Just a simple little monitor model

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Enjay

Just a simple little monitor model

Post by Enjay »

I was poking around in some of my Quake resources folders and I stumbled across a nice little monitor model with a star field effect. It had quite a neat animation on the screen, so I decided to convert it for GZDoom use. I re-did the skin basically from scratch so that it ties in with Doom stuff and tweaked the model quite a bit too (geometry and UV).

It near as damnit fits into a 64x64 hole (modeldef is scaled with doom pixel ratios in mind).

I hadn't really intended it to be used like that. Placing it like this was more just to confirm its size.

I have no idea of the source of the original model. It was just sloshing around in a big model-dump folder that I have.

It is set up with a basic DECORATE script but anyone using it might want to give it collision properties or something.

http://www.aspectsweb.co.uk/enjay/doom/ ... onitor.pk3
Rayman The Hedgehog

Re: Just a simple little monitor model

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

Nice, in the screen it's looks like it has a win95 screensaver xD
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yeah, I thought that too. I don't know if that was the original intent or if it is meant to look like an actual star field or something. Either way works IMO. I just liked the way that, with the animation being done via the model frames, it looked nice and smooth.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Minor update (if anyone wants it). I had mentioned that the monitor looked too bright compared to the surrounding walls in the OP (comment now edited out). Of course it didn't match! Some doofus set all the sprites to be bright. [ahem :oops: ]

So, that's now fixed and I have included a brightmap in the folder so that the stars on the monitor can appear nice and bright and the rest of the model now matches the surroundings more accurately.

Same DL link as before.

Return to “Resources”