Doom Kart - Looking for Volunteers.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby deathz0r » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:12 am

Pure Hellspawn wrote:It brings memories of Zoom
Speaking of which, it brings me memories of the REAL DoomKart that was (hah) never finished. We're talking 2002-ish here kiddies.
User avatar
deathz0r
ftw
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Land with them kangaroo

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:18 am

solarsnowfall wrote:Thanks Risen, that means a lot.

Are you going to really work on this project and create a complete DoomKart game out of that? If yes - as I mentioned before - I really apply as a mapper for this because the idea is awesome and I'd love to be involved and participate :)
User avatar
Tormentor667
needs more detail
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Postby edward850 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:21 am

I would love to join to, I have never been in a project before and this would be cool, also, my ACS skills are l33t to the max!
User avatar
edward850
[netcode intensifies]
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand

Postby solarsnowfall » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:52 am

deathz0r wrote:Speaking of which, it brings me memories of the REAL DoomKart that was (hah) never finished. We're talking 2002-ish here kiddies.

Was it ever even begun? Fake screenshots (which is all I've ever seen of it) don't count as actual supbstance. Are there any resources available that might hasten my progress? I looked high and low, but as far as I could tell this "REAL" Doom Kart you speak of simply does not exist.

Let's talk about real progress here. I've got the control system and basic "physics" worked out, the track lap and positioning system, and a nice working replica of the Kart selection menu done. Things I still have to work on inclucde expansion of my bare boned inter-map system, a title screen, actual tracks, sprites sprites sprites, and then a track selection system.
User avatar
solarsnowfall
 
Joined: 30 Jun 2005

Postby Risen » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:38 am

It sounds pretty awesome. I'd offer to help, but my time is pretty restricted right now. However, if there's anything you think you can use my help on, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
User avatar
Risen
 
Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Location: N44°30' W073°05'

Postby jallamann » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 am

edward850 wrote:also, my ACS skills are l33t to the max!

ahahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahaahahahahahahahahhahahhahahaha
User avatar
jallamann
isn't very active on the forums at all
 
Joined: 24 May 2004
Location: Ålesund, Norway

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:12 am

I can't see a single player mode happening in this unless it's time trial
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Not dead
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom

Postby TheDarkArchon » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:23 am

edward850 wrote:my ACS skills are l33t to the max!


Proof plz.
User avatar
TheDarkArchon
OUT!
 
Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Location: Some cold place

Postby Phobus » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:18 am

I'm with T667 here for mapping. I'll gladly join in on this. Oh, and edward, shut up. Saying "I'm great" doesn't mean anything if we don't have evidence for that. Also, solarsnowfall is doing most of the ACS work. He'll just want some mappers to put together something at the end.
User avatar
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker
 
Joined: 05 May 2005
Location: London

Postby deathz0r » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:36 pm

solarsnowfall wrote:Was it ever even begun?
Yes. Maps exist for it, as do (almost) entire sprite replacements.
Are there any resources available that might hasten my progress?
Not publically, but it is sitting on my hard drive.
User avatar
deathz0r
ftw
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Land with them kangaroo

Postby solarsnowfall » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:37 pm

deathz0r wrote:(almost) entire sprite replacements.

Replacements? Replacing what, exactly? I'll assume you meant sprite sets, for new actors. That almost suggests the use of existing Doom actors with replaced sprites... But surely you don't mean this.
Not publically, but it is sitting on my hard drive.

Then if I ask you, pretty please, would you share them with me? I would most likely benefit from any sprites that were created, but I can't really say until I've seen them. Maps, on the other hand, are a different story. They may not work well with the scripted system I'm working on. I'm still figuring out how to make tracks work well with the way the karts move and slide about, what's a reasonable turn, what's a more difficult turn, that sort of thing.

So, what do you say?

@Offers of help: Thanks. It would be irresponsible at this point enlist the help of others for this project. I appreciate your enthusiasm, and will keep (most of) you in mind when the time comes.
User avatar
solarsnowfall
 
Joined: 30 Jun 2005

Postby deathz0r » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:01 am

solarsnowfall wrote:I'll assume you meant sprite sets, for new actors.
Sorry, my bad. Yes, I meant sprite sets.
Then if I ask you, pretty please, would you share them with me? I would most likely benefit from any sprites that were created, but I can't really say until I've seen them.
Ask Ralphis over at Doomworld, he made them.
User avatar
deathz0r
ftw
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Land with them kangaroo

Postby Chromen » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:40 pm

awsome demo man cant wait for the full realse,
i was goin throw my resoures and i found something that mite be usefull
Image
User avatar
Chromen
hmm grenadelauncher and shotgun combo hmm
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Austraila

Postby Kinsie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:23 am

I might try and slap together a map or two for this mod. No promises of completion or quality, though :)
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby edward850 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:25 am

ill do so aswell, after i can find myself an online ftp
User avatar
edward850
[netcode intensifies]
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 2 guests