their own .PK3.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

John Wick Doom.

Because Doomguy had enough of his crap when Daisy gets murdered by demons since his pet is his only thing to cope with his KIA partner (Crash). Pistols ftw.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

A semi open world cooperative game inspired by Hellgate London.
You have large hellspawn infested city map with giant hellish structure in the middle. The structure have a gate on each of it's 8 sides. City around the structure is divided into multiple maps, at least one for each gate. You move around the city freely but each time you move to different sector monsters revious map respawns. You need to find a way to open all the gates to the structure and defeat all 8 bosses. Once done you can enter the central part with final boss. The map should be semi persistent. Game should remember what bosses you defeated but rest of the map is always refreshed. You will be able to get progressivly stronger weapons and equipment. Which bosses you defeated would change the city around in some ways etc. There could be safehouses scattered around the city or some other places with NPCs.
With acame friend we up with this concept for a game today after months of struggling to get some project to work on. Ideally we would like this to became indie game, but I think making a DooM mod as a prototype can save us some time and resources if the concept doesn't work.
Working title is Project 72.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

A parody game opposite to Doom called Salvation (or something cheesy). Instead of fighting parodies of Hellspawn, you fight against parodies of Heavenly beings.
RockstarRaccoon

Amuscaria wrote:A parody game opposite to Doom called Salvation (or something cheesy). Instead of fighting parodies of Hellspawn, you fight against parodies of Heavenly beings.
This made me think of The Salvation War, by Stuart Slade.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Amuscaria wrote:A parody game opposite to Doom called Salvation (or something cheesy). Instead of fighting parodies of Hellspawn, you fight against parodies of Heavenly beings.
If demons from hell ever decided to invade using physical forms that's probably what they'd try to look like, come to think of it.

They could recruit all sorts of nasty or horribly misled people ("but you're brutally exterminating all these unbelievers so you guys must be the real deal!") and do a lot of damage through them while slowly corrupting the ones who aren't assholes to begin with ("but I guess mom's also an unbeliever so this should be okay...").

Everyone fighting them would be conditioned to hate everything angelic and heavenly.

(now wondering if it's time to commission some sprites for hd.......)
Maxed poin

Post by Maxed poin »

How about a mod where you work with AI. Like you are in a SWAT team and you have to go into a building with AI. Team mates that actually don't wander the map and go somewhere completely random. A mod like that.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

ZDoom's friendly AI doesn't actually "wander the map and go somewhere completely random," it tries to follow you if it has no target, otherwise it tries to track its target down. The issue is that Doom has no concept of pathfinding, so "follow" and "track" in this context means "gravitate towards like a very angry pinball." Some of the motion that seems aimless can be removed by making it so that a monster loses its target if it can't see it for a while - something ZDoom Wars does - so it won't try to walk towards an enemy it can't reach but also can't get line of sight of to attack, but overall AI companions that can actually navigate the map and form something vaguely akin to a plan is still seemingly a loooooong way to go.

Return to “General”