[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Clownman

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Clownman »

Captain J wrote:I think Zrrion polished some DNF weapon into a good one(here's a hint; It's Gurumaster from Russian Overkill). And speaking of which, those might need some smoothing polish. But good to see DNF sprites being made tho.
Kind of why they are single-frame and everything. Hoping somebody else can polish it up and make it like other DNF weapon-reworks posted in here. (Especially like the Shrink Ray sprite that's burried in this very threat)

Trying to reshade it is not really something I feel capable of. ^^;;
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I think i may want to touch them later. I can't help but admit that DNF was a guilty pleasure for me, i don't think it's as bad as everyone else says.

But anyway, this might be the last sprite for today, something i just started: a rework of my previous Sturdy Caravan Shotgun from Fallout New Vegas, to look like as a brand new weapon instead of a jury-rigged mess with a bolt for rear sight. I'm following my own Powerslave trend, but there will be a Doomguy version too.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I honestly especially loved some of the redesigns DNF gave for pre-existing stuff. The weapons moreso, obviously.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

Another portion of sprite assets for tPD.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Some improvements.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (45.36 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

mac 10.
Attachments
27051.png
27051.png (7.52 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

For those who like Parasite Eve 2, i've ripped through some items i thought to be useful before losing my External HDD. I've done some others, but all those others are scattered throughout Factotum. Three items in this sheet were ripped by YukesVonFaust: The HP Recovery 1, the Flashlight and the Pepper Spray.

(The quality looks bad but it's only a thumbnail).

jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Gotta love the PASGT Vest. Good memories.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Quick Fire is a MUST on Scavenger mode. I've never adventured myself on Nightmare. I am not that masochist =p
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

It is hard but not impossible. Sure, Golems at the first 30 min of gameplay in a scenario that kills you in one or two hits can be frustrating as hell, but still you'll eventually beat the game. Eventually.

Back on topic, took a lil break from the Powerslave themed sprites and started doing this Halo Battle Rifle on Doomguy's hands.
Attachments
Model by McCarthy3D
Model by McCarthy3D
Untitled.png (37.01 KiB) Viewed 964 times
Last edited by jdredalert on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Nice rip on PE2 items.

==

*offtopic*
Scavenger mode("Supportless mode" in JP version) just lack of equipment, it's still not that hard, just can't use PE spells a lot in the beginning(unless you have some XPs from previous run).

Nightmare mode("Deadly mode" in JP version) = Scavenger + Bounty + start with half of HP(50 instead of 100) and no BP & XP, I did completed this mode with JP version on real PSX, I saved a lot because Aya was got killed so easily, even those weak monsters can nearly take all her HP(Golems just can one hit kill for sure). But still, it possible to finished the game, just needed a lot of cautions and patients. (Free M950 & SP12 shotgun and unlimited shotgun and 9mm ammo did helps too, but the beginning was really like HELL! :3:)
*/offtopic*
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

jdredalert wrote:It is hard but not impossible. Sure, Golems at the first 30 min of gameplay in a scenario that kills you in one or two hits can be frustrating as hell, but still you'll eventually beat the game. Eventually.

Back on topic, took a lil break from the Powerslave themed sprites and started doing this Halo Battle Rifle on Doomguy's hands.
That's the assault rifle.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Assassin of Purity wrote: That's the assault rifle.
Oops, my mistake! Yeah, the Battle Rifle is the one that looks more like a FAMAS of some sort. :oops:

Anyway, the basic frames are done, including one red visor to be used when the gun run out of ammo. I'm planning to add more frames into this sheet, but since it's already usable the way it is, why not to share, right? EDIT - Added some centered version as well, for a more classic Doom approach.
Attachments
Model by McCarthy3D.
Model by McCarthy3D.
_bc

Post by _bc »

Just something from the 'lil project I'm tinkering with ;)
sprites.jpg
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

That looks great! Strong 16 bit era vibes!

Return to “General”