(Tutorial) Editing with HD Textures in GZDoom Builder

Handy guides on how to do things, written by users for users.

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't start threads here asking for help. This forum is not for requesting guides, only for posting them. If you need help, the Editing forum is for you.
spectre0618

(Tutorial) Editing with HD Textures in GZDoom Builder

Post by spectre0618 »

http://gzdoomadventures.blogspot.ca/201 ... orial.html

I wrote out the tutorial at the link above. I wanted to be able to use the HD textures in my own wad without needing them as an external resource but upon using SLADE 3 and placing them into my wad my entire level had textures that were suddenly way too big and were not correctly scaled. Scoured the forums but found a bunch of questions with not much more so I figured I'd do a tutorial myself as I figured things out. The tutorial above was the result.

Hopefully it helps someone!
Last edited by spectre0618 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: (Tutorial) Editing with 3D Textures in GZDoom Builder

Post by wildweasel »

I feel like the title should probably say "HD Textures" instead of "3D Textures" - I thought you'd come up with some cool new trick for faked parallax mapping, or something. =P
spectre0618

Re: (Tutorial) Editing with 3D Textures in GZDoom Builder

Post by spectre0618 »

wildweasel wrote:I feel like the title should probably say "HD Textures" instead of "3D Textures" - I thought you'd come up with some cool new trick for faked parallax mapping, or something. =P
Lol, changed. Apparently morning me doesn't function as well as afternoon me
Kefka

Re: (Tutorial) Editing with HD Textures in GZDoom Builder

Post by Kefka »

This tutorial is good. Where did you get those sprites? I saw that weapon on Realm667, but it was with brown gloves.
spectre0618

Re: (Tutorial) Editing with HD Textures in GZDoom Builder

Post by spectre0618 »

Kefka wrote:This tutorial is good. Where did you get those sprites? I saw that weapon on Realm667, but it was with brown gloves.
Much appreciated :)

I made the gloves black in Photoshop and adjusted the firing and animation sequence and then loaded it in via Slade 3. I submitted my version at Realm 667 already but it's awaiting approval. I have a black gloved version of the Duke Shotgun as well that I made but I'm not sure what the distribution rules are here lol

Return to “Tutorials”