Hexen 1 expansion bug

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Hexen 1 expansion bug

Postby Curunir » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:59 am

In the expansion I reached the first puzzle where you have to set the gems (planets) on the circular pattern. I played this and that level, backtracked a lot, did several minor puzzles. Finally I got the Emerald (green) planet. I placed it on the puzzle wall. Then I found the Sapphire (blue) planet, hovering above a pit, but I haven't completed the necessary puzzle so I couldn't get it.

Then I mucked about the Badlands level, and when I opened a certain door, the game spat out something like "A platform has been raised nearby." On the other side of the door a "floating" bridge had appeared and it lead to a place where a column was moving up and down. I went up and led me to... duh! the Emerald gem again!

I never played the expansion without Zdoom so I can't tell whether it's a mistake of the mappers or a glitch in the new engine, but I'm almost 100% sure there should have been something else in the place of that gem, simply because I got ti earlier and set it in the puzzle pattern.
Go figure! :?
Curunir
In heaven everything is fine

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Xaser » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:13 am

I've never played the expansion, but in the original Hexen, there is a puzzle just like the one you're describing. However, there are supposed to be two emerald planets, which both go into the circular pattern. Yes, it's a bit questionable, but it's not a bug.
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Curunir » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:20 am

Errk... My bad. I just tried the gem on the puzzle wall and it fit, so there's two green. All is well with the world now! :D

Can this thread be killed in some way, now that it doesn't belong here?
Curunir

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:36 am

There are also 2 red ones. The second red one is well hidden and leads to a secret level. You may want to find it. ;)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Curunir » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:44 am

I'm having a hard time finding stuff that's even lightly screened from the player and now you use this hideous "well hidden" phrase. :roll:
I'm so lost in this game. My superior sense of direction gets crushed into a sad crumpled heap. The height differences, the drops, it boggles the mind... And I still have to get 2 more masks for the blue gem.

But I think this talk belongs more in General discussion.
Curunir

Postby randi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:56 pm

Moved to general.
randi
Site Admin

Return to General