where to find the best and tough doom2 wads?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby cccp_leha » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:31 pm

"This week's /newstuff was rather crappy. The best level this week is 'cyberoom512.wad'. Although this is no candy bar, at least it works. Enjoy."
:)
cccp_leha
Words are silver; silence is gold... so stfu.

Postby Curunir » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:28 am

/me curls up in a corner and cries. :cry:
Not again! The countless wads flooding all the servers, all the crap. The burning memories of dialup and huge downloads full of 3-room maps with no texture alignment and theme whatsoever. *cries more*
Curunir
In heaven everything is fine

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Lexus Alyus » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:00 am

Why do people make such shit levels though? It's a pontless waste of their time and everyone elses... I don't get it, I honestly don't get it...

:evil:
Lexus Alyus
One day, I may actually release something...

Postby HotWax » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:41 pm

Lexus Alyus wrote:Why do people make such shit levels though? It's a pontless waste of their time and everyone elses... I don't get it, I honestly don't get it...

:evil:

Because they're 12, they're not familiar with map posting etiquette, and they're very very proud of their brand new level and want to share it.

And I speak from the perspective of one who was once that 12-year old. Although my level was not 2 rooms with 50 cyberdemons, it WAS pretty crappy, with no common theme, and some really dumb tricks that I built the level around (rather than the other way around). And then, like that proud 12-year old, I uploaded it for all to see. Ugh.

Please don't ask me to tell you where to get it ...
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Curunir » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:19 pm

Of course we will ask you! :D
I also played Cyb's early megawads. Tons of shit, I must say. :wink:
But now that I'm acquainted with his outstanding new works, his old stuff has sentimental value. So, linkie please! :P
Curunir
In heaven everything is fine

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Anonymous » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:38 pm

so u guys like wads that filled wiht swiches and tricks or sudden surprise ................

or........just rooms full of bad-ass monsters?
Anonymous

Previous

Return to General