[Code/concept + some resources] F-Zero GZ (?)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[Code/concept + some resources] F-Zero GZ (?)

Postby lecapitaine » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:51 am

So, I figured I'd put this out there where people can notice it.

Eons ago, I tried my luck at an ACS-based F-Zero TC for GZDoom. It didn't pan out, but I wound up learning a great deal and this was critical in easing me into full-fledged game dev.

I'm still fairly and probably too proud of what I came up with in terms of features, and figured somebody might be courageous enough to try and make something decent out of this mess using the features GZDoom gained since then.

Features
  • F-Zero in Doom
  • One entire track, four machines with different properties
  • Functional accel/max speed slider
  • SNES and X boost modes
  • White-knuckle 35fps racing

Spoiler: Screens

Grab it on my Drive here.

To play, just start a new game and you'll be taken to the track map. You can also type "map anticlimax" in the console.

Note: For the game to play properly, you'll have to set cl_capfps to true. This is, or at least was a limitation of ACS back then.
lecapitaine

Discord: 9383#9383
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Resources