ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

wildweasel wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:Suggestion: Download the Die Hard games from PSX (preferably Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas), analyze the weapons in there and try to find counterparts around.
Or the IMFDB page.
...Didn't someone make a full Die Hard TC at some point?
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

GAA1992 wrote:Suggestion: Download the Die Hard games from PSX (preferably Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas), analyze the weapons in there and try to find counterparts around.

i am making mp5
ak4

can any of you volunteer to help me test and experience the weapons

i am using brutal doom as base ... i will never take credit for anything but the skins
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can someone tell me ... in brutal doom there are special weapons how do you ever get to them?
because they more then the standard wepaons?

do enemies drop two or theree versions of the same gun?
RockstarRaccoon

shadstarn wrote:can someone tell me ... in brutal doom there are special weapons how do you ever get to them?
because they more then the standard wepaons?

do enemies drop two or theree versions of the same gun?
You have to kill them a certain way, but this is a bad thread to ask about that.
RockstarRaccoon

You know, I was looking at some Harmony stuff earlier, and thinking it'd be pretty cool if someone went in and updated the maps, weapons, and graphics in GZDoom.

Things that really stood out:
- The pistol uses a single, 3-shot graphic, when it could use 3 1-shot graphics and work better for it.
- The enemies have models lying around somewhere... Why not swap the sprites for MD3s?
- Pretty sure there are a few things, like crates, that could stand to be replaced with MD3s.
- Lighting effects
- Some of the areas could have more impressive details.
- Under Water wasn't a thing in Harmony, if I remember correctly.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

IIRC the models are of the clay kind and not something you can open in blender.
RockstarRaccoon

zrrion the insect wrote:IIRC the models are of the clay kind and not something you can open in blender.
Yeah, I'd forgotten that. Still, I'd like to see it...
DoomerBlazkowicz

Re: Nightmare Survival DC : Rainbow Factory "REMAKE"

Post by DoomerBlazkowicz »

wildweasel wrote:
DoomerBlazkowicz wrote:The mod is really great but i decided to "Remading" the mod. While i take a break from that mod for 1 month and i returned that mod. The first of i added new enemies.

New enemies:
Various Scientist's (Male, Female)
Hazmat Zombie
ZSec

New sounds from:
Wolfenstein Series (including Bethesda ver.)
Black Mesa
Doom Series
Blood
Zdoom
And More...

New weapons:
Fists: Sprites Chanced and new sprites for Berserk mode
Chainsaw: Original mod's Chainsaw, with new improved New sprites, New sounds (especialy hitting the wall sound) And new ammo type "Gasoline".
Pistol: Original doom pistol with wolfenstein handed (Sprites edited of course).
Saiga 12: A Kalashlikov styled assault shotgun.
Mp5: A smg with close range and better accuarcy and grenade launcher mod.
Chaingun: Chaingun a heavy machine gun with no good accuarcy, but strong and fast firing.
Rocket launcher (Wolf3d style): Classic mini Rocket launcher, Pistol sized, Firing mini rockets, and projectiles are fast the old ones (wolfenstein 3d style :3)
Tesla Gun: Much powerfull than the plasmarifle from original mod, 2 fire mode's first "Full auto", and second one is "Big electric projectile" (From blood but re sprited)
BFG9000: Ahhh... a Doom classic (Doom 3 version from original mod Blyat).
Rainbow Gun: The original versions is really great (including Mark 2), Weapon is improved, and turn into Rainbow Rail Gun (Just like LaserKraftWerk)
Rainbow Gun Mark 2: Mark 2 is Useless for being same to original one, and i made into a "energy weapon" (Same to Lasergewehr)

New Bosses: Comming soon :D
My apologies, but unless you have something to show and can start your own thread, I'd prefer stuff like this to go in the Project Ideas thread instead of hijacking someone else's.
Sorry i starting to making new one
Link: Soon...
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Archvile Puzzle.
Map (or several maps) that has archviles closed in closets and dead monsters lying around. To progress the level, you must release archviles. After an archvile is released, you cannot kill him immediately (no reach/no ammo). So to prevent them from resurrecting everything, you have to use Dragging corpses.

As this mod would attract more attention to corpses, maybe add Simple Mirrored Monsters or Advanced Mirrored Monsters.
Last edited by m8f on Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I have plenty of ideas for Doom mods but no time to even attempt modding, let alone figure out if they are even possible, so they can go here in case someone finds them interesting(incoming wall of text):

*A mod that recreates the style of the popular arcade rail shooter The House Of The Dead:
-All monsters are replaced with Romero style zombies
-The player character's moving speed is above average fast...but when a zombie is A)within a certain proximity to the player and B)alert and chasing them, the player's speed drops to almost immobile, meaning the only way to survive when a zombie targets you is to fight it out (the idea being to replicate the inexplicable tendency of HOTD protagonists to stand still even as hordes of zombies advance toward them)
-Zombies replacing certain monsters (eg Revenants) have ranged attacks in the form of projectiles. All projectiles home, and when one is actively seeking the player, your speed once again reduces to give no chance of dodging. The only way to avoid a projectile is to shoot it down (projectiles are solid objects that can be shot and destroyed)
-Bosses use headshot mechanics so that they are only vulnerable to being shot in one part of their anatomy.

