Quake

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Postby Chilvence » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:30 pm

Yeah, some dummy flechette graphic lumps could be put in zdoom.wad to represent the other two types in normal hexen.
Chilvence
I had been waiting for Doomscript....

Postby Nanami » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:35 pm

Yes, and if these graphics are found in the wad they're used in place of the normal Hexen ones. This is a fantastic idea, I think Randy should do it...

For example:

ARTIPSBG - Default
ARTIFFLC - Replaces the fighter's inventory graphic, if found
ARTICFLC - Replaces the poison bag inventory graphic, if found
ARTIMFLC - Replaces the mage's inventory graphic, if found
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby randi » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:10 pm

Okay. ARTIPSB1, ARTIPSB2, and ARTIPSB3 it is (to go with ArtiPoisonBag1, ArtiPoisonBag2, and ArtiPoisonBag3). They will be used in place of ARTIPSBG if they are present.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Nanami » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:10 pm

Haha, sweet! ^_^ You're the man Randy!
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:11 pm

randy wrote:Okay. ARTIPSB1, ARTIPSB2, and ARTIPSB3 it is (to go with ArtiPoisonBag1, ArtiPoisonBag2, and ArtiPoisonBag3). They will be used in place of ARTIPSBG if they are present.

Randy is my hero.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Nanami » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:15 pm

Never! Randy is my hero! Get your own! =P

*hugs Randy*
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby HotWax » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:17 pm

Nanami wrote:Never! Randy is my hero! Get your own! =P

*hugs Randy*

Hey dammit, there's enough Randy to go around . . .
Disclaimer: This post is in no way inferring that Randy is an overweight pig.
Disclaimer to the Disclaimer: The above Disclaimer in no way infers that I have anything against fat pigs.
(Either figuratively or in reference to actual animals. Oink.)
HotWax

Postby cccp_leha » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:39 pm

HotWax wrote:Hey dammit, there's enough Randy to go around . . .
Disclaimer: This post is in no way inferring that Randy is an overweight pig.
Disclaimer to the Disclaimer: The above Disclaimer in no way infers that I have anything against fat pigs.
(Either figuratively or in reference to actual animals. Oink.)

ROFL
cccp_leha
Words are silver; silence is gold... so stfu.

Postby Sphagne » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:38 pm

Hey HotWax why mumble to yourself, say it loader for us to hear! :wink:
Sphagne
Just me, nothing more

Postby MartinHowe » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:12 am

Liam wrote: Plus, you have to admit, the Wraithverge is the most impressive weapon in the game...

I wonder if I could port that thing over to Doom...

It's been done!! Captain Mellow did an EDGE wad for it. Look under http://www.doomworld.com/mellow/ and then look under Valkyrie.

I know of at least one DOOM one based on the BFG somewhere. In fact, of the various HeXen in DOOM conversions, WraithVerge --> BFG is probably so obvious one wonders why it wasn't tried earlier.

I *love* the WraithVerge it is sooooo cooool! It is like the Tin Whistle in "The Knight And Knave Of Swords" (if I could only draw loads of evil cat spirits...).

I don't remember the original, but I did a "personal view" of the whole thing based mostly on Herian and Heredoom.

Never released publicly because it used a lot of work done by other people and I did it purely for my own desire to fight Heretic monsters in Doom. I felt that D'Sparil was better off as the spider and maulator as the cyber.

If anyone's interested get it here: http://freespace.virgin.net/mc.howe/martin/ravenfx.htm . It is purely sprite based so it won't interfere with any DEH patches you might normally use. It uses the obvious mappings: maceofcontrition=fist, poweredupstaff=chainsaw, elfwand=pistol, bow=shotguns, serpentstaff=chaingun, phoenixrod=rocketlauncher, hellstaff=plasmarifle, wraithverge=bfg. There's monsters and a few scenery items, but you could remove them with WinTex.

BTW I agree with all the HeXen bashers here as regards the puzzle-solving. I have never played all the way through HeXen and will have to wait until have a free year or two on my hands :P
MartinHowe
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN

Postby HotWax » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:25 pm

Er, since ZDoom inately supports the WraithVerge (and every other Hexen weapon), you can just import the appropriate graphics into Doom, then summon it to use it exactly as it works in Hexen. No complex patches or EDGE-features required. :P
HotWax

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:28 pm

Are you sure? I don't know myself, but in non-Hexen games, the player is considered to be the Fighter class, and the Fighter can't pick up non-fighter weapons(including the Cleric's WraithVerge). Although maybe ZDoom is smart enough and lets the Doomguy and Hereticelf pickup all weapons..
Chris

Postby Nanami » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:34 pm

ZDoom allows you to use any weapon from any game under any circumstance. ZooM has all the Doom weapons as well as the cleric's firestorm, the mage's frost shards, the heretic dragonfist and skull rod, and probably other stuff I forgot about.

I'm sure if you wanted you could give a Hexen class all the weapons.
Nanami
Natdhipytadd

Postby HotWax » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:08 am

Chris wrote:Are you sure?

In a word, YES! :D
HotWax

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:13 am

From AMageWeapon::TryPickup:

// The Doom and Hexen players are not excluded from pickup in case
// somebody wants to use these weapons with either of those games.

If you want to give a Hexen weapon to a player of another class you'd have to use a script, however. Although they cannot pick up the weapon there is nothing that prevents them from using it.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

PreviousNext

Return to General