ATTN Randy: Moderators

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby Mighty Duck X-treme » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:33 pm

Quite.

Just like that. :P
Mighty Duck X-treme
Why am I always talking to myself?
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri

Postby Enjay » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:43 am

Ultraviolet wrote:The ability to silence people.


Whatever happened to:

I may not like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire


Doesn't apply to forums I guess. :P
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Postby Sphagne » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:03 am

Randy, if you think the boards are taking alot of your time please think about another moderator, manager or whatever you may call him, but please do not let managing the site take your time from actual ZDoom developement. OK?
User avatar
Sphagne
Just me, nothing more
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Postby Ultraviolet » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:48 am

Mighty Duck X-treme wrote:Quite.

Just like that. :P

If that's gonna work, you've got to spell it right.

Enjay: Well duh. :D
User avatar
Ultraviolet
AKA "Faint"
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: PROJECT DETAILS CLASSIFIED.

Postby Randy110887 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:32 pm

Why don't we wait and see if it's necessary to have mods. However, if zdoom forums gain a lot of new members, then it porbably would be a good idea.
User avatar
Randy110887
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003

Postby Mighty Duck X-treme » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:41 pm

Ultraviolet wrote:If that's gonna work, you've got to spell it right.


quite: ETYMOLOGY: Middle English, from quite, clear, free, from Old French, from Latin quitus, freed.

See also quiet.
Mighty Duck X-treme
Why am I always talking to myself?
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri

Postby Sphagne » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:08 pm

:P vs :p
User avatar
Sphagne
Just me, nothing more
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Postby sirjuddington » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:19 am

These forums shouldn't need mods. They were just fine before, and so hopefully we'll not see any change for the worse (although IMO they have already gotten a bit out of hand :()
User avatar
sirjuddington
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Location: Australia
Discord: sirjuddington#7496
Github ID: sirjuddington

Postby Mannequin » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:03 pm

So, what I'm seeing here is that a majority of the people that are posting are saying to wait until this newer forum develops before making any rash decisions about having moderators.

It's too bad there is a lot of arguing going on in the forums right now...
User avatar
Mannequin
"Because today is the car of the cdr of your life."
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: On The Lonely Island somewhere.

Postby Ultraviolet » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:53 pm

Forums are meant for argument and dissemanation of knowledge, which usually causes more argument. What the hell would "discussion" be without argument? A bunch of yes-men gathering to waste bandwidth, that's what. There's a difference between arguing and flaming. Know it.
User avatar
Ultraviolet
AKA "Faint"
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: PROJECT DETAILS CLASSIFIED.

Postby Mighty Duck X-treme » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:14 am

I agree with Ultraviolet. There was a MASSIVE flamewar at Doomworld last year after Linguica lost his trust with Master Lüt and banned him (it was a sad one too, since he was crazy at that time). The hurricane began with him saying that he wasn't done with Ling yet.

But, now that Lüt's back to being an admin, it's best to put the past aside.
Mighty Duck X-treme
Why am I always talking to myself?
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri

Postby bimshwel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:29 am

I know. I heard about that on Nightline.
User avatar
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: misplaced
Discord: bimshwel #7516

Postby randomlag » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:43 am

Ultraviolet wrote: A bunch of yes-men gathering to waste bandwidth, that's what. There's a difference between arguing and flaming. Know it.
Couldn't have said it better myself :D
User avatar
randomlag
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003

Postby Ultraviolet » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:11 pm

randomlag wrote:
Ultraviolet wrote: A bunch of yes-men gathering to waste bandwidth, that's what. There's a difference between arguing and flaming. Know it.
Couldn't have said it better myself :D

Couldn't have agreed with myself better myself.
User avatar
Ultraviolet
AKA "Faint"
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: PROJECT DETAILS CLASSIFIED.

Postby Mannequin » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:52 pm

Ultraviolet wrote:Forums are meant for argument and dissemanation of knowledge, which usually causes more argument. What the hell would "discussion" be without argument? A bunch of yes-men gathering to waste bandwidth, that's what. There's a difference between arguing and flaming. Know it.


There's a difference between what I meant, and what you read. I meant that there was a lot of arguing going on that had nothing to do with ZDoom, it wasn't constructive to this forum and should be argued out in email or something else.

What you meant, I assume, was argument over ZDoom and related concepts. That is all well and good, and I support it.

Edited:

There's a difference between arguing and flaming. Know it.


Oops, missed that part... I got what you meant, and you said it better than I. 8-)
User avatar
Mannequin
"Because today is the car of the cdr of your life."
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: On The Lonely Island somewhere.

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests