[Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Lagi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 am

Apeirogon wrote:
With only three attack frames it looks a little bit off.

:D , mimic look much better in motion than i expect! Too bad abutor attack look.. hmm dull.
melee attack 0:35
agree, at least he should has also top claw as attack, to mix with his left hand. And would be best if he have 3x attacks, including right hand.
Last edited by Lagi on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Stopsignal » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Gez wrote:Haha, nice. Are you planning on completing it later?


Not really, as i don't have much free time so i really gotta focus on what to continue on in order to maximize efficiency! Considering i barely did 3 monsters and a half in 3/4 of a year, it's noooooot the speed i was hoping for, hahahaha (though life absolutely got in the way of most of that.)
Unless you count the Thing, but it is only one rotation. I guess four then.
I do however let anyone to take it and give a crack at it, as i kinda liked the movie.

Apeirogon wrote:Mimic Video

Ohhhhhhhh yes, this is fantastic. Gotta say, you should absolutely submit it to R667 o:
It would be really really fun to add in stuff where no one suspects it, like a really vanilla looking mapset with corpses everywhere, only for them to suddenly start waking up all at once. YES.
Thank you so much!! I really love seeing the drawings taking life. It just feels so nice. The attack animation is kinda lame, yeah, and to be honest i was getting tired when i got to draw it (i think i did it second to last?). Should have probably used more of the body and arms, after all it's a mess of limbs that moves!

Lagi wrote: :D , mimic look much better in motion than i expect! Too bad abutor attack look.. hmm dull.

agree, at least he should has also top claw as attack, to mix with his left hand. And would be best if he have 3x attacks, including right hand.


Hah! It would probably not take that much time, but i'll go on to pastures new for now. Anyone welcome to do it.

I gotta say, the front view of the abutor attack indeed looks dull. I thiiiink i know why that is, the body doesn't move that much and the pose doesn't change that drastically. Also, if you look at it like a silhuette (all black and white) the arm just shortens: it does not look like it is going to the front.
I just wanna get on with it tho so i'll leave it as is.


Image
With the full dash animation it looks good. Can't use it for normal melee tho.
User avatar
Stopsignal
Pixel Artist
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Discord: Stopsignal#2168

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Apeirogon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Huh, dash, usually, slits into three phases preparing dash, dashing, attack after dashing.
Can you say where its three phases are? Because I see only preparing and attack.
User avatar
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2017

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Cyanide » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:28 am

Stopsignal wrote:
Gez wrote:Haha, nice. Are you planning on completing it later?

Not really


That's a shame, though. :(
That one frame looks damn good!
User avatar
Cyanide
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Location: 6 ft. under

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Lagi » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 am

even if Stopsignal do a full set of "more-grayish-imp-without-spikes-but-with-nice-teeth" (4x move, range, melee, pain, death2x... x 8 direction) it would be just a recolor variant of doom imp.
thanks for not wasting your time Stopsignal.
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Hekmatyar » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:34 am

Made you (and perhaps those who like it) a little something, Stopsignal! :D

Made lil spawnable monster from the mimic sprites. Added sounds. Misses a melee hit sound, but I'll leave that to change :)

"summon Spookymimic" will spawn this fella.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey9bxo2g6 ... c.wad/file
User avatar
Hekmatyar
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2014

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Cyanide » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:37 am

Lagi wrote:even if Stopsignal do a full set of "more-grayish-imp-without-spikes-but-with-nice-teeth" (4x move, range, melee, pain, death2x... x 8 direction) it would be just a recolor variant of doom imp.
thanks for not wasting your time Stopsignal.

No, that would'nt be "just a recolor" of the original Doom Imp, since there obviously has been done some work to the face, shoulders, etc.
I don't think it would be a waste of time. Neither does Gez, so it seems...
User avatar
Cyanide
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Location: 6 ft. under

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Gez » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:50 am

Yeah, I figured it might be simpler/faster to make since it's editing existing sprites instead of creating everything from scratch; but it's perfectly reasonable to prefer to focus on one's own original creations.
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby TaporGaming » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:22 am

Eternal Arachnotron?
TaporGaming
I liek to make baddons
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2018

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Stopsignal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Apeirogon wrote:Huh, dash, usually, slits into three phases preparing dash, dashing, attack after dashing.
Can you say where its three phases are? Because I see only preparing and attack.