*A gun that replicates the arcade rail shooter trope of "shooting outside the screen to reload"; intended for the above mod but could be used in anything:
-Is a hitscan weapon that is perfectly accurate, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, and has unlimited ammo, but must be reloaded every 6 - 10 shots.
-However, not only is reloading not automatic, reloading is not done by simply pressing a key.
-Instead, floating next to the player at all times (moving with you, but not rotating with you so you can look towards or away from it) is a small sign with "SHOOT HERE TO RELOAD" written on it. Aiming at it and pulling the trigger instantly refills the clip instead of firing. Successfully reloading in this manner causes the sign to disappear and reappear on a different random side of you, forcing you to look for it again everytime you want to reload.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

death wish doom tc, or a paul kersey weapon mod. that would be cool.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

I would like to see a weapon mod that is like a copy of a trapper vehicle in twisted metal small brawl, basically you throw one monkey minion and upon hitting the target it multiplies into 2, 2 multiplies into 4 and finally 4 multiplies into 8 and those 8 don't multiply with each monkey being homing at the same time...stupid idea I know :cry:
Spoiler:
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

Not sure if it's been done yet, but I wanna make a Playable Caco mod
You have infinite flight and every enemy you kill gives you souls allowing you to upgrade your caco with new abilities
Like if you kill a chaingunner you get rapid fire or if you kill a cyber demon you get rocket shots or pain elemental allows you to summon baby cacos
It wouldn't be a very big mod but it could be fun
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I'd like to see forks of, or an All-In-One of, WADSmoosh for the following games...

Freedoom: Phases 1 and 2
Hexen: Beyond Heretic (merged with Deathkings of the Dark Citadel)
Strife: Quest for the Sigil (merged with Voices.WAD)
Compressor utilities for other games (Heretic, Chex Quest, HACX)

(EXAMPLE TEXT)
Welcome to WADSmoosh vX.xxx!
Which WADs would you like to merge and/or compress?

1) Doom Classic Complete
2) Hexen Complete
3) Strife Consolidated
4) Freedoom Phases 1+2
5) Other...
6) Quit

Select a number and press ENTER: _

(OTHER)
Which game would you like to compress?

1) Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
2) Chex Quest 3
3) HACX
4) Go Back...
5) Quit

Select a number and press ENTER: _
cloud6625

Post by cloud6625 »

I've been mulling over the idea of 3 large survival horror/metroidvania styled maps split between 3 chapters. they're all massive, interconnected maps with tons of blocked areas and locked off doors requiring specific items or upgrades in order to continue further, such as obtaining the ability to jump higher or survive in the toxic liquids. There would be minor puzzle and platforming elements, ammo and supplies would be scarce, enemies would be fewer in number, but far deadlier.

You would play as a UAC scientist that wakes up next to the portal the demons originally sprouted out from. Being knocked unconscious by the blast, and thought to be dead with the rest. The whole idea of the first chapter/map is to escape Mars in a space ship and return to earth. However, upon trying to return, your ship is shot down and crashes on the moon base of Phobos.

This would start chapter 2 or map 2. The puzzles would get more deadly and complex, the more dangerous enemies would start to be introduced, and the upgrades unlock previously would make the level design a bit more diverse and vertical. From here you make your way to a portal to earth built by the demons.

The final chapter 3 or map 3 would have the player making it to earth with larger, more open environments, and slightly more involved combat, closer resembling typical Doom gameplay while still being a bit more non linear and containing puzzle elements. This all culminates with an eventual team up with the Doom Slayer to stop the Icon of Sin where all of the restraints are gone and the normal Doom gameplay returns in explosive glory.

The main issues to tackle would be to create a working and more accurate map than the wire-frame map Doom currently has. One that functions very similarly to a typical Metroid map. Making the new powerups for your character that are permanent and remembered across all three chapters. Possible cut-scenes for more of the important events. Heavy modification of the enemies in doom to make them more aggressive and deadly as well as removing all hitscan elements as they would not be fair for this type of gameplay style.

Some other Possible, but not absolutely needed additions, would be of a rudimentary inventory system for key items and carry-able healing items, and the implementation of save points rather than manual saving.

This is definitely a very ambitious idea, but I am all for attempting to create it. My only issue currently is learning the ins and outs of Doom Builder II and Slade 3, as I am only a lowly artist as of now, but I have been studying and tinkering with the tools...

Return to “General”