[ZScript] Playerclass-dependent item

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[ZScript] Playerclass-dependent item

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:46 am

I've created a base class for modders that lets you create an item that appears as different items for different player classes.

In this example video it appears as Shell for "Shortie" playerclass and as ClipBox for "Beanpole" playerclass: https://lowkey.gg/v/943c1a4b-b7b9-4505- ... 54993ec451

it's also multiplayer compatible: it'll look differently for each of the players, and it'll give them different items based on who picks it up.

It inherits pickupmessage and pickupsound from the item that you're supposed to be picking up, as well as the item's maxamount. The appearance of the item is unique for consoleplayer, while what the player actually gets in their inventory is synced, so it shouldn't cause any desyncs in MP

You can download it here: https://github.com/jekyllgrim/Class-dep ... /releases/
Jekyll Grim Payne

Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Resources