Duke Nukem Forever 2001 Leak - Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Duke Nukem Forever 2001 Leak - Resources

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:27 pm

Logo2.png

Since the very first day of the recent leak of DNF2001, I built up 2 repositories to dump its files and not lose them, plus also to investigate the resources and rip them for modding. After a while I have joined a Discord channel that's filling up with tons of fixes and addons for the leak already, one of my repositories become important for the first stage of the fix process and for people who wants to try the leak rapidly without have the necessity to stitch up properly files and folders to boot it up. While sadly I can't run DukeED with the D3d8 wrapper since I am on Win7, I can at least view models and maybe replace textures to polish up the leak removing suspicious materials that could prevent in the nearly future to have a "sanitized" build with Single/MP playable experience plus the editing itself.

So there we go: using a very simple batch line that I have found by reading through tons of messages in the Discord channel, I have dump all TEXTURES and SOUNDS from the leak atm. Later maybe it will be possible the same for models through MeshED and some other stuff as well. I have barely slept for 3 days until today, so be kind if you think that my post reads a bit awkwardly or nonsense in some lines, but I am sure the Community here will find good use of these dumps.
More will come and ALWAYS BET ON DUKE.

Repository 1 - This repo has the "original" leak files but with copyrighted or suspicious material removed from the file structure, which should be replaced at later stage

Repository 2 - My attempt to improve the leak with the help of the community by fixing whatever is possible, these are the batch lines used for ripping stuff (SOUNDS & TEXTURES)

TEXTURES - They are in bmp format and I noticed that the "alpha" color is the same from Duke3d (if I am not wrong)

SOUNDS - While tons of these are embedded with Lee Jackson for credits. they are all .wav sounds that surely will be useful somewhere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.

Discord: Ozymandias81#2768
Github ID: Ozymandias81
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Resources