Damage tint limiter

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Damage tint limiter

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:03 am

I was kinda tired of my screen getting increasingly red with damage, so I made this very basic damage tint limiter: https://github.com/jekyllgrim/DamageTin ... /tree/main

It doesn't replace the player class and should be safe to put in your autoload.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Damage tint limiter

Postby Kzer-Za » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:52 am

Sorry for asking instead of just testing it, but I will not be able to test anything for a couple of days, and I'm so interested that I have to ask now: will I be able to use it to handle hundreds of damage and not end up with a solid red screen? Because I have been mulling over this idea for one mod, to have the player health of 1000 (and the health of monsters increased accordingly), to have more fractional control over low damage. I have been holding off since if I'm not mistaken, taking several hundred damage (there still will be heavy hitters, of course) would prevent the player from seeing anything. I assume, using this lib will allow me to deal with it?
Kzer-Za

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 am

Kzer-Za wrote:Sorry for asking instead of just testing it, but I will not be able to test anything for a couple of days, and I'm so interested that I have to ask now: will I be able to use it to handle hundreds of damage and not end up with a solid red screen?

Yes, that's basically the idea. There's also a built-in GZDoom option called "Blood Flash Intensity" that also reduces the alpha of the flash. But I didn't really want that, instead I wanted it to be still solid but with a cap to how intense it can get, so yeah, this should do it.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Kzer-Za » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:18 am

Just tested it, works like a charm! Thanks a lot!
Kzer-Za

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Return to Resources