[Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Martinoz » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:44 am

Bookmarked & Subbed :geek:
User avatar
Martinoz
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:[img https://i.imgur.com/KtGwQYh.png/img]

I've been playing through Doom Eternal recently and I really wanted to port some of the weapons to classic Doom. Thanks to Wartorn, I've got basic rips of some of the guns done so far. I'll be updating this post as I make progress. I'm starting with the basic unmodded weapons, but if those go well I'll see if I can do versions with the attachments. I've also got Skelegant on board to help out with muzzle flash lighting.

WEAPON STATUS:
CHAINSAW - Not started yet
PISTOL - Not started yet
SHOTGUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FKMSdTKYNeHLS3Gozs4gufwGbenidhqF
SUPER SHOTGUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eUck2ZESt-cqvVM3NSj1mRAtxZZgwQDV
HEAVY CANNON - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKoQuTBMUOC0nxpiymfbd-Ws5M9TMOJC
CHAINGUN - Not started yet
ROCKET LAUNCHER - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M_DozTD4tmO3PloI_63NJT_9MwEeISlc
BALLISTA - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vnq-fKGZ3DYxM_CAAhP6OykMh_vEPPXN
PLASMA GUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zsTkc9-OYDH6gVzjILTC2ZQxghM65GMW
BFG9000 - Basic Animation Done

Feel free to use these sprites for whatever, just remember to credit iD Software for their awesome game and if you want credit me, Skelegant and Wartorn.


bfg done?
ThrashfanBert1994
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2015

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Not yet.
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby doomfiend » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Do you happen to have the glow on the weapons on a separate layer still? or did you just flatten your images and release them? I'm tempted to make bright maps for these if you want ;]

Edit: I've taken the liberty of cleaning up some loose / Floating pixels on your Eternal shotgun. (Reload frames only) So far I have not noticed any other discrepancies? (is that the word I'm looking for?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuiu3xba5ppra ... d.zip?dl=0

if I notice anymore rough edges I'll be sure to clean them up for ya :D

Edit: Would it be possible to use the marines left hand when reloading the super shotgun? I think it looks a tad weird when hes loading with his right hand.
User avatar
doomfiend
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: some where

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby theroguemonk » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:50 am

hi sgt love final doomer as you know

what app do you use to make these?

thank you so much for sharing your hard work!
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Nightsentinel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Impressive Job Sgt. Shivers. Would you consider doing the rips of the angled versions of the Doom Eternal Weapons as well? That would be an awesome addition for mods with the style of D4V
Thanks for sharing
User avatar
Nightsentinel
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2017

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:17 am

doomfiend wrote:Do you happen to have the glow on the weapons on a separate layer still? or did you just flatten your images and release them? I'm tempted to make bright maps for these if you want ;]

Edit: I've taken the liberty of cleaning up some loose / Floating pixels on your Eternal shotgun. (Reload frames only) So far I have not noticed any other discrepancies? (is that the word I'm looking for?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuiu3xba5ppra ... d.zip?dl=0

if I notice anymore rough edges I'll be sure to clean them up for ya :D

Edit: Would it be possible to use the marines left hand when reloading the super shotgun? I think it looks a tad weird when hes loading with his right hand.


Hello!

Thanks for the cleaned up Shotgun! I'll add it to the first post with credit to you. As for the glows, I have the original frames separated onto layers, but when they're scaled (for recoil, animation etc) the scaled image is a flat layer. I'll get in touch with Skelegant and see if she has her versions of the lighting done on separate layers. You might be out of luck for some of the guns but when I get the BFG finished up would you like me to make a separate set of frames with just the bright areas?

Some time down the line I intend to have an alternate classic reload for the Super Shotgun. I'm not a fan of the in-game animation at all.

theroguemonk wrote:hi sgt love final doomer as you know

what app do you use to make these?

thank you so much for sharing your hard work!


I use Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004. It's a very old program but I've found it works great for editing sprites / gifs.

slade666 wrote:Impressive Job Sgt. Shivers. Would you consider doing the rips of the angled versions of the Doom Eternal Weapons as well? That would be an awesome addition for mods with the style of D4V
Thanks for sharing


Maybe some time down the line. I wanted to get the centered frames first because I knew there would be less animation to do (plus I'm a sucker for centered weapon sprites). Once I've released all the centered guns I might take a shot at angled weapons, but that might be a while from now.
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby doomfiend » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Hello!

Thanks for the cleaned up Shotgun! I'll add it to the first post with credit to you. As for the glows, I have the original frames separated onto layers, but when they're scaled (for recoil, animation etc) the scaled image is a flat layer. I'll get in touch with Skelegant and see if she has her versions of the lighting done on separate layers. You might be out of luck for some of the guns but when I get the BFG finished up would you like me to make a separate set of frames with just the bright areas?

Some time down the line I intend to have an alternate classic reload for the Super Shotgun. I'm not a fan of the in-game animation at all.


its the plasma, and Bfg im more interested in working on in terms of brightmaps (With the muzzle flash and glows on the weapon(s), I'm currently building brightmaps for the Rocketlauncher frames so it looks like the argent energy is glowing in the dark. ;p
User avatar
doomfiend
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: some where

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby X_KRYX » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Hey, Sgt. Can I have your permission to make a mod that replaces the weapon sprites with the ones you made?
User avatar
X_KRYX
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2020
Location: You have to find it yourself.
Discord: X_K尺ㄚ乂#2196

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 pm

X_KRYX wrote:Hey, Sgt. Can I have your permission to make a mod that replaces the weapon sprites with the ones you made?


Sure thing, all of the sprites here are completely open for use as long as you give credit to the people who worked on them.
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:22 am

Update, the pistol has been completed and uploaded. Thanks again to Skelegant for her excellent lighting skills!
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 am

noice!

also interested to see how they'd look angled tbh...
'twould be real nice to see some 'cooldown' frames for the plasmagun in the future too... ;)
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:16 pm

looks awesome, when are we getting the mod version and the Unmayker? just asking, don't mind i use it once its out?
ThrashfanBert1994
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2015

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby slayerogames » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Can this be made into a WAD? that would be nice.
slayerogames
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2020
Location: The Nashal Cloning Facility
Discord: slayerogames#2088
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sat May 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Updated the first post with the BFG. I might redo the recoil some time, I'll upload the brightmaps soon.
Image
Here's a preview.
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
 
Joined: 22 Jun 2012
Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

PreviousNext

Return to Resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests