MObreck's content dump.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

MObreck's content dump.

Postby MObreck » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:54 am

Hello. Over the last few years I've messed around with GZDoom modding on and off. I created a number of experiments that I may never end up actually using in a project so I figured I'd share them with the public in case anyone else has a use for them.

SOUL EATER:

Spoiler:

ORANGOMEN & NEPTUNIAN:

Spoiler:
Last edited by MObreck on Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MObreck

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: MObreck's content dump.

Postby gerolf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Cool! I like the power up replacements, and the soul eater looks really cool and the animation looks well done!
gerolf

Discord: gerolf#4360
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby MObreck » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Orangoman and Neptunian monster sprites uploaded.

gerolf wrote:Cool! I like the power up replacements, and the soul eater looks really cool and the animation looks well done!

Yeah, For the Soul Eater I doubled the animation count from DOOM's standard (8 walking frames instead of 4 for example). I noticed prerendered monster sprites tend to look rather choppy when animated at DOOM's standard frame count. I also took advantage of ZDoom's scaling ability and use sprites at 3x vanilla DOOM's resolution, which helped preserve a lot of details. Trying to scale down prerendered model sprites gets rather ugly looking quick.
MObreck

Postby undeadmonk354 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Those two Duke Nukem styled enemies were magnificent, but since the developers of Alien Armageddon said that they wouldn't be fitting for Alien Armageddon,
but would they be used for several Duke Nukem mods? (For Example; The AMC TC)
undeadmonk354

Discord: Crazyboy88#3491

Postby MObreck » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 pm

undeadmonk354 wrote:Those two Duke Nukem styled enemies were magnificent, but since the developers of Alien Armageddon said that they wouldn't be fitting for Alien Armageddon,
but would they be used for several Duke Nukem mods? (For Example; The AMC TC)

I've released them to be public domain. Developers are free to add them to whatever game mods they wish. As far as I know they have not officially appeared in any Duke Nukem mod. This is the first time I've released them to the public.
MObreck

Return to Resources