The dash would be almost instantaneous! As preparing dash is quite long. It'd basically teleport to you and damage unless you move enough or get to cover.

Cyanide wrote:
Stopsignal wrote:
Gez wrote:Haha, nice. Are you planning on completing it later?

Not really


That's a shame, though. :(
That one frame looks damn good!


I do want to! it's just time, man, time sucks. Gotta manage it! To be honest, if i could, i would just do this my whole life. Sprites and drawings. Doom modding, etc.

Thanks for understanding, y'all! I do leave the 1 frame concepts if anyone wants to give a crack at them, or if it one day inspires me to finish it, which definitely happens (the Pyropork was this for *months* until i decided to actually finish drawing the rotations)

TaporGaming wrote:Eternal Arachnotron?

Nope!

Ok, now updates:

Finished rotations for this bad boy:

Image

I SO want to have this finished as i'll use it both as the mod's main character and as a personal skin. It also means i'd have to do the crouch frames, but i'll figure what to do with that later.

Also, rabbitface!

Image

I don't give permission to use it because i made it for a friend. Whoops! Still, had to share it, it just looks really fun IMO.
Still not finished (needs blood frames) but good enough for now!
User avatar
Stopsignal
Pixel Artist
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Discord: Stopsignal#2168

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby NeonLights95 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:31 am

This is some pretty good stuff, Stopsignal.

9/10!
User avatar
NeonLights95
I'm known by many names
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2017
Location: A lot of places
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Stopsignal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:56 am

Hekmatyar wrote:Made you (and perhaps those who like it) a little something, Stopsignal! :D

Made lil spawnable monster from the mimic sprites. Added sounds. Misses a melee hit sound, but I'll leave that to change :)

"summon Spookymimic" will spawn this fella.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey9bxo2g6 ... c.wad/file


Oh god i actually forgot to reply to you i'm so sorry hahahahaha
I downloaded it the day you posted basically but i'm trying not to spam too much this thread! It's better to post updates most of the time.
I spawned and it took me by surprise that it was friendly! i then instantaneously went to doom 2's map13 and started spawning an effton of the suckers because it's so fun to see my army wreck the place OH YES.
Also, the sounds are goddamn exquisite, damn. No idea where you took them from but they work perfectly, how the arm rips off the back and the whole thing can be heard and it makes the animation come alive. ITS GOOD.

Progress on the pig! To show you something rather than give nothing.
Image
User avatar
Stopsignal
Pixel Artist
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Discord: Stopsignal#2168

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Apeirogon » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Stopsignal wrote:The dash would be almost instantaneous! As preparing dash is quite long. It'd basically teleport to you and damage unless you move enough or get to cover.

Add some transition sprites for teleportation, between final RAWR and actual punch. Because SUDDEN teleportation from one point to another looks messy and dont connect RAWR and "tele punch" in one continuous action.
User avatar
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2017

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby Hekmatyar » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Oh god i actually forgot to reply to you i'm so sorry hahahahaha
I downloaded it the day you posted basically but i'm trying not to spam too much this thread! It's better to post updates most of the time.
I spawned and it took me by surprise that it was friendly! i then instantaneously went to doom 2's map13 and started spawning an effton of the suckers because it's so fun to see my army wreck the place OH YES.
Also, the sounds are goddamn exquisite, damn. No idea where you took them from but they work perfectly, how the arm rips off the back and the whole thing can be heard and it makes the animation come alive. ITS GOOD.

Progress on the pig! To show you something rather than give nothing.


That's okay :D

Glad you enjoyed it. It does miss a "missing hit" sound, but that's because the sound file is in another file of mine, so I forgot to add the before I uploaded this.

The gore sound of the arm sprouting out is from Doom 2016 and the "voice" lines come from these buggers: https://youtu.be/360uNK2lpUI?t=3182
User avatar
Hekmatyar
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2014

Re: [Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Postby TaporGaming » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Anything new?
TaporGaming
I liek to make baddons
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deon, TheLightBad96 and 1 guest