[SPRITES] Civilian Sprites in Doom Style

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [SPRITES] Civilian Sprites in Doom Style

Postby Craneo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm

if you do the cop, I think it would look better in blue than in black, and the yellow belt would probably look good too (plus, the blue's in Dooms palette could probably be easily recolored to black via slade, so people can technically get both if you make him blue)
Craneo

Discord: Craneo#8693
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby inkoalawetrust » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:31 pm

If you are going to be making cop sprites that also have a shooting sequence, I'd suggest that you make them hold their guns with both of their hands, like the guards Wolfenstein 3D's guards do. Instead of holding them on one hand like with a lot of other pistol monster/NPC sprites. Since it would kinda look ridiculous for the cops to be doing it.
inkoalawetrust

Discord: inkoalawetrust #9783
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Deon » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:16 pm

I know this is a necro, but I just HAD to tell you THANKS.

I was thinking about respriting all zombiemen by removing guns and adjusting their animations a little. That would probably look terrible.

THIS. This is exactly what I needed for my town map. I will be sure to give full credit, and I thank you 1000 times.

Deon

Postby DeeDeeOZ » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:03 pm

No problem. Still working on more stuff for this, and finally going to get some free time soon so hopefully more content soon.

Also.. Shadowrun was going to be on of my secret projects :D (Shadowrun really needs more FPS love)so please.. keep going and feel free to use any of my stuff.
DeeDeeOZ

Previous

Return to Resources