Quake 3 to Doom conversions

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Quake 3 to Doom conversions

Post by Curunir »

I have been working on these 3 maps and they're pretty much complete now. Small Q3 Tier 1 maps - Ranger's, Sarge's, Mynx+Orbb's. I might get round to making House of Pain as well someday. I would love some feedback on the maps. They are the only ones I have ever made and were made in the same order as they appear ingame.
The first one was vanilla D2 and was retouched just today with some slopes and light effects. The second one is vanilla D2 and the third - Zdoom again.
Detail is there in reasonable amounts - it's not Gothic 2 but it's definitely not 50 vertices/3 textures.
They were also constructed with the cw-sin1.wad weapon pack in mind. Item placement might seem a bit silly otherwise.

First I wanted to ask if it's be ok to slap the link to the maps here or not.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Quake 3 to Doom conversions

Post by Kappes Buur »

Curunir wrote:... First I wanted to ask if it's be ok to slap the link to the maps here or not.
Why shouldn't it be ok to link to your maps?

So, slap away.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

You could always upload them to the 3d archives if you want.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

I think I don't want them either on 3d archives or domworld's server in their current form. Probably when I complete House of Pain from Q3 as well and bundle it all up in a Tier 1 wad...
And I don't want to publish levels that people might consider crap, that's why I'm asking for evaluation here first. I have got quite enough of crap levelpacks uploaded here and there and would like to protect people from what I've been through.

If you find them likeable, that'd be a different story. And here are the links:
Levels only. 60k zip
Levels and weapon pack 700k zip

Credit for the weapon pack .wad goes to whoever made it. I found it in Dark7's expansion and the readme in there didn't state who the creators of sw-sin1.wad are.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Those levels are pretty damn good. Although I was straining my brain to work out what the 2nd level was.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Ehehe. First of all, thanks.
The second level is Sarge's map from the end of the first Tier, (this - http://images.gameaholic.com/levels/q3tourney1.jpg ) stripped of its out-of-place gothic elements (in a map called Power Station 0218 :) ) and redid in a fully techbase style. I didn't have Q3 installed when I made it, so it's more of a layout conversion than a precise replica.
I couldn't think of a way of alternating the Berserk powerup with, let's say, Invisibility, (yes, I can't script for poop) so, where the Quad/Regen in the original level is, I placed the Berserk.

Return to “General”