NEWBY...... help?!?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

NEWBY...... help?!?

Postby leakysneaker » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:46 am

Trying to play over the internet. XP machine, DSL connection. I get a "ECORESET" ZDOOM FATAL ERROR. What can I do to get this to work. What info can I give you to help?
Thanks!
leakysneaker

Postby Biff » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:14 pm

Zdoom version?
Can play solo?
Trying to act as host or client?
Your complete command line?
What problems does your partner report?
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Postby leakysneaker » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:49 pm

Vs. 1.22
If I "host" ...nuthin' happens. If I "join" I get the fatal error message. I can play single no problem.... <AND> it works if I use a dial-up internet account. Could it be my firewall through my DSL account? My opponent and his son can play without problems. I tried command lind and the ZDOOM launcher with the same results.
Thanks for any help.
leakysneaker

Postby Bio Hazard » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:55 pm

1.22 is old
is he using 2.0.xx?
use "unleashed"
your welcome :p
Bio Hazard
Lord of the Lord of Nitpicking.

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:52 pm

Concerning ZDoom Launcher from the ZDoom Launcher Message Board

Old launcher status, and new launcher
Posted by Jeffrey Cuenco on 5/15/2002, 9:42 pm

Yes, I'm not dead, I'm alive, but for the past few years I've been a little too busy to work on the launcher unfortunately (alright and lazy too), but it's also because I wasn't really satisfied with how I had developed it; it was sloppy and I actually used the project as a way to learn C++, so the code is sloppy. Now I'm part of the Skulltag team, and have been working on a launcher for that, however I do have to make a launcher prototype first, so there is a possibility I could still make a new ZDoom launcher. I'll keep everyone posted on that when I am able to get around to it, until then I just wanted to let everyone know that the current launcher program project is dead. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh, also I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people regarding the use of ZDoom itself. Know that I didn't make ZDoom, but just made a launcher (frontend) for it. If you have any questions regarding ZDoom itself you should e-mail Randy Heit, his e-mail address can be found on the ZDoom official site.

and as Bio Hazard just mentioned

Bio Hazard wrote: ... use "unleashed"

link ==>> http://www.martin2k.co.uk/vb6/exes/unleashed.php
Kappes Buur

Postby leakysneaker » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:29 am

<<< P R O B L E M S O L V E D ! ! >>>
It was a fire wall issue.. Lowered my security to zip and viola, I'm up n' runnin'.
Re: Vs 2.0.... do I just get the "cab" file? If so, which one?
Thanks, again.
leakysneaker

Postby Enjay » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:32 am

Yes, you just get the cab.

52.cab (use winzip or even Windows explorer to open it and extract the files)
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby HotWax » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:33 pm

Erm... Lowering your security "to zip" just so you can play ZDoom might not be the best idea. I would recommend getting ZoneAlarm (it's free) and use it in place of your firewall. It will allow you to set ZDoom (or anything else) as a trusted program so that it can do what it needs to do, while still protecting you from unwanted communication either to or from your computer.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Biff » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:35 pm

Either that or he may be able to simply forward port 5029 through the firewall to his computer.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Return to General