Could you try out my new map?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

In the matter of the "Too small linedefs to select", I suggest you press the "L" key to turn on linedef mode, so you can select only linedefs. "V", "T" and "S" are vertex, thing and sector modes, to select only them. This helps, if you want to move specific things in a detailed area. "N" allows you to select all things.
Michty

Post by Michty »

Thanks a lot! The missing textures weren't the problem, I guess it was a sector that was closed improperly.

Yeah, it's kind of a prison level. I'm going to add some ZDoom features and make it so that you've requested backup in a radio that the captors forgot to take away, and that marines use an orbital strike. Great scope for ruins, sparks, dark hallways. Only a small part will be really prison-like. It's just a small base, with 4 prison rooms (one for each player in coop). I've not looked at the changes you made yet, but if I like them, I'll keep them, and credit you.

Thanks again.

Don't be surprised if I ask you to help me with more problems soon, though.

Before I forget, is a prefab a saved object? I could make the bed a prefab (if you can in wadauthor) and save myself the bother of having to make a bed anytime I need one.
Michty

Post by Michty »

Thanks a lot. I quite like the toilet, but I might resize/retexture it. Thanks a lot for sorting out the error.
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Michty wrote: Before I forget, is a prefab a saved object? I could make the bed a prefab (if you can in wadauthor) and save myself the bother of having to make a bed anytime I need one.
Actually, prefabs are only for single sectors only, Wadauthor can remember their lighting, floor and ceiling textures, floor and ceiling heights and wall textures. But not the size or placement of the sector. If you want another bed, just press "S" to go to sectors mode, select the sectors of the bed and CTRL+C (Copy). Then just paste. Not that Copy-Pasting often crashes WadAuthor, for reasons not known to me, so save often!
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Hmm... a good map. You managed to make a very detailed level. This map actually reminded me somewhat of Serious Sam, with the hordes of enemies... I enjoyed it. Not sure if there's anything I can tell you about this map that's bad.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I WILL BE TEH THIRD PERSON TO POST IN THIS TOPIC, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:twisted:
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Nice!
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Nice map! I completed it in 2 tries on skill 4. The first time, one of the revenants teleported, which I couldn't do much about. Then I got killed when I teleported myself. Second time he didn't teleport, and then it was an easy encounter.

Really nice map, the only thing I didn't like was that every room was crammed with stuff. But maybe that's just because I'm not used to it. The map is pretty short, but still fun. I could imagine the dark passage at the end be the entry to a larger cave system. At any rate, I was preparing for the worst :)

At the second secret I was overwhelmed by clues, so it took me a while to find the real clue, hehe.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

Just one word, guys - IRC
Michty

Post by Michty »

Wow, looks like somebody else finally posted! We got to the 2nd page without anybody else joining in :D.

Oh, mephisto, here's the latest version of capture. Haven't done much in the last few days because I was staying with a friend. Please ignore the hallways texture misalignments and bad texture choice, I only put it there to make the door. My next move will be to re-haul the hallway and make 3 other cells (for coop starts). There is a slight HOM on the toilet which I will soon fix... Tell me what you think so far.
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Well, nicely done toilet and stuff, ACS is used, too, the toilet HOM is missing a texture.
Well, if you plan to make four jail cells, then just copy the entire room four times and then just connect the vertexes. That would save a LOT of time.
Michty

Post by Michty »

That's exactly the way I intend to do it. I'll make some changes to the cells, though. Next thing after that will be a small control room with security cameras letting you view the cells and other areas....

Return to “General”