DOOM Liquid Texture Pack V5.0

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

DOOM Liquid Texture Pack V5.0

Postby Steve5563 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 am

DOOM Liquid Texture Pack V5.0,
this pack replaces the original textures in doom for a more modern look and includes a few files for map designers wanting to use these for custom maps.
this is a gzdoom only texture pack, and has only been tested with gzdoom 4.5
Download link: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/add ... xture-pack

------Features--------
- Uses a Parallax Shader with a complex animated texture setup to create a 3d wave effect that only requires a few textures to make the animation work (128 frame animation for the flat textures and 64 frame animation for the fall textures)
- Uses a looped 32 frame animation for the normal and specular maps ( within the 128 or 64 frames of the flat or fall textures)
. Fake environment reflections for a more modern look
- Animated splashes for bullets and projectiles hitting the surface of the textures.
- Underwater shader for a wobbly screen effect. this can be adjusted in the menu
- Lightweight on vram usage

-------Map And Mod Creators--------
- Feel free to use this texture pack in your own map or mod.

------credits----------
- parallax shader source can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=62104
- water splash and sounds scripting by Enjay, original file can be found here : viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35547&p=670357&hilit=liquid+terrain#p670357
- under water shader by gutawer : viewtopic.php?f=103&t=57168&p=1008508&hilit=Gutawer%27s+Shader+Shop#p1008508
Steve5563

Return to Resources