Lumpy Goodness

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby sirjuddington » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:50 pm

Heh, well I'm thinking once I get this tree view working properly I'll add the option for a list view too. I dunno how long it'll take to get it all going since VC is much more... complex to work with than VB ;)
sirjuddington

Discord: sirjuddington#7496
Github ID: sirjuddington

Postby randomlag » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:31 am

FYI: you can do treeviews in VB too if that helps any?

MSComctlLib.TreeView
randomlag

Postby sirjuddington » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:40 pm

Heh yeah I know, I just moved to VC because VB is rather slow. Try opening up textures in the latest VB version to see what I mean :P

Although, if I could get VB to read the damn things properly I'd probably continue using it, because with stupid MFC I can't make a resizable textbox...
sirjuddington

Discord: sirjuddington#7496
Github ID: sirjuddington

Postby SargeBaldy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:14 pm

Hmm, I think VB is perfectly capable of being fast.. just look at wintex and doom builder's 2d editing as examples :P
Last edited by SargeBaldy on Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SargeBaldy
my password is grapefruit6

Postby randomlag » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:16 pm

VB is actually pretty fast since it's now really compiled. Not that it matters if you are going to VC, but IMO it's the code not VB at fault. That's just an observation and meant as help, nothing more. Look at DB to see how he did it since it seems to work ok there (I'm assuming he did it in VB). There were also various VB editors in the past (before it was real compiled code) that were actually fairly fast. One called "The Real Thing" was pretty damn good.
randomlag

Previous

Return to General