Randomization

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Anonymous

Randomization

Post by Anonymous »

Just looking for some community feedback here:

Has anyone ever tried out one of the programs that randomizes enemy and/or item placement? I've never tried them, myself, but it sounds like a great way to increase Doom's replayability value. However, personally, I could imagine a myriad of problems that would arise from using such a program (such as finding an arachnotron stuck in a too-narrow corridor). If someone has used one of these little programs, how well did it work? Would you recommend one for those looking to replay familiar areas of Doom?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

most of LWMs stuff is heavily randomized... look at that stuff if you want an idea of random
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I used one of those progs waaaaay back when there was only Doom. It was quite good, but every now and again you would find a caco stuck to something.

Haven't tried one for ages, but I am a little surprised no-one has made a modern GUI driven version of one of these. I guess you could kind of create your own using a custom response file for one of the Doom-Heretic-Doom2-Whatever conversion programs.
SargeBaldy

Post by SargeBaldy »

you can find a few of 'em here.

Return to “General”