Alien Breed 3D Textures Complete

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Alien Breed 3D Textures Complete

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Long time ago Diodeus was able to rip the resources of AB3D but the majority was from the sequel: The Killing Grounds, Now i come with a complete set of textures from both games based on he's work. :D

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!xlIhEagC!C7b1LJMK6kFF ... 5Qf7KE8eMo

Credits:
Diodeus (Original rip)
Team17 (The developers of the Alien Breed series)
Jhon Girvin (tools used to obtain the textures)
Rayman The Hedgehog
Nothing to see here, KEEP SCROLLING!!

Discord: Raypuia#6578

Re: Alien Breed 3D Textures Complete

Postby ArcturusDeluxe » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am

Hi!
I didn't know the best way to contact you and I can't see profiles on this forum for some reason, so I'll make a post here and hopefully you'll see it. Over the past two weeks I have been working on porting Alien Breed 3D to GZDoom as a way to get into Doom modding, but I have just found your posts in the WIP thread and found that you were working on the same thing as of a few months ago. If you have a preferred method of getting in touch maybe we could compare notes, or perhaps share some resources? I could do with some help with being able to view the geometry of some of the AB3D levels. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my progress I've made so far - I have maps 1 and 2 built and most of the enemies and all of the weapon types basically working, although everything needs polish of course. Oh and I used this texture archive so thanks for compiling it!
ArcturusDeluxe

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:22 am

There was another attempt at recreating Alien Breed 3D a good few years back, but it doesn't look like it ever quite reached fruition.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby ArcturusDeluxe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:53 am

Kinsie wrote:There was another attempt at recreating Alien Breed 3D a good few years back, but it doesn't look like it ever quite reached fruition.

Yeah, I found that one too, but I also found another post on another forum from seemingly the same guy saying he had no time to work on it, unfortunate. You're the guy who made Reelism aren't you btw? If so I love your stuff.

But anyway, I made fixes for a few of those textures in the texture pack Rayman posted:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=100vWT ... _ViD_h8qKN

So the thing about the texture rips Rayman posted is a lot of them originally come from a (legitimately released) archive of the Killing Grounds source code and assets, which just happened to include a lot of stuff from AB3D1. Not all of it though, and a few of the textures seem to be fairly quick and dirty rips from another source (possibly QBreed?) that have been scaled down a lot and don't look right. I went in and basically remade those textures by taking very careful screenshots and then editing and touching them up. They're slightly different to the originals but not noticably so. Hope it's helpful to someone!
ArcturusDeluxe

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 pm

ArcturusDeluxe wrote:
Kinsie wrote:There was another attempt at recreating Alien Breed 3D a good few years back, but it doesn't look like it ever quite reached fruition.

Yeah, I found that one too, but I also found another post on another forum from seemingly the same guy saying he had no time to work on it, unfortunate. You're the guy who made Reelism aren't you btw? If so I love your stuff.

But anyway, I made fixes for a few of those textures in the texture pack Rayman posted:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=100vWT ... _ViD_h8qKN

So the thing about the texture rips Rayman posted is a lot of them originally come from a (legitimately released) archive of the Killing Grounds source code and assets, which just happened to include a lot of stuff from AB3D1. Not all of it though, and a few of the textures seem to be fairly quick and dirty rips from another source (possibly QBreed?) that have been scaled down a lot and don't look right. I went in and basically remade those textures by taking very careful screenshots and then editing and touching them up. They're slightly different to the originals but not noticably so. Hope it's helpful to someone!

Thanks to include your edits, to be honest i suck in sprite & texture editing :lol:
Rayman The Hedgehog
Nothing to see here, KEEP SCROLLING!!

Discord: Raypuia#6578

Return to Resources