[SPRITES] Civilian Sprites in Doom Style

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Nomakh

Re: [SPRITES] Civilian Sprites in Doom Style

Post by Nomakh »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:
Nomakh wrote:Well, this is real treasure for me! Will there be more of "baddies"?) With a lot of "styles" like russian bandits, columbian cartel members, stereotypical mafia members?
There will be. Whole bunch! Got some already finished but not uploaded yet, most of the higher tier enemies will be pretty specific but aim for lots of variants for lower level guys. Also atempting to work more with color translation stuff so guys can be changed with little effort.
This is nice! I will be glad to see them)
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

There is one note about "Goons". After they take their weapon off their pocket, they shoot, then hide it and only after this started to walk toward their target. It would be nice to add frames when they are walking with their gun in "almost ready" position, not taking it out each time when they wanted to shoot)
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

most of the next lot of guys I am making will be walking around with guns out, either held low or up near shoulder, went for the pull out shoot, put away as it saves on sprite rotations. Pretty much only using that style for some pistol guys. One option is to also have them enter a refire state where they stay still with gun out and aim and fire without reholstering. Or alt see state. Super easy way will be to make them holstered in spawn then draw and chase after that. I can make some weapon out walking sprites for them, no problem.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

This is... just nice. You are doing good, lad! :thumb:
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Updated the goons pack with alt weapons drawn versions for both mobsters (will probably do the 2 goons soon) can choose which ones you want to use, if your feeling really clever can combine both so after they fire first time they go to second see state with weapon out from then on. was going to work on couple more low level guys next, also couple of higher tier replacements but could do some more mobster variants first if these would be useful.

EDIT* updated goons as well so they now have drawn weapon versions.
RevanGarcia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

Heyyy, this looks actually pretty good.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Updated Goons pack with 2 new guys. First big guy built on Chaingunner body and Mercenary with generic AR/carbine/smg
-mercenary comes in 2 flavors more tactical and classic doom2, also will be doing more of him with edits (balaclava/helmet/helmet+AK/hood+Ak :wink: )
-designed to to be usable with translations
EDIT* super minor edit to merc guy, gave tactical version better idle sprite and adjusted gun on facing sprites to give tiny bit more movement.

Have lots more planned but interested in which type people want more of first. pretty much comes down to 1.street level thugs, 2.mobsters or 3.mercenary soldiers. And some unique stuff for high tier enemies (these will be less useful for most people).
if your interested in specific type PM with what direction you want covered first.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

How about some (cyber)punky looking goons - you know, mohawks and the like?
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Enjay wrote:How about some (cyber)punky looking goons - you know, mohawks and the like?
Thanks for the Input :)
I have some punks planned both male and female with glorious mohawks and spiked leather. Some of the high tier stuff I am doing has got really strong Cyber feel to it.

Restarted Cyperpunk the other day after finishing everything it had to offer awhile ago, and one of my favorite things about it was the character design.
Especially the gangs. So don't be surprised if some stuff rubs off.

The setting of my current project actually pokes fun at this..
Spoiler:
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:Updated Goons pack with 2 new guys. First big guy built on Chaingunner body and Mercenary with generic AR/carbine/smg
-mercenary comes in 2 flavors more tactical and classic doom2, also will be doing more of him with edits (balaclava/helmet/helmet+AK/hood+Ak :wink: )
-designed to to be usable with translations
EDIT* super minor edit to merc guy, gave tactical version better idle sprite and adjusted gun on facing sprites to give tiny bit more movement.

Have lots more planned but interested in which type people want more of first. pretty much comes down to 1.street level thugs, 2.mobsters or 3.mercenary soldiers. And some unique stuff for high tier enemies (these will be less useful for most people).
if your interested in specific type PM with what direction you want covered first.
1. More Russians (Gopniks especially)
2. Freaks like in Manhunt
3. Melee-armed "riot-members" (Crowbars, axes, bats, molotovs...)
4. Ghetto-like gangsters
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:I have some punks planned both male and female with glorious mohawks and spiked leather. Some of the high tier stuff I am doing has got really strong Cyber feel to it.
Sounds very cool - as does your project concept.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Haven't had any spare time at moment due to real life, so not much progress here.

Hoping to have some more time soon, have some stuff started that I really want to finish and put up, so for mean time
I have uploaded the goon sprite sheets as separate download on main post for any spriters to take and fiddle with if they want.
These also contain 2 old style mobsters(shotgun/tommygun) in both grey and green versions

Still got Punks,Gopniks and gangstas on the way
Nomakh wrote: 3. Melee-armed "riot-members" (Crowbars, axes, bats, molotovs...)
Would you be okay with only 5 rotations for these, I have a bunch of melee weapons that combined with my civilian sprites and masks/bandannas that would work quite well
making 8 rotations for melee attacks is pretty time consuming.
Same if they would be okay on sheets instead of individual sprites.
Nomakh

Post by Nomakh »

Yep, 5 rotations are okay, but if possible I would like to have individual sprites or this would be great to acquire software to work with spritesheets, to remove background from them real quick (in PM)
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

A work of art. Didn't you used to have a cop/policeman character also? Or am I thinking of someone else.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Hidden Hands wrote:Didn't you used to have a cop/policeman character also?
I did do a MAR3D version of the policeman but never ended up releasing it as it still has unfinished rotations and wasn't happy with shooting frames. Was planing to redo it in better doom style but couldn't decide if i should change his uniform to blue or leave it black or possibly add yellow vest, then got distracted.

Might be someone else if its been completed.

I have whole lot of stuff currently 3/4 completed but real life's had to take priority lately, looking forward to pushing out more stuff when things settle down.

Return to “Resources